Posts by Trespassers

The standard FS2 Cessna 172SP should do nicely. It is easy to fly and the view down is not obstructed by the wing.

...but the lateral views are obstructed by the wing and the low door...

Better get the low-wing Robin DR400 or the PA-28 for great visibility outside, or should you prefer a high wing model I would strongly recommend the lovely PA-11 Cub Special and fly open door...

Cheers

Antoine

Well, I'm not sure what a supercarrier is supposed to be compared to an aircraft carrier, but if you're expecting animations to interact with the situation (e.g. marshaller that actually leads you, carrier maneuvering into wind, etc.) the answer is unfortunately no.

Of course you can create animations of all this, but they're continuously playing "blind", there's no AI in AFS2, not even condition-based events.

For instance, you cannot even get a simple windsock to turn with the wind, despite this is the real minimal equipment for any aerodrome after a landing strip.

Cheers

Antoine

Hello, c’est vrai qu’on est resté silencieux, le développement a pris plus de temps qu’initialement prévu, d’une part plusieurs AD ont bien changé depuis leur modélisation initiale datant quand même de FS9, donc il a fallu reprendre pas mal de choses, d’autre part la technique initialement prévue donnait un résultat peu satisfaisant sur certaines plateformes que nous avons alors reprises différemment.

Mais la gestation arrive gentiment à son terme ! On devrait bientôt être en mesure de mettre les AD à disposition.

A+

Antoine

Ok, then for the DR400 it's "merely" about assigning this control to the starter button. But it will need to be different for instance with the PA28 or C172 that are started with the key.

There's no equivalent to the magic shortcut CTRL+E in FS that will start any engine whatever the aircraft.

Cheers

Antoine

Good analogy with the chef. We don't want to run into the restaurant and tell everyone while the food is burning to a crisp :)

Well, if you really like the analogy with the chef, I must admit I don't know many restaurants where customers simply sit for many hours calmly waiting for their order, and waiters keeps telling the chef is at work, he's working hard at big dishes (despite you've seen nothing but a green salad coming from the kitchen now for 3 hours) and please stop asking : we won't tell whether your meal is being prepared or not and if so, when you can expect to be served, because your meal will only be served when the chef is happy with it... ;)

Deleting negative Trip Advisor reports won't prevent customers from starving.

This thread simply shows there's fortunately enough still a bunch of customers - including me - waiting, each one expecting a different dish.

In a real restaurant, people would have left for long, especially when a new place is opening in the same street...

Cheers

Antoine

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're aiming to do, but on the DR400 the starter is not activated by the magnetos key. There's a dedicated starter press button, so that's this one you should affect to your button.

I tried a couple of times assigning the magnetos key in AFS2 to my Saitek Panels magnetos knob, but despite of IPACS claims for full support of Saitek moduels in their advertising, there's no way I could achieve that simple mapping...

Cheers

Antoine

Bonjour,

Je n'ai pas le souvenir que c'eut été le cas avant, mais aujourd'hui, plus de textures au sol en survolant Paris...

J'ai tous les objets 3d, mais plus de texture de base, on dirait une immense inondation..

Tous mes réglages au max (I5 9600K + 1080Ti et 32 Gb de RAM)

Une idée ? (ps, comment faire un screenshot?) si je fais un printscreen, j'ai juste l'écran de chargement

Hello, ça fonctionne sans problème chez moi. Si vous avez la version Steam, vous pouvez lancer une vérification des fichiers pour réparer votre installation.

Salutations

Antoine

I’d choose the PA28 Arrow, you get more and they’re excellent quality.

I tend to think the Tomahawk or C152 are especially interesting if you fly one for real and want to feel home. Otherwise they’re not necessarily the funniest to fly.

I must admit I’m not fond of Cessnas IRL and the only C152 I’ve seated in was probably the worst of them all. There have been airframes made of corrugated sheets, but what about bumpy, dented sheet structure?

Seating at the controls made me feel like the worst of the 1950’s in terms of confort and natural position. Once airborne, you have to apply a large deviation on the yoke and wait for something to happen... but if you’re a little bit high on the slope you just cut throttle and fall like a stone thanks to the agricultural aerodynamics.

The PA28 if very “American-style” aircraft, not very agile and reactive either, but once seated at the controls (I hate that right door-only entry) you’re comfy, the aircraft is easy to setup and trim for a smooth ride, a very good travel machine, you feel like driving a truck...

Cheers

Antoine

It also depends on your size and on the seats conditions.

I’m tall so I have to slide the seat to the rear stop.

One of our Robins was recently refurbished and with the new seats I have much less room, I don’t sink anymore as deep as previously into the seats...

Anyway if you select the AFS2 DR400 and look down while sitting at the controls, the legs and knees position of the featured pilot are quite accurate. What is less accurate are the bottom and back sitting positions of the pilot.

Cheers

Antoine

Great job Thomas !

So, manually editing the text-format TGI generated by MCX is a free and quite easy workaround for people who have no access to 3DSMax.

Anyway, out of interest I made a test; the __noshadow is not needed (anymore?) if you want to have both removed.

So,

__nocollision -> No shadow, no crash

__noshadow -> No shadow, but collison

No tag -> Shadow + collision

Interesting! I'd guess this is due to the [ground_object_atc] argument that causes AFS2 to use a different shader for uniform diffuse lightning => a planar grass surface gets the same light whatever the plane orientation, thus no shadow casting.

CORRECTION : Looking at Thomas' pictures in posts #1 an #3 my guess is obviously wrong : despite uniform, diffuse lighting on grass the sun still casts a shadow...

Cheers

Antoine

Hello,

You can change the name of the object in the .tgi file generated by Model ConverterX.

Simply edit it with notepad++ or a similar text editor before converting to .tmd

That's a good point indeed, since MCX exports text-format TGI's. You may also want to try renaming in the dae file, that's also in text format.

3DSMax on the opposite exports binary TGI's that cannot be explored with Notepad++

Cheers

Antoine

I haven't tried via Sktechup, only with 3DSMax and here's how it worked.

Example for a patch of grass.

1) in 3DSMax, rename each sub-object with the __nocollision__noshadow suffix =>

In my example, Grass_Short_Medium is 1 single plane of grass like yours.

In a scenery I would repeat it at several places :

Grass_Short_Medium__nocollision__noshadow_001

Grass_Short_Medium__nocollision__noshadow_002

Grass_Short_Medium__nocollision__noshadow_003

2) still in 3DSMax, group them all as a single object (in my example yverdon_Grass_obj), no more need for the __nocollision__noshadow suffix :

With several patches of grass the group would look like that:

yverdon_Grass_obj

-> Grass_Short_Medium__nocollision__noshadow_001

-> Grass_Short_Medium__nocollision__noshadow_002

-> Grass_Short_Medium__nocollision__noshadow_003

3) select yverdon_Grass_obj and proceed with export selected to export in your work folder as yverdon_grass.tgi

4) edit the conversion tsc file to reflect this and lauch the converter

Code
    <[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][0]
        <[string8][type][object]>
        <[string8][geometry][yverdon_grass]>
        <[vector3_float64][position][6.616438 46.764901 0]>
        <[float64][orientation][0]>
        <[int32][autoheight_override][-1]>
    >

5) launch the converter and test in AFS2

That's the way I think I did it, but it's a very long time ago.

As far as I remember, the object_transparent_atc type if for using a different shader so that grass looks more uniform.

I think the __nocollision or __ noshadow tags must be given before exporting to TGI

As you can see, there was no more mention of these tags in the TGI and texture files, and thus no mention either in the resulting TMB file, so it apparently has to do with how the TGI is being generated.

There, I'm not sure the TGI exporter of MCX can handle it...

In case you have AC3D, you may try the same as in 3DSMax.

Cheers

Antoine

Cheers

Antoine

Hi Psionmark,

Nice idea, and thank you for sharing.

I'm not sure what the size criteria is meant for, I'd suggest instead the main runway type and size, but that's for sure more work to fill in.

Regarding details : there's a typo at Grenchen and you forgot several Swiss places like LSGY Yverdon-les-Bains, LSGB Bex, LSGN Neuchâtel, ... ;)

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Antoine