Posts by Wünsch

Yeah this can be confusing.

It helps if you think of a simple X , Y diagram. All coordinates and Vectors use X then Y, ( if 3d ) then Z. If you look an a map and place a X - Y diagram onto it, X = Longitude , Y = Latitude.

I have no idea where the habit of reading Latitude first, comes from, maybe historically from the "Longitude-Problem". Up until the 18th century you could only determine the Latitude accurately, Longitude was guesswork.
    So the Aerofly always uses simple mathematic systems, and units are metric.

Best regards
    Wünsch

Hi,

i am sure that i can help. In order to help i would need more information, could you provide your *.tsc file for your POI scenery?

A screenshot of your project-folder can give me clues as well, i'd like to see your texture names and formats and the copy of the log file from the converter ( tm.log ).

And what 3d-modelling software do you use?

If you do not what to show this data in public, you can send me the data in a PM.

here is a list of common mistakes.

- flipped coordinates. make sure to use Longitude Latitude, in this sequence, for example google-maps provides the coordinates in Latitude Longitude.

- missing textures, missing in the aerofly application, meaning conversion of some texture-files could have failed.

if an object has missing textures, the vulcan-API kind of skips your entire POI. Check log file of aerofly, can be found in the "Aerofly FS 4" folder in your user folder.

- Model is not in scale. It could be the case that your model is tiny in the result. Either you accidentally modeled it to small using wrong units, or the matrix of you geometry object is scaled down, for example ( scale x 0.001 , y 0.001 , y 0.001 )

Best Regards

Wünsch

That is all correct as far as it goes. Aerofly looks in an internal database to see if it can find the airport, usually according to ICAO. I don't know enough about the details. In very rare cases it can happen that the position in the database is wrong. That is also the cause of the problems with the parking positions. Because they are too far away from the position of the airport.

The display of the parking positions is determined by the currently selected aircraft.

LP0048: This is also a type of airfield that we have not considered yet. We will continue to support these extremely small airfields in the future.

greetings

Wünsch

obj file: seems to be broken, .txt removed, cannot import into Blender or C4d or open with 3D Paint.

Which 3d-program do you use?

I'd like to get all signs in one scene, no textures needed. I can use FBX DAE OBJ

getting a single sign still is better then nothing to check on.

or maybe a screenshot of your editor, with coordinates of the objects

As for textures, many devices do not support non-quad textures, so we no longer support them to avoid bugs and crashes on all devices running Aerofly.

The Custom Model element in the TAP file is used to add unique and distinctive buildings and objects to an airport.

If the Xref buildings are not enough, it offers you the possibility to implement a whole scene into the airport. For example, an entire building complex like the terminals at large international airports. Simply put, the "Custom Model" combines the TAP scenery with a TGI scenery.

KPHL Philadelphia Terminal in 3D-Software

KPHL Philadelphia in tap.aerofly.com

As you can see, in KPHL's TAP we only added the taxiways and the marker lines in the terminal area.

Regards

Wünsch

Hello community,

The problems with helicopter-only landing pads are well known and will be rectified.

The use of the "hole" material for runways is not intendedand therefore leads to the "glassy" runways.

The "Custom Model" element in the TAP file does not have a ROTATION / ORIENTATION option. It is not intended to be rotated. The purpose of this block is not to add a single model to the airport. It is intended to implement a whole scene into the airport. For example, a whole complex of buildings like the terminals at large international airports. This allows you to add unique or complex buildings. When the Xref-buildings are not enough. Simply put, the "Custom Model" combines the TAP scenery with a TGI scenery

greetings

Wünsch

Here are some tips and tricks to help you using the Aerofly FS airport creation tool.

This post will be updated from time to time and you can ask questions.

Automatic rounding:

- Lines and Tarmacs are automatically rounded. if the angle is shallower than 137 degrees,

distance between points less than 25m.

rule of thumb: for a curve of 90 degrees 4 points are enough.

- Another focus is on the intersections of the taxiways. My recommendation here is to add 2 more points to the curves.

The rounding algorithm always leaves the first and last segment straight, so you should always add a segment before the area to be rounded.

Tarmac under buildings:

- Even if it doesn't look like it on the aerial photos, it is advisable to always place a Tarmac area under a building.

At this area the terrain is smoothed and cleaned and you get a cleaner result.

The elevation is BEST taken from official sources.

Here is a screenshot of the airport-diagram of KSNS available at the FAA website.

On the runway_threshold you can see the elevation in feet.

If you can not get any official information you should use any other source.

The elevation is not just used for the creation of the airport model.

For example the co-pilot uses the runway´s elevation data to plan his decent_profile.

good Sources for:

Airports in the USA

AirNav

Airports General

OurAirports

skidmarks checkbox has no influence right now, this is correct.

Regards

Wuensch

Hello,

to bring clarity into it

we have the following Shader hints:

standard - this is for your non-transparent surfaces

necessary maps (color, ambient, bump / normal, reflection, specular - specular_alpha)

glass - for glass surfaces

necessary maps ( color - color_alpha )

so this is kind of the BASIC, now you have to specify if it is used for OUTSIDE surfaces, or INSIDE surfaces. So the Aerofly can handle them differently. For example, it can adjust some values in reference to the Camera distance.

and we do that with "exterior" and "interior": example "standard exterior"

now one thing is missing here, the glass has an additional specification "canopy" and "instrument" it is kind of self explanatory,

the canopy is used for all the windows, and instrument for all the instruments, again, this controls how the Aerofly handles those surfaces. mainly how the "environment" is reflected.

so one example for glass would be "glass interior canopy"

and there is a CATCH, the "interior canopy" glass needs two more maps, it need a "reflection" and a "bump / normal". the reflection is a prebaked reflection of the interior.

so but this is basically it for the shader hints.

Regards

Michael