Posts by Trespassers

You say it is recognized in the joystick page, but does it move there ? Do you see the slides moving when you rotate your head ?

If yes, then the TrackIR is working normally in AFS2 and should also work normally when sitting in your aircraft (Track IR doesn't rotate all external views though).

If the slides don't move in the joystick menu, I'd advise exiting AFS2, then killing + rebooting the Track IR application and check there that it works, including your recentering keys.

Then only restart AFS2.

Good luck

Cheers

Antoine

Hi guys,

Nearly 1 year now the since Cub Special was released for free for AFS2 and I felt the urge to write a big THANK YOU again for that lovely aircraft.

Now that I can spend a little bit more time flying in AFS2, I must say she's a real pleasure to fly low and slow with open windows and go discovering sceneries - it just makes our playground even bigger and more enjoyable.

I have 2 remarks :

1) I've not been able to switch on the COM radio. There's a switch on top that seem to work with the mouse wheel, but the radio in my Cub keeps shut off.

Note : I have Saitek Switch panels and there the COM/NAV all keep dark too. I tried all the switches from the panel (couldn't find any other switch in the aircraft) but to no avail. Maybe there's a link anyway.

2) there's a flaw in the pilots feet animation with rudder pedals. Rudder pedals animation seems correct, but the feet don't match, instead the feet motion corresponds to symmetrical toe braking when applying left rudder.

Not a big issue, just odd looking when everything otherwise looks so perfect.

Anyway, thank you for that little gem!

2637-14512c6c.jpg

Cheers

Antoine

Night rendering of Paris "intra muros" city is quite bad : streets are fully dark (no night textures ?) and building sides very dark too despite the roofs are some times very clear (in relation).

As already stated, this is the current standard in AFS2 : night mode is featured by cultivation light dots that only look quite good in the far distance (actually too strong in the distance and too weak in the near distance).

This implied some deliberate choices when defining the scope of this scenery :

- (...)

- night is only featured by cultivation dot lights and 3D objects night textures. A real, more convincing night environment would require a very specific and quite heavy development we discarded from the scope of the project. Now that the scenery is released, we have in mind to investigate night environment development.

Cheers

Antoine

For those of you who want a more detailed Eiffel tower for FranceVFR's Paris Ile-de-France there's a free patch on flightsim.org,

It also adds Court n°1 at Roland Garros facility.

Installation:

1) extract the archive

2) save a backup of file 3dp_monuments.tsc in scenery's \places\monuments

3) place the file 3dp_monuments.tsc from current archive into scenery's \places\monuments (overwrite)

4) lauch AFS2 and enjoy the new Eiffel tower

Deinstall:

1) replace the backup file 3dp_monuments.tsc into scenery's \places\monuments (overwrite)

NOTE: this patch is not related to France VFR and cannot be sold.

Enjoy!

Got 45/60 fps without optimisation in daylight, that's why...

Lights cost a lot of resources even by daylight.

Reducing shadows to ultra (if you set insane) saves a lot of resources too.

In the beginning of a flight it may happen that the FPS temporarily drop while AFS2 loads stuff, depending also on the drive speed.

But after 5-10 seconds it’s done and with my nowadays quite average config I keep a very comfortable 80+ fps over the most complex and dense places of the scenery, and it rises well above 150 otherwise.

What config/settings do you have to get so low fps ? The graphic card plays a big role...

Cheers

Antoine

Well, talking about gaining FPS (well, with 100+ FPS I’m not sure there’s a point discussing) the night cultivation lights tend to cost quite a lot of resources.

You may want to deactivate them by adding a double underscore __ before the idf_lights folder name in \places.

E.g. idf_lights becomes __idf_lights

You can revert by simply removing the double underscore.

Cheers

Antoine

Thank you all for your feedback. We’ve opened a new, dedicated thread for bug reporting, please report there your issues.

Just a word regarding flimmeting, most of the times they’re caused by shadows fighting. We have no big influence on it.

It may happen a 3D object has flimmering, usually in case of double entries.

Whenever it’s the case, please post a snapshot with coordinates in the bug report thread and outline the flimmering object since the flimmering usually cannot be seen on the screenshot.

Thanks in advance and we wish you a lot of fun with this scenery and the amazing AFS2.

Cheers

Antoine

Please report in this thread your issues with France VFR Paris IDF scenery, be assured we’ll follow carefully and do our best to fix bugs.

When you notice a visual issue, please post a screen of it including the coordinates. When in flight you may jump to the slew mode (CTRL+F8) for better viewing and pointing to the flaw and take snapshots.

As already stated this first scenery is a demonstrator to see live how IPACS Aerofly FS2 copes with FranceVFR’s 3DAutomation technology.

In order not to delay further this demonstrator and keep what we think an attractive price we focused for this opus on what AFS2 does the best in our opinion : smooth and sharp day flight with loads of details.

This implied some deliberate choices when defining the scope of this scenery :

- few but highly detailed airports, leaving room for potential additional airports in a second phase

- night is only featured by cultivation dot lights and 3D objects night textures. A real, more convincing night environment would require a very specific and quite heavy development we discarded from the scope of the project. Now that the scenery is released, we have in mind to investigate night environment development.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers

Antoine

So If I understand correctly the Aerofly scenery will have less than 4 times less polygons than the above screenshot under FSX.

Not exactly, since the FSX test screenshot only covers intramuros while the AFS2 scenery covers Ile-de-France, with much much more features.

This more detailed source was also initially tried out in AFS2, it ran quite smoothly, but not knowing how users’ systems would handle the final scenery when we load everything we went for the same sources as in the FSX/P3D scenery, with the less detailed (though still very detailed) source.

Some places of the AFS2 scenery locally use the more detailed source, let’s see if you find them when the scenery is available ;)

Cheers

Antoine

5 Minuten darf nicht sein ! Viele Szenen haben Fehlende Referenzen, die Ladezeit kosten, da AFS2 scheinbar nach Dateien sucht und sucht.

Ich habe aber mehrmals erwähnt, dass Cultivation in solchen Riesen-Dateien zusammenfassen ziemlich ungünstig war : Cultivation sollte man lieber in Grid Level 10 Kacheln unterteilen...

Gruss

Antoine

You say you can't load 2 aircraft but we do have statics and now we have flying statics using animation, so is there scope for a cheap and cheerful multiplayer?

I was thinking exactly the same : no need for 2 parallel flight models, you just display the traffic as an object. But just updating the static position with received data is not enough : you need a soft extrapolation after last-received point due to communication lags. I think GPS display work quite the same...

Cheers

Antoine