Posts by Wünsch

Hello, I tried that myself and I have to say, from the scratch it is not that easy.

Problem is, when you create a rectangle in ScenProc, it has no Attributes u can use to identify it, but that is what you will net to use it as a filter.

One possible workflow would be,

- first thing in your script, create the rectangle,

- save all polygons to a file

- import that file

then in your main script you can load that file and be able to use the FromFile attribute to filter.

now the rest of your script can be placed beneath that

Hello flightextrme,

your Cultivation is basically too big, I mean from geographical size. when the Aerofly loads a cultivation and generates the meshes, it does not have all the elevation data in its memory, So cultivation objects far from your airport or cameraposition will not have the right elevation. You should tile your cultivation data into a grid with a grid size of around 10 km. each cultivation needs its own tsc file. the file can be relatiovlz blank, just the center point and the Size is needed.

So i just cleaned up the files, fixed some errors, now the CONVERTER should be able to convert this.

so you just have to Convert it like an airplane, rightclick on the folder and choose the IPACS Aircraft Converter.

an then you have a way to look at different Specular / Specular_Alpha - Settings in the Aerofly

if it still does not work, please provide me a report.txt and a log file.

looks like zou problem the "_reflection" the reflection is kind of a clear coad of paint, it always hase a sharp highlight and the landscape reflection is always sharp aswell. Make that one Black (RGB 0,0,0) and the shininess of your surface is only controled by the Specular and Specular_alpha.

the standard is kind of the main shader, and with exterior and interior you define if the polygons ,that use this material, are outside or inside view. so the aerofly can handle them a bit differently. the others are for glass interior exterior and instruments. here you got the same, the interior glass is handled differently by the aerofly, the interiorglass does not show the landscape reflections, and the glass shader have pre-set values right now, so every canopy hase the same nice look, but it is still early access, so there can by changes on the system.

mhhh, normaly the converter hase no problem converting when a texture file is missing, it lists it in the report file.

and i think the Exporter from max does not care aswell, maybe if you have no material assigned to the mesh it could cause problems.

did you link objects in 3ds max, i mean something like, that the Gear parts are linked to the Wings, because, when you export those, it is not enought to just select the parent-object, you have to select the whole chain of objects.

The Ambiend Color-Channel is simply used for the Dirt-Layer we wanna put on the Textured groundsurfaces. For example the Tiremarks on the Touchdown-zone of a runway. the thing is that the shader kind of works like C = A + B, so you need both components. if you don't wanna create a extra Dirt map, you can simply use a simple texture with a uniform 50% grey color and assign it. So the shader is satisfied and works.

The Dirt map in the Ambient-Color Channel uses the Second UV-Channel, so you can use a different Mapping for all the Dirt spots you wanna put on your runway.

Hello hartman,

I am happy for you that go got some progress. But I have to tell you that your problem lies in the Vertex colors. You do not need the VertexPaint modifier. I only used it to visualize the Vertex-colors. I usualy use the VertexColor function in the Editable-Mesh modifier. In the “Edit Vertex Color” interface of that modifier,

you can assign a color to your selected Polygone. Simply select of each material using the “material” interface of the and assign the Colors. None-visible is black (RGB : 0 0 0) and visible is red (RGB : 255 0 0).

Tell me when if it works.

Hello Hartman,

if i see it corectly, you are using one "multi-Sub-material", and to me it looks like that the names of those Sub-Materials are not correct.

They need to have a suffix on the name "__airport__apron", "__airport__runway" and "__airport__outside". So for example, the material assigned to the Runway could be namend "tarmac01__airport__runway"

Hope it will help.