Posts by Harald S.

Hi! As the Mac version works, I would recommend to add a MAC-icon to your first page where version 7 is introduced. If I were a first time visitor looking for a Mac compatible RC-simulator I might be off again, without finding out that you DO care for fruit. Just my 2c - in your interest :cool:

Btw: do you know when the patch (for Mac, of course) will be available making it possible to change helicopter parameters? Thanks in advance.:)

A shame, that people capable of making such good quality software, are not more agile in regards to attending customers, and if you attempt to call them, then all you will hear when calling at their specified contact number is a message in German from a machine, like if they were not selling internationally, and like if German where one of the most spoken languages, needless to say all I could do not being able to speak German was to put the telephone down, and by now, still no answer to my e-mail from yesterday wich included a picture of the blank disc, proving all they had to do was to send by e-mail the product keys ........ I thought that those kind of things only happened in my country ....

I never had a problem with support by Aerofly's developers. As for your remark about the language: Mandarin is the native language of 14.1 % of the world's inhabitants, English comes third with only 5.52 % and German is admittedly only the mother tongue of 1.39%. Do you speak Mandarin?

Hi,
    I only tried with three helis (Henseleit TDR, Logo 600 and another, don't recall which now). Let me explain the problem:

A) I changed the throttle curve and the pitch curve for flight condition "normal" (in the specification of the helicopter model)

a) Flight condition normal:
    - Throttle starts at zero, increases more or less evenly, reaches 50 % at 50 % of its range, flattens and reaches about 80 % at the end of it's range.
    - Pitch starts at moderate minus, gets to neutral at 50% (mid-travel) and reaches about 80 % at the end of the range.

b) Flight condition idle up 1 (more or less unchanged)
    - Throttle is either a flat line at the top - or alternatively a very flat "v" high up.
    - Pitch is a straight line from the bottom left corner to the top right corner.

I consider this as a classic setup, allows you to take off and land with low rpm, switch to idle up while hovering, going for your 3D stuff afterwards.

All this was working flawlessly in AF RC 5.X. Result with AF RC 7: I'm getting a wildly spinning tail when in flight condition "normal" - it feels like I would have lost the gyro.

Anyone experiencing this too? I would have thought that this is something you'll come across immediately when setting up a heli like it is normally flown in the real world - therefore I wonder why I cannot see other people reporting this strange behavior.:confused:

EDIT:

I just saw that someone posted the issue that changing anything with a helicopter model doesn't work properly. The developer states that it is a known issue. Sorry. But at least we have it now in English too… :cool:

Well, I'm happy that the Mac version is here - downloading now. And I really don't care if it is 10 or 20 Euro more or less than the DOS version. Thank you for doing something for the Mac community ;)

Update: downloaded it. Nice, no need for the dongle anymore. Henseleit TDR, very nice. :cool:

Thank you very much - this is the kind of update I was looking for. I keep my fingers crossed that the review process will go smoothly.

As we are talking: will there be different versions, like for the Windows guys? I personally would go for the most complete version, as I'm using version five at least three days a week (since it hit the market, so for several years already) and considering the amount of time I already spent with it, this is a very cheap investment. But thanks again in the meantime!

Hallo liebe Entwickler! Wäre nett, wenn hin und wieder ein paar aufmunternde Worte in Richtung der Mac-Nutzer gehen würden. Z.B..: "Die Entwicklung schreitet voran, wir werden voraussichtlich den selbstgesetzten Termin halten können". Oder, noch besser: "die Entwicklung lief erfreulicherweise reibungsloser als erwartet, Release-Termin für die Mac-Version ist nun der 1.Februar 2014".
    So in der Art - einfach, damit man das Gefühl erhält, dass man nicht vergessen wurde.....:cool:

Agree.
    I have been using Aerofly 5 for a lont time as a mac user and now we have to wait a year for the mac release???
    Come on..I cant wait!

Dear sanputas, we have to be fair - it is not a year yet, that the PC version is out. I just wanted to make sure that they are aware that people are waiting, patiently waiting. OK? :cool:

I'm patient. But a release date is nothing I can fly with - for that, I need a piece of SW :) But jokes apart, release dates are, well, mirages, at best. This is not aimed at IPACS and/or Ikarus, this is true for the industry. But, as said, I'm patient. I just want to make it known that there ARE people here waiting for it, eager to buy it. ;)

We promise to be patient. We do not have a choice, do we?:p
    I use aerofly 5 almost every day, at least in the winter time in order to stay proficient with the hell and to improve my landing patterns with planes. I am very much looking forward to the Henseleit TDR and the improved physics model. He have done a tremendous work with aerofly 5.

I'm also looking forward to the MAC version. Just wanted to raise my voice - otherwise the developers believe it's OK to omit/delay OSX versions if nobody rants. :cool:

But I have to admit: Aerofly is about the only decent simulator available for the MAC. So guys, please don't stop.;)
    Schönes Neues Jahr!