Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Here's the screenshot of the route and i did turned off the auto tunning since I bought this game and it still tunning to the ils itself.

Ok, thank you. It looks like this is not the assistance tuning the frequency because the frequency would then be in a larger font size. The small font size indicates that the FMS automatically tuned the frequency for the ILS, it should not do that if no ILS approach is planned.

Thanks. I found almost no actual documentation of this so far. Some people say it's a self test sequence others say it's hydraulics cut off to prevent excessive loads in the exhaust stream of the engine. In videos it looks almost like a pre programmed schedule. So if you have any official training documents that you can link to it would be much appreciated.

As was mentioned: In the Steam Store you can purchase two versions and only the deluxe version contains all aircraft but the scenery is the same. Global scenery is available for free on the PC version, just needs to be switched on in the sim settings.

On mobile you get a base package of aircraft and scenery. To extend the fleet we offer in-app purchases and to fly globally there is a monthly subscription available.

Please post a screenshot of the route, so that we can try and replicate it.

You may also have to disable the assistance for automatic frequency tuning in the settings, otherwise the assistance will automatically tune the ILS frequency for the runway you are approaching and with that the autopilot (at least currently) thinks you want to fly the ILS. This is desirable because most people do not go to the navigation menu to select the approach and then go into the simulation and actually fly it.... most of the times you just select final approach on an airport and regardless of your route the ILS approach will be pre-selected and is ready to be used.

The aerowing is the original aerodynamics simulation of a wing with only two trailing edge flaps and an airbrake input as well as one root and one tip airfoil. The Flap0Area and Flap1Area define how much additional area is added to the wing area as the flap is deflected. Since most ailerons do not change the wing area at all it should be 0. Fowler flaps that extend beyond the trailing edge have a noticeable movement to the rear though and slightly increase the wing area.

The aerowing2 is the new simulation which allows an individual airfoil, trailing edge flap, leading edge slat and spoiler for each wing station. This means you are no longer limited to two flaps (aileron+flap usually) but with this wing you can have split triple ailerons, a multitude of spoilers (roll spoilers, ground spoilers, load alleviation, etc.) which can fail individually and also affect the physics directly, outer aileron and high-speed ailerons, inner leading edge flaps and outer leading edge slats and so on. Using my tmEdit tool it is possible to convert the old aerowings into aerowings2. The airfoils per wing station also allow for much more flexibility for giving only the outer wing sections the characteristics for ailerons whilst allowing the inner wings to have proper Fowler flaps that move aft and increase wing area. And of course with the leading edge slats the stall characteristics are greatly changed over the old aerowings.

My recommendation:
    If your airplane has leading edge devices or has more than two trailing edge flap types, then use the new aerowing2. Otherwise you can still use the aerowing "1" which is still well suited for smaller aircraft.

At the moment you can either select the altitude in the location menu or you can press the quick-lift button, available from the menu in the top right. Behind the scenes we are already experimenting with more realistic launch methods, but it's still too soon to announce anything officially.

On mobile this isn't possible.

On PC: You need to convert the files into TSB files using the Aerofly FS 4 SDK and then you can add a new option folder in your user folder just like the camera mod and add a trigger for your cabin sounds to play as well as a sound definition.

Hello Ipacs, as you said earlier, you'd be willing to help me code the flight physics for the A330. I've started coding the rigidbody system :

I'll need help with the aerodynamics part.

For now just make a 1 to 1 copy of the a320.tmd and a320/base folder and just clear the GraphicsObjects section of the TMD files.

This way you already have an aircraft that flies, though invisible.

Next: add a rigidbodygraphics for the fuselage and dump all your object names into the geometry list.

Like 737. If you compare it with a320, screen on a320 is in black but 737 is in dark grey

Well that is the design choice of each of our 3D designers. You would think that they could just re-use the same materials for the similar objects in different aircraft but apparently that is too much to ask and each aircraft gets its own look. :D

I prefer a330 over a350 cuz a350 has more fancy features such as airport map that displays on MFD but I don’t expect these features to be implemented in Aerofly which makes it less realistic. I rather have simpler but more realistic aircraft in the sim

Don't base your decision on what is already in the sim but rather what would be cool to have in the future!

Besides we already have the beginnings of an airport map in the A380 and B787 so there is incentive for us to keep working on the airport maps.

When did you select your new altitude? If you are changing the altitude to a value near your current altitude even briefly then the autopilot captures it.

Before the descent you select a lower altitude and if VNAV is active it automatically starts depending at the top of descent. Once the altitude is reached the aircraft levels off because it is never allowed to pass though the selected altitude (only on approach).

To continue the descent select a lower altitude and if the VNAV button is illuminated then press the altitude intervention button next to the altitude knob or else press the VNAV button.

We agree that needs to be improved but here is the catch:

Because the actual real world coastlines have infinite length and because even a rough estimation is in the millions of km this means even at rough 100m intervals we are talking about >16 million points. Even if someone would be able to manually create one point every second this would be a 24/7 task for 185 days straight without sleeping or in realistic terms 2.1 years without vacations.

So masking the water manually for the entire world is out of the question.

This leaves us with automatic solutions but as you can imagine we also do other things besides just water masks. We have looked into coastlines from OSM but they are also inconsistent at times which means the algorithm would need to handle a lot of edge cases and invalid data such as coastlines removing the land instead of the water, etc. So this requires more work that we thought and we paused it for now. We plan on continuing this at some point in the future.