Posts by Jet-Pack (IPACS)

OK, that is a very strange situation. Did you manually turn off the flight director switches and why is the MCP speed set to 200, heading to 360 and altitude set to 10,000ft? Did the MCP panel reset itself, which would indicate an electrical power issue for whatever reason, or did you just never change the values after starting from cold and dark? The speed, heading and altitude selected values should be close to the actual values and both flight director switches and auto-throttle switches should be on all the time during flight.

What happens if you turn on the flight director switches, then set the A/T switch to ARM, select a proper speed, heading and altitude, press FLCH and then turn on the autopilot (A/P)?

Hi, I am having the same issue and am using a PS4 controller on a Mac. I looked through the package contents in finder and could not find the main.mcf file. I tried re-installing Aerofly on the app store and moved the old files to trash in Finder but that still hasn't worked. I am trying to have no joystick assigned to elevators, and I can't figure out how to do that. I have been unable to fly because of this and am wondering if there is an equivalent of the main.mcf folder on Mac or a way to reset the keybinds/controls.

Best regards,

Clay.

Are you using the old Aerofly FS 2 or the new Aerofly FS 4?
    For Aerofly FS 4 we made a tutorial for the assignment and deletion of control inputs here:

Controls Settings | Aerofly FS

Can you please post a screenshot of the situation that you are in, when you try to re-engage the autopilot and autothrottle?

The autopilot automatically disengages when one of the follow conditions exists:
    - overspeed (check gear up, flaps up and that the airspeed is within allowed range as indicated on the primary flight display (PFD) and on the flight info bar at the top of the screen)
    - stall (check that auto-throttle is in speed mode to prevent this, check against PFD and flight info)
    - high bank angle, too high pitch or too low pitch
    - controls are not centered (check that your pitch and roll inputs are small when you engage the autopilot)

This has been posted several times and so far no response has been received. Also affects EDDM Munich and EDDF Frankfurt Main. 🤷

Correction, we already posted a reply back when this was first asked.

The reason for it is a mix of different data origins. Some lines have been created manually with one tool and other lines like the taxiway edge lines with blue lights, have been created with other tools. We're in the process of merging these different sources but it takes time.

Will the ailerons and the flaperons be able to droop after the hydraulics are shut off similar to the A320?

At the moment no, because there is no actual hydraulic system. We have plans to change them in the future, which is why we have not added this to other aircraft. If we did we eventually would have to rip it out and completely redo it at a later time, so we have not done it yet to avoid doing the same work twice.

One question, will ipacs bring this project to Mobile or will it be restricted to PC only like some other user-made aircraft?

On mobile devices the operating system of the device (iOS and Android) will automatically force close the app when too much memory is being used. This will reduce the app scoring in the respective App Store and it will reduce visibility in the store and thus sales of the app. This means we need to have full control of how much memory our app uses at any time so that we can prevent app crashes. If it were possible to modify the app from the outside we can no longer control the memory usage and the app might become unstable and crash more often, causing us actual losses in sales. And unfortunately history has shown that user created content usually aims to add as much high quality as possible until it is no longer possible. This is done beyond reason at times (e.g. 4k textures for everything) which lowers the app performance. We have also seen user content load huge data files that overflow our buffer limits (e.g. scenery cultivation files), causing many internal errors during loading, we've also seen incorrect file paths with mixed upper/lower case file-names and unnecessary high amounts of polygons in geometries. And because we cannot moderate the contents of user created content it is therefore not suited for mobile applications as long as memory is such a huge factor in the app stability.

That being said we are not ruling out any cooperation in the future which would allow external content to be added into the mobile version indirectly through us as long as we see a market for it. But it would have to follow strict rules (quality, copyright, ...) and the author who made it would need to be available for years into the future for any future changes that might break the aircraft if an app update is published or otherwise they would need to sell us all the raw files of the 3d-model, sounds, textures etc. so that we can manually change the aircraft if we need to.

Here's the screenshot of the route and i did turned off the auto tunning since I bought this game and it still tunning to the ils itself.

Ok, thank you. It looks like this is not the assistance tuning the frequency because the frequency would then be in a larger font size. The small font size indicates that the FMS automatically tuned the frequency for the ILS, it should not do that if no ILS approach is planned.

Thanks. I found almost no actual documentation of this so far. Some people say it's a self test sequence others say it's hydraulics cut off to prevent excessive loads in the exhaust stream of the engine. In videos it looks almost like a pre programmed schedule. So if you have any official training documents that you can link to it would be much appreciated.

As was mentioned: In the Steam Store you can purchase two versions and only the deluxe version contains all aircraft but the scenery is the same. Global scenery is available for free on the PC version, just needs to be switched on in the sim settings.

On mobile you get a base package of aircraft and scenery. To extend the fleet we offer in-app purchases and to fly globally there is a monthly subscription available.

Please post a screenshot of the route, so that we can try and replicate it.

You may also have to disable the assistance for automatic frequency tuning in the settings, otherwise the assistance will automatically tune the ILS frequency for the runway you are approaching and with that the autopilot (at least currently) thinks you want to fly the ILS. This is desirable because most people do not go to the navigation menu to select the approach and then go into the simulation and actually fly it.... most of the times you just select final approach on an airport and regardless of your route the ILS approach will be pre-selected and is ready to be used.

The aerowing is the original aerodynamics simulation of a wing with only two trailing edge flaps and an airbrake input as well as one root and one tip airfoil. The Flap0Area and Flap1Area define how much additional area is added to the wing area as the flap is deflected. Since most ailerons do not change the wing area at all it should be 0. Fowler flaps that extend beyond the trailing edge have a noticeable movement to the rear though and slightly increase the wing area.

The aerowing2 is the new simulation which allows an individual airfoil, trailing edge flap, leading edge slat and spoiler for each wing station. This means you are no longer limited to two flaps (aileron+flap usually) but with this wing you can have split triple ailerons, a multitude of spoilers (roll spoilers, ground spoilers, load alleviation, etc.) which can fail individually and also affect the physics directly, outer aileron and high-speed ailerons, inner leading edge flaps and outer leading edge slats and so on. Using my tmEdit tool it is possible to convert the old aerowings into aerowings2. The airfoils per wing station also allow for much more flexibility for giving only the outer wing sections the characteristics for ailerons whilst allowing the inner wings to have proper Fowler flaps that move aft and increase wing area. And of course with the leading edge slats the stall characteristics are greatly changed over the old aerowings.

My recommendation:
    If your airplane has leading edge devices or has more than two trailing edge flap types, then use the new aerowing2. Otherwise you can still use the aerowing "1" which is still well suited for smaller aircraft.

At the moment you can either select the altitude in the location menu or you can press the quick-lift button, available from the menu in the top right. Behind the scenes we are already experimenting with more realistic launch methods, but it's still too soon to announce anything officially.

On mobile this isn't possible.

On PC: You need to convert the files into TSB files using the Aerofly FS 4 SDK and then you can add a new option folder in your user folder just like the camera mod and add a trigger for your cabin sounds to play as well as a sound definition.

Hello Ipacs, as you said earlier, you'd be willing to help me code the flight physics for the A330. I've started coding the rigidbody system :

I'll need help with the aerodynamics part.

For now just make a 1 to 1 copy of the a320.tmd and a320/base folder and just clear the GraphicsObjects section of the TMD files.

This way you already have an aircraft that flies, though invisible.

Next: add a rigidbodygraphics for the fuselage and dump all your object names into the geometry list.