Posts by higgy

ok ... could be algae ?

Or it looks ( only) from 90° above ? ( like satellites look? ) Its not only this scenery ... many more ( also from other aithors) where I see this...

I fly there a few years ago, its looks not "green" ... something between blue and green, but def. more "blue" than this ...

Only a was just a tip / info :)

I get many mals from people who are not logged in, or didnt find the rest of the downloads, or the information ...

and wants to know how the downloads work, please look in the second post in this article.... or here is the link to the whole article again:

British Columbia SW (Part 5) - Vancouver Mega Scenery - Flight-Sim.org
    Description This scenery covers the town of Vancouver (BC) and the surrounding area. It also covers a part of the US state of Washington including Mt. Baker…
    flight-sim.org

Not every authors look to our pages after uploading ...

send a new conversation to him, will send a mail to him ( to the emailadress he use with this account, to that time )

that someone ask him something on our server ...

if he dont read this e-mail ... there is no other way , also for me ...

But ... the problem you didnt see :

Its to much work ... everyone wants another little "own" scenery ( where he lives, where he fly, what he knows, what he think is nice ) ..

So there had to be 3835 :) different little DLC`s, for 800 users ... you know what this means ... to less sales for so much work.

Or a DLC costs 400 bucks for every user ... no one buy

"the cat bites its tail" :) :

to less users (to pay the work) for many little DLC .. --- not many new users .. because not enough nice little sceneries.

I think ... for me its good enough :

local VERY detailed Scenery , every house, streets, driving cars, planes in traffic, trees, forests, churches.. all in perfect 3D ...
    for 20 min VFR VERY low, traffic patterns etc .. ( like we had in FS2 -> EDXE , that was great )

Or the other possibility of use : IFR .. you only need nice airports ... and good textures which you can see from 30.000 feets ...

For me the first option is the goal ( because I fly 90% small VFR ) ... I dont need every day 20 of new high detailed areas ...

but It would be nice

But I also know, Ipacs cannot handle this, this i work for 200 people ... not for 3 programmers ...

So everyone can imagine ... we have to get a nice easy and simple tool to convert complete sceneries from FS2 -> FS4 ( EDXE :) ) ( incl. all objects) ...

and also a tool to easy make new sceneries for plenty of freeware programmers ...that we get more nice little regions in full scale VFR low flying .

Thanks TOMFA where can we get these?

All 21 Files from Krzysztof Kaniewski for FS4 - Flight-Sim.org
    We proudly presents : All 21 FS 4 files from Krzysztof Kaniewski ( krzysk1 ) https://github.com/krzysk1?tab=repositories https://ko-fi.com/krzysk…
    flight-sim.org

or from himself

krzysk1 - Repositories
    krzysk1 has 60 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.
    github.com

: "less is truly more" in the case of Aero Fly. I only wish other simmers using the other SIM's out there could see the value, and appreciate what we see in FS4

I think ... its easy and its depends on us ... make vids, upload to youtube, speak about FS4 in all communities / Forum ....etc

there is no other way I think ...and when many ! users come to us (FS4)
    I think the market with 3.part developers will "smell the touch of money" :)

Well, I imagine the IPACS Aerofly FS 4 product manager is looking at this thread with amusement and thinking to him or herself, "Small number of comments by the usual cast of suspects, oh yeah this would be a real money maker...we will get right on it...NOT!" ;)

Most users dont write here ...

But I think there are many thousend who will pay a 10 or 20 Euro DLC if its good ...

But as I write ... its risky ... they have to work .. and in future they see if money comes back :)

But I think so ...

Afterwards, you also have to take other parameters into account, such as traffic, water, the weather, which are non-existent, but which require a lot of resources. Not sure that after that we would still be in the top, level speed or fluidity (FPS) :/ But for me, it suits me well. :)

Yes the "USP" is clearly the good programming and the fast loading times and smooth display (especially in VR)
    and immersive flying feelings / physics ... also with "not 5000,- Computer-hardware "

Could it be solution, to make a "switch" inside the Sim ... so that you can activate more things .. .like traffic, people, whatever .. that your ressources on your hardware is adjustable ... inside the sim .

Then everyone can decide whether they prefer to have less FPS and more features.

I think this is makeable in the software ?

I hope in the FS4 world for (switchable) driving differnt cars, vans, bus, trains, boats, running people, bicycles , gangway , suitcase van

"LIFE on earth" :)

Of course, if I get good quality new DLC, I'm happy to pay for it , if I want that DLC.
    I don't have to get anything for free ( except bug fixes ).

I didnt get that anywhere else.

(If I buy a car and the new version of the car has great new features after 12 months...
    I PAY for them too (if I want them on my old car too.)
    But if the brakes still don't work properly after 6 months on my new car ...
    I don't pay for it in the garage/workshop.)

Why should it be different with software ?

I don't know anyone who seriously demands that NEWS THINGS MUST be free?!

So please take my money :) new (UL) planes please ... and I will of course pay for them.

But I also understand :

there is a risk of investing a lot of time/money before and and then (possibly) generating too few sales.

That is something that I can't assess ...

So a wish (from me) eg. UL-Planes , Autogyro ...nice new sceneries ... whatever is a WISH ..

not more, and has nothing to do ( for me ) with a "free gift" wish ...

End of 90`and begin of 2000 I pay a lot for ms FS Addons ( anyone want this licences / CD`s ? for less money ?) ...
    When its good, i will reward this with money ...

When I work .. i also want to get money to pay my life ....