Posts by Heideflieger

I think, with your kind of communication you'll probably get no answer here.

A possible question could be:

Hello Schnuffelduffel, after giving a little donation for your fantastic italian scenery, I would like to ask you for the missing files at the border to switzerland/austria. Do you have plans to complete your project "bella italia"? That would be a great step for the AF2.

Greetings

Heideflieger:)

This morning I told the following problems to the support of Just Flight:

1) In the Falke 25C the magnetic compass shows a wrong direction

2) When I want to start one of the three plane-types and set it on a starting point, it's often not clear for taking of. The motor is off and the air brakes can not be moved - only when I repeat the procedure.

3) In the flight-informations (possible to be appropriate on the screen during flight) it's not possible to see the compass/flight-direction. It always shows 90 degrees. And also it cannot display the flight altitude, only the altitude over ground.

3) Some irritating thing: When I reduce the thrust/propeller, the sound changes only by reducing the sound-volume. That's absolutly not realistic. It sounds as if the plane flies away from me. I don't know this from other planes in Aerofly FS 2, and it doesn't match the Quality of Aerofly FS 2.

Hm, at the Moment I'm not very amused about this Falke:

1) When I reduce the thrust/Propeller, the sound changes only by reducing the sound-volume...

2) When I set the Falke on a starting Point, it's often not clear for taking off and the air brakes can not be moved - only when I repeat starting the FS2.

3) For my opinion the controll is to sluggish. But I'm not sure in this point, wether the real Falke is similar.

4) There are no sceneries, which have been promised bei just flight… :/

Hm, at the Moment I'm not very amused about this Falke:

1) When I reduce the thrust/Propeller, the sound changes only by reducing the sound-volume...

2) When I set the Falke on a starting Point, it's often not clear for taking off and the air brakes can not be moved - only when I repeat starting the FS2.

3) For my opinion the controll is to sluggish. But I'm not sure in this point, wether the real Falke is similar.

4) There are no sceneries, which have been promised bei just flight… :/

So, nun möchte ich doch nochmal eine kleine Rückmeldung zu den Ladezeiten geben, nachdem ich meinen AF2 mit allem Drum-und-dran neu aufgebaut habe und die Ursache für die plötzlich enorm längere Ladezeit des AF2 gefunden habe. Es waren nicht die in der Tat vorhandenen Fehlermeldungen in der tm.log, sondern es sind die Cultivation-Dateien von IZOJUB, bei denen die TOC-Dateien eine unglaublich hohe Dateigröße haben (z. B. Aosta mit über 1,3 GB). Solche Dateigrößen finde ich sonst bei keinen TOC-Dateien in anderen Szenerien. Da ich von der Szenerie und der Cultivation-Abdeckung her mir nicht vorstellen kann, dass eine solche Dateigröße stimmig ist, frage ich mich, wo hier ein Fehler liegen könnte? :/

Klar ist mir, dass sich die Ladezeit mit steigender Zahl an 3D-Objekten etwas verlängert. Aber nicht von ca. 20 sec. auf nunmehr 5 Min....

Ich möchte hier gern einmal die Frage nach der Ladezeitdauer für den AF 2 thematisieren und hoffe auf Erleuchtung durch die Profis unter uns:

Als ich lediglich IPACS-Switzerland in Betrieb hatte, war die Ladezeit beim Aufrufen des AF2 sehr kurz (ca. 5 sec.). Mit den im Laufe der letzten Monate entstandenen diversen detaillierten Szenerie-Addons für dieses Gebiet wurde die Ladedauer meinem Eindruck nach etwas länger. Deutlich länger wurde sie nach dem Installieren von Trespassers French-Border-Images - und jetzt sind es nach dem Installieren von Schnuffelduffels Italien so ziemlich 5 Minuten, bis bella italia erscheint. Andere Szenerien, die ich zwischenzeitlich genutzt hatte, habe ich nun wieder gelöscht. Aber die lange Ladezeit ist trotzdem geblieben. Mich verwundert das, weil ich bislang davon ausgehe, dass die Ladezeit nicht von der Größe der Szeneriedaten abhängig sein kann. Denn es werden doch nur die für den vorgesehenen Start nötigen Daten geladen - ganz egal, wieviele Szenerien drumherum vorhanden sind. Die framerate wird nicht beeinflusst (bei mir ca. 60 mit einer Geforce 1050 Ti und einer SSD-Festplatte für die Daten).

Wer kann hier weiterhelfen? Wie kann ich die Ladezeit wieder verkürzen? Kann es sein, dass trotz des Löschens von Szenerie-Dateien irgendwelche "Reste" den AF 2 ausbremsen? Wenn ja, wo und wie finde ich die? :/

I think, that both - IZOJUB and Schnuffelduffel - should get a price cup as an award from IPACS and the Aerofly-Community for their uncredible engagement/commitment for the AF 2, also some others like Michael Basler, the admins of flightsim and the creators of some very fine airports and sceneries… . :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I admit, that I've been a little bit impatient too, but I think, we should have great respect to Schnuffelduffels project. It's not necessary to critizise missing areas in the moment. He told us, that he will complete them later, and that's absolutly o.k.. I'm very impressed by his wonderful italy...

Vielen, vielen Dank für dieses unglaublich aufwändige Projekt! Ich bin gespannt auf die ersten Entdeckungsflüge... .

Leider, leider hat IZ0JUB ausgerechnet jetzt seine Cultivation-Dateien vom Netz genommen. Schade! :/ Hoffentlich stellt er sie uns ganz schnell wieder zur Verfügung. Vielleicht kannst Du ihn davon überzeugen...

I met Santa Claus and I have great news. As you know, Santa Claus is a master of photo-scenery creation and his "Bella Italia" was really good. But since he is never satisfied, he is currently in the process of making some parts of Italy even more realistic. I saw a few sample pictures and they look really fantastic. :love:

So, be patient a little longer and you will be rewarded with a beautiful Italy scenery. In terms of time to completion, there is already light at the end of the tunnel and no, it's not an oncoming train, it's Italy. ;)

Dear Schnuffelduffel, please send us a sign of life! Is there any hope, that we really get a "bella italia", or is it better to think about another possibility? Italia would be a fantastic addition to the scenery of Switzerland. In addition with Austria, France and Bavaria we would enjoy a fantastic area for flying.

I know, that means a lot of work und knowledge, and I appreciate your plan, to create us Italy for chrismas 2019. I also understand, that you are never satisfied, but - I do myselve a creative job in the music-business - sometime there is a point to decide, that something is good enough für publishing... . ;):?:

Hopefull, your Heideflieger!