Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

At the parking positions the cold and dark state is available.

When you move the aircraft to a custom position you select the taxi state by design. There is no way around this, it is intentional that the taxi state is selected when you start anywhere on the map on the ground.

In real life you also don't start on the taxiway with everything turned off, that would just block other traffic...

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Your program version is not the latest Aerofly FS 2 Steam Beta, please check that you start the correct version.

It tries to load the EC135 but fails to do so. Please delete your main.mcf file to restore the default aircraft.

First of all - congratulations to the IPACS team for pulling off the massive feat that the EC135 represents! I am in awe of the whole team for bringing this modern helicopter to the community, as an INCLUDED aircraft in the AFS2! This simulator now represents the best VR-heli experience available to the casual home user and I bet it will drive a horde of new users to the platform.

There is just one thing I would like the team to have another look at in the flight model - the rather large difference in lift between Hover In Ground Effect (IGE) and Hover OUT of Ground effect (OGE)? As it currently is - when approaching a landing and getting within what the flight model defines as being IN ground effect the increase in lift is massive and there is no "ramp up". For instance - when slowly moving forward from an "OUT of ground effect hover, for instance when approaching almost in level flight towards the roof of a high-rise building. When approximately half the rotor diameter is over the roof surface, there is no warning or "build-up" of an increase in lift, but it is very noticeable that the flight modelling suddenly changes a single parameter, and the helicopter "lurches" into the air, requiring an immediate large reduction in collective. I am a professional (fixed-wing mind you, so the hover "purists" may well argue it hardly counts;-)) pilot and fully realize that there is SOME difference and I also totally understand that the developers are aware of this and have included it in the modelling. My request however, is that they look again at the WAY this is modeled and - if possible - have a look at a more sophisticated and gradual build-up of lift, when translating into a steady Hover IN Ground Effect. At a very minimum the difference in lift provided between IGE and OGE should be reduced.

And just to re-iterate - this is a very minor issue, and does NOT detract from what I believe is the best and most sophisticated rotary wing expereince available to the home enthusiasts!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

At the moment the height above ground for the ground effect is sampled at one point, which is why it jumps up when you fly over an edge. But that's the same in the R22 and not a new issue.

The Sidestick is already compatible and I'm guessing the thrust levers should be configurable to work with Aerofly FS 2 already. We need to add more assignments for the engine start switches, please give us a bit more time to do so. The A320 just got the engine start in the beta and it's not even in the official release version yet.

Dear Aerofly FS fans,

After several updates in the Steam Alpha channel we are now moving to the BETA phase of our Aerofly FS 2 Steam version.

This update includes all of the Alpha features with some additional improvements.

For those that skipped the Alpha stage and missed our initial annoucement, here is a run down of the main new features that we added to Aerofly FS:

• Added EC135 twin turboshaft helicopter
    • New implementation of the location dialog with Cold-and-Dark aircraft state selection, airport search, airport close-up view
    • New implementation of the navigation dialog with more powerful route planning, search function, real world departures (SIDs), arrivals (STARs) and approaches.
    • Improved startup time and scenery loading time
    • Added A320 and Learjet 45 engine start, new A320 sounds and callout voices
    • Many other improvements like new C90GTx glass cockpit features, more in-depth flight planning from within the cockpit using the (M)CDU devices and the new SIDs, STARs and approaches

Changes made compared to the previous Alpha build:

• Changed Route lateral steering improvement, better cycling to next waypoint
    • Added Route vertical constraints and speed constraint

• Added A320 new cruise altitude message

• Added EC135 low and high skid variants depending on the selected repaint

• Changed EC135 improved flight model with the help of professional pilots

• Changed EC135 numerous improvements to the engine and aircraft systems

• Changed EC135 new sounds for blade flap and engine start

In professional mode it's much better as I don't have anymore the "latency". But the EC135 is still impracticable for me because the right pedal gets stuck very often! In fact it is visually the left pedal which is pushed but the helicopter turns to the right on the yaw axis. If I land (violently but it looks like there is no possible crash with the EC135) the pedals work normally but the problem returns a few seconds after takeoff.

Yes because the aircraft turns right uncommanded the controller adds left pedal to dampen the rotation but since you are already overtorquing the engine you completely diminish the rotation speed on the tail rotor and it gets less and less efficient. That's why I said right pedal to get out of it "accept the spin" :D

I can see no performance drop however.

My CPU is I7 4771 @3.5GHZ.

Yes because the CPU doesn't affect the FPS much in aerofly. If it would affect the frame rate a lot then we'd be doing something wrong with our programming. The graphic card should directly affect FPS but not the CPU. When the CPU starts affecting the frame rate then we have some form of bottleneck and we work very hard to avoid those and let the graphics card do its job :)