Posts by lionheart

Im sorry Antoine, I was going to check this myself, but I fear I might break mine. I downloaded the SDK over a week ago. I might have the same version as you. This is my build window. I wanted to see if mine still can build the DR400 and it can.

Version 1.0.7 / Build 1084 / Feb 14 Edition Aircraft Converter.

If you run the Aircraft Converter again, can you screenshot or note which version Converter you have, upper top right of blue GUID of the Converter.

Nothing.

The Cessna exports fine. The same thing happens with my own plane. Will not create the repaint. The Preview seems to be the crash point.

Could it be that when it attempts to render the Preview, that it is only looking (for the model) in the primary sim folder and not also in the 'My Documents....aircraft' location? Maybe I found a hole. Note that I created this plane, so it resides in the My Documents area. Maybe the converter presently only can look for airplane models in the primary sim folder? In my case, its on Mars...

I never learned the layers and flattening and such. I have Photoshop CS but I only use it to open the psd and save it as a bmp so I can work with the bmps. They look fine to me.

Once I have a more or less completed bmp I can use a global change of color from one to another. It makes it real easy to get a red, blue, gold, gray version.

Regards,

Ray

Ray,

I was the same way with Layers. I used to collapse my stacks! Oh man... If only I had known how brilliant Layers are.

Now, when I am making liveries for a plane, I can copy/paste a texture folder, open a PSD, turn off the Stripes (Layer), create a new layer with shortcut, or clone the layer of stripes and go into colors and change it (Control/U). I can go to certain layers and select the outlines, then create a fresh Layer and 'fill' then chisel out certain area's with selection shapes to create new paint schemes. I can add/delete/move around N numbers. I can make an N number and then clone 5 copies, change the font in each one and pick the one I want the most and turn off or delete the other layers, then burn a BMP off of it. Done.

A thing to remember, which I needed to know at the time, but didnt, was that the layers are seen from the top down. So you must move some layers (mouse drag them up and down in the stack) so that they can be seen properly. Its like the old cartoons long ago. The backgrounds were always on the bottom. And you can hide things, like templates. And its all stored in the PSD, and you just burn a Bitmap (or DDS) off of it and youre done. All is still saved on the master PSD file.

Layers are the best thing that happened to me since Photoshop. You should try it.

Awesome paint schemes on the Lears....

So tonight, I was trying to export a repaint of my plane into its folder and it wouldnt go. I tried taking out the various textures and parts of the plane from the primary folder, leaving in the 'model.tmc', and I have all my repaint textures ready, and I hit go, and it says this....

Any idea what might cause this?

I did check the config.tmc in the Aircraft Converter folder in My Documents..... and its all proper. I also know it is right as I had exported my plane fine, and also exported scenery fine. So I know the route is proper on the config.

Config.tmc: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

<[file][][]
    <[convert_aircraft_settings][][]
    <[bool][ExportGeometryTextFile][false]>
    <[string8][IntermediateFolder][]>
    <[string8][UserFolder][C:/Users/Lionheart/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/]>
    <[string8][DesktopFolder][F:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Take On Mars/steamapps/common/Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator/]>
    <[string8][MobileFolder][]>
    <[string8][IOSFolder][]>
    <[string8][AndroidFolder][]>
    >
    >

** Errors in the tm_aircraft_converter.log which is odd because the plane exported fine//////////////////////////////////////

0.00-tmmodule: init modules=(tmsystimer=ok) (tmrandom=3867262826) ERROR: (error loading magnetic field (0 0))
    Magnetic field?
    3.42-tmxgl: ERROR: (geometry 'objects/pointlight/pointlight_sphere.tmb' not found)
    3.43-tmxgl: ERROR: failed to load texture 'texture/sb_oc_color'
    3.44-tmscene: shadowmap = 2048x2048 sp=8
    3.44-tmsyssound: ERROR: (wav loading (sound/crash-ground.tsb) not supported)
    3.44-tmsyssound: ERROR: (wav loading (sound/crash-water.tsb) not supported)
    3.44-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: tmd file 'F:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Take On Mars/steamapps/common/Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator/aircraft/b40/b40.tmd' not found. unable to load model.
    48.18-tmsyswin: render thread exited
    48.18-tmsyssound: shutting down... done

** It doesnt make sense that it would have issues as I compiled the plane fine. I wonder if my new TMD that isnt perfect is crashing the converter... :S

There should be a TM log in the dr400 folder in the aircraft_workshop. Can you paste it here? Lets see what it says...

Also, have you deleted the older Robin files from the My Documents......aircraft/dr400 folder? If you delete them, then redo the project, you will (re-convert), then all parts are fresh and new, otherwise already made parts are not re-created. If you havent tried that, you might try it. If you want to keep the files, you can rename the folder, another will be created that is proper and filled with the files.

Hey all,

Can someone explain the process of getting a plane to sit on the Tarmac?

In Flight Simulator X, you have 'contact points', measured in feet from datum or CG. You could assign them a light to check their locations, or drive around in dirt and the puffs of dust would show your coordinates. (yes... it was a basic process, lol). But thats how we did it. Z, X, Y. Z was forward, X was cross ways, Z was up/down.

How do you do this in Aerofly?

I note the following for 'right gear' blocks in the Extra 330 TMD:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// BEGIN

// right main gear
    <[string8][object][rigidbody]
    <[string8][Name][RightGear]>
    <[float64][Mass][12.75]>
    <[tmvector3d][InertiaLength][0.26 0.5 0.26]>
    <[tmvector3d][R0][0.3 -0.68 -0.87]>
    <[tmmatrix3d][B0][1.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.500000 0.866025 0.000000 -0.866025 0.500000]>
    >
    <[string8][object][jointmulti]
    <[string8][Name][JointFuselageRightGear]>
    <[string8][Body0][Fuselage]>
    <[string8][Body1][RightGear]>
    <[tmvector3d][Position][0.26 -0.45 -0.62]>
    <[tmvector3d][Axis][1.0 0.0 0.0]>
    <[float64][Kp][45000.0]>
    <[float64][Kd][1300.0]>
    <[float64][ZeroPosition][-0.02]>
    <[uint32][Type][0]>
    >
    <[string8][object][collisionhull]
    <[string8][Name][CollisionRightGear]>
    <[string8][Body][RightGear]>
    <[string8][Geometry][RightGear]>
    <[float64][K][500000.0]>
    <[float64][D][750.0]>
    <[float64][StaticFrictionCoefficient][2.0]>
    <[float64][KineticFrictionCoefficient][0.7]>
    <[bool][Blade][false]>
    >
    <[string8][object][wheelhull2]
    <[string8][Name][RightWheelHull]>
    <[string8][Body][RightGear]>
    <[tmvector3d][R0][ 0.440210 -0.949970 -1.196980]>
    <[tmvector3d][X0][ 1.000000 -0.00000 0.000000]>
    <[float64][Radius][0.155000]>
    <[float64][K][300000.0]>
    <[float64][D][1500.0]>
    <[float64][RollingFrictionCoefficient][0.02]>
    <[string8][BrakeControl][ServoRightBrake.Output]>
    <[float64][BrakeCoefficient][1.0]>
    <[float64][CorneringFactor][1.0]>
    >
    <[string8][object][output]
    <[string8][Name][GroundRollSpeedRight]>
    <[string8][Input][RightWheelHull.Speed]>
    >
    <[string8][object][output]
    <[string8][Name][GroundRollLoadRight]>
    <[string8][Input][RightWheelHull.Load]>
    >

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// END

* Which of these would be the tire contact point? Or, is that located somewhere else?
    * Is it measured in Meters?

Yep... This happened with me. I have to put things in alternate drives as my C: drive is full. This wreaked havoc on the airport converter as it has a tag in the BAT that refers to the default location. Changing that to the proper location fixes it and it exports fine.

I remember FSX (FSX, not P3D) had a program that would 'setup' the SDK installation. You installed the SDK, then you clicked on this 'final setup' or something to that effect. It would synchronize all the various systems so they were talking to each other.

But being able to just make adjustments should be fine, I would think. People just need to know about that factor.

...I have imported my MB326 and T45 models... and set a couple of animations. Lot of work to do, and no time...still they look good.
    I am having some problems with the materials rendering - diffuse maps look OK - but the rest seem non existent.

Nice work, Dino!

Just trying to get a TMD running presently now.
    Animations are a whole new world here. :S I do not know how I am going to do a gear door that opens, waits, then closes.

Looks awesome in the sim, man! Congrats!

I used to be able to cheat, getting parts to animate and 'fit' by making slight changes to their trajectories when animating. I do not think this can happen here.

I just did a screenshare with Jan/JetPack and we found the issue.

The BAT file points the target location of the SDK to 'Program Files......' I have the SDK loaded on F: drive. Editing the BAT file to this string location fixed it.

"F:\Aerofly SDK\Aerofly FS 2 Content Converter\aerofly_fs_2_content_converter.exe" content_converter_config.tmc

Kingman has been converted and exported! Ureka!

Many thanks everyone for your input and help on this. Massively appreciated.

My C: drive is full, so I have to put SDK's and things on alternate drives.

Ok... I googled how to do that, lol. I did find that the reference pathway for the converter in the BAT file was wrong. It says that the converter is in 'Program Files.....' location. I loaded my SDK on F:Aerofly SDK drive. I repaired the BAT file, and it is still not working. When I execute the BAT, there is a 1/2 second (or shorter) appearance of a DOS window, and it is gone that quickly. The TM.log hasnt changed in the Kingman folder.
    I have checked the 'content converter' folder and I now have a TM.log in there. This is it;

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

0.00: (2 modules) (tmsystimer,1) (tmsyssound,20)
    0.00: init modules=(tmsystimer=ok) (tmsyssound=(default=Generic Software) (0:Generic Software) (version=1.1) (1.1)) done
    0.10:
    0.10: // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0.10: // Aerofly FS 2 Content Converter version 1.1.3
    0.10: //
    0.10: // Copyright (C) 1998-2017 IPACS all rights reserved
    0.10: // https://www.aerofly.com/www.aerofly.com
    0.10: // you are not allowed to distribute this software except with the permission
    0.10: // of ipacs
    0.10: // the software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or
    0.11: // implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability,
    0.11: // fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of third party rights.
    0.11: // in no event shall the copyright holder or holders included in this notice be
    0.11: // liable for any claim, or any special indirect or consequential damages, or
    0.11: // any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether
    0.11: // in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out
    0.11: // of or in connection with the use or performance of this software.
    0.11: // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0.11:
    0.11: ERROR: (config file 'content_converter_config.tmc' not found)
    0.11:
    0.11: // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0.11: // SUMMARY
    0.11: 0 files copied
    0.11: 0 textures copied
    0.11: 0 sounds converted
    0.11: 0 geometries converted
    0.11: 1 errors

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////// END

There 'is' a config file 'content_converter_config.tmc' as I can right click it and try running it, but again, nothing happens. A flash of the DOS window and done.

Here is the config file 'content_converter_config.tmc'

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

<[file][][]
    <[tm_config][][]

<[string8][base_output_folder][]> // if this is empty it defaults to "C:/Users/USERNAME/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/"
    <[string8][texture_base_type][ttx_dxt]>

<[list_tm_config_folderpair][folder_pairs][]

<[tm_config_folderpair][element][1]
    <[string8][input_folder][./]>
    <[string8][output_folder][scenery/places/kigm_kingman/]>
    <[string8][type][place]>
    <[uint32][recurse_level][0]>
    <[list_string8][file_types][tsc tgi jpg bmp tif png ]>
    <[list_tm_texture_settings][texture_settings][]
    <[tm_config_folderpair][element][0]
    <[list_string8][regex][.*]>
    <[bool][compressed][true]>