Posts by Trespassers

Désolé de te dire Antoine, Vulkan ne réagi pas chez moi, tout au moins la souris qui ne réagi plus? GTX 880, et 8 Go de ram, peut'être que ma carte est trop ancienne, et mon dernier pilote qui à été mis à jour est 425.31

Salutations

Pascal

J'ai 8Go de VRAM.

Sur les menus, la souris réagissait extrêmement lentement avec Vulkan jusqu'à la dernière mise à jour du pilote graphique. Depuis ça réagit normalement.

Mais encore une fois, ça n'a rien à voir avec une scène ou un avion, c'est le comportement d'AFS2 sous Vulkan.

Avec mon matériel, j'ai des performances très similaires avec OpenGL et Vulkan, donc si Open GL est plus stable et que vous n'avez pas non plus de différence significative de performances entre les deux API, je ne peux que conseiller Open GL...

A+

Antoine

Hi, yes--that is what i mean.

"nocolision" in TSC File where are the objects?

....umpf.....120 Objects renamed?!?=O

regards

uli

__nocollision must be added to the object name itself (do not forget the double underscore)

Why do you want to apply this to 120 files ?? __nocollision must be a rather exceptional feature for things like grass on which you want your aircraft to roll free.

For most other objects it should be avoided...

Cheers

Antoine

Hi Uli,

I'm not sure to understand the question, but if you're talking about "no collision" switch for objects that would do the trick :

Sorry for the late reply. We have two 'hacks' for this. If you name the objects with the following words in it

"__nocollision"
    "__noshadow"

The objects will not cast shadows and will not be used for collision detection. This is probably what you want for gras stuff.

Cheers

Antoine

Also important to note, that animations path constraint reacts to the terrain heightmaps. So if you have an aircraft flying over rough terrain, you will see the aircraft rapidly go up and down. Flight animations in mountain areas, not so great. (Unless there is a workaround?) Once existing Left and Right patterns, touch and goes are created, then yes Trespassers it's only a matter of tsc rotation and coordinate adjustments.

You're right ! the 3rd issue I had was I tried setting absolute altitude instead of relative, or giving an offset to a relative altitude, but it didn't work...

I had so many parallel projects that I left these animations for later... don't know when.

(...)The transparenz System is as follow.

Normal Bitmap has 24 Bit RGB Color.

Transparenz with Alpha Channel Bitmaps, also 24 Bit.

When the Object has the Opac Colors and are not define in TSC, the wall or other Parts shinnig complete through.

(...)

Hi Uli,

Thank you for your input. It's not exactly the case : adding an alpha channel to a 24 bits bmp makes it a 32 bits bmp. Otherwise, if you save it as a 24-bit image you just loose your alpha channel.

The graphical engine of AFS2 unfortunately has a big flaw with partially-transparent 32bit textures, causing erratic transparency effects.

For standard objects a simple workaround is to define your object as 'object_binary_alpha' instead of 'object', AFS2 uses then a different shader allowing correct transparencies, despite I think the alpha mask is digital (totally transparent or totally opaque).

Otherwise, the "standard" workaround is to remap textures on your object use different textures for surfaces having transparency effects and surfaces without any transparency.

For instance, for an aircraft you'd use 24-bit textures for the fusleage and wings and 32-bit textures with alpha channel for the canopy and rotating propeller.

This unfortuately requests to manually rework objects you import from FSX/P3D.

Xref objects don't have the object_binary_alpha switch, thus the "standard" workaround must be applied and then there's no more issue.

Animated objects, however, seem to ingore transparencies, even after applying the "standard" workaround...

Cheers

Antoine

Hi Brunobellic,

Very nice tutorial, thanks a lot, I was using pretty much the same methods except I tend to first complete the object to animate with proper scaling, floor sitting and textures naming before to start animating.

So far I've been facing 2 issues I haven't yet overcome :

1) alpha transparencies don't show up properly on animated objects (e.g. rotating prop, canopy)

2) aircraft model must bank in traffic pattern turns. This is sure possible, but I haven't tried it out yet.

So I decided not to delay the IDF Paris pack and if I find a handy solution to my issues I could release a small add-on feature.

BTW once these issues are mastered; I think it must be possible to create a set of standard left hand and right hand traffic patterns that can be just called on any runway in AFS2 by just adjusting placement and orientation...

Cheers

Antoine

Hi, now I’ve got another problem with this converter, when I click the “here” Link it says that “The requested URL was not found on this server” could anyone help me here?

It is sending me to this link: https://dl1.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/r…fwConverter.rar

Despite what's writen you don't need inf2tfw .

You don't need TFW files either

What geoconvert needs is the source image (BMP, PNG, TIF or JPG) and the corresponding AID definition file.

If you grab the source images from FSET, then you get an INF file with it the Geoconvert is able to convert by itself into AID file.

You may want to have a look at my Geoconvert tool reference guide for more information

Cheers

Antoine

Il faut effectivement peindre la mer avec une teinte qui se fonde avec le grand large => ne pas se limiter aux traits de côte, mais prolonger la couverture assez au large. En d'autres termes, on fait un dégradé le long des côtes avec le fond marin et une teinte unie avec laquelle ont va peindre l'eau jusqu'aux extrémités de la scène.

Je l'ai fait pour les Antilles, le meilleur compromis de couleur que j'aie trouvé était R0G11B24, mais ça va dépendre de la couleur locale de la mer...

A+

Antoine

Hi Uli,

Unfortunately, to flatten the ground, you'll need 2 things :

1) vertices of your TGI must be weighed => painted red or black (as per wiki tuto), depending on parts of the ground polygon that must be visible (textured airport mesh) or transparent (i.e. smoothing of the base photo ground)

2) your TGI must be defined as GROUND instead of OBJECT in the TSC file before compilation, which MCX doens't allow yet

Regarding Point 1)

Sketchup doesn't allow vertices weighing.

There are AC3D tutos for airport ground polygon design, I haven't checked them yet but I think AC3D also doesn't allow vertices weighing.

If it's the case, then probably by default your textured ground polygon would be visible, which is an acceptable workaround.

=> To be tested !

Regarding Point 2)

You have to convert your TGI into TMB using the IPACS SDK converter instead of directly through MCX. To do this you'll need :

- the TGI file with it's original textures,

- a TSC input file

- a TMC configuration file (standard file you can take from SDK examples)

Fortunately enough you can simply reuse the TSC file you got from MCX as an input TSC file for the Converter, just make your ground polygon is defined as GROUND, as per code below.

Code
            <[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][]
                <[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][0]
                    <[string8][type][ground]>
                    <[string8][geometry][lfpq_rwy]>
                    <[vector3_float64][position][2.90321230888367 48.7064078450203 0]>
                    <[float64][orientation][0]>
                    <[int32][autoheight_override][1]>
                >
            >

Let's see if it works without painting the vertices in red/black

Good luck

Antoine

This gives a good insight of the hazards with an emergency landing on a highway.

If the wide straight road makes it very convenient, you have plenty of bridges, little visible powerlines crossing the highway, lights, road signs...

But above all, and despite of a rather medium density of traffic, people in cars are totally unconscious of what's happening and what could have happened after touchdown.

First of all, the guy who is filming is far enough to have spotted the aircraft quite early, but the plane has probably been out of the field of view for most drivers ahead until abruptly dropping from the sky and touching down, while the pilot has nearly zero view of cars below or behind him.

Then, no ones seems to give a sh...t, they don't even slow down or try to get out of the path despite a wingtip could have collided anything or a gear leg collapse or whatever causing a sudden loss of control of the aircraft. Instead you could almost hear some of them yell "hey ! don't land right in front of me! I was first, get out of my path you %&*@!!!"

They only brake when forced to, make a hook to pass the aircraft and resume their cruise without wondering if anyone might need assistance.

Cheers

Antoine