Posts by Mat

I would just like to put your focus once again on the runway elevation issue that has been reported: 35L THR elevation is 5435 ft (real world), that would fit very well in your terrain, but for some reason runway and taxiways have been positioned lower in the scenery. The other end of that very same runway is also too low, 17R THR elevation should be at 5378 ft, and is around 5360 ft. Trust your terrain data, at least for the U.S.!

And there is another detail: Runway 35L has the designator "33L" in the scenery (and only in the scenery, not the database), just have a look at the screenshot posted above. It is indeed "17R/33L" in the scenery... In case you're looking for some more careful testers, I volunteer...

Anyway - thank you very much for this beautiful and free add-on!

Dear IPACS-Team, thank you! I just like to confirm it's solved for me as well.

Here is just another new observation, I'm adding it to the same thread as it "feels" related and might be solved as quickly:
    The FPV (flight path vector) in the general HUD view is way off. It's somewhere around -25 deg, invisible most of the time. It looks good however in the F-18's HUD.

Aerofly FS2 was working very nicely with my setup (Saitek rudder, Warthog HOTAS), now updated after a week of absence, betas activated. Update included Jul 22 and Jul 27 updates.

Since that update it looks like some kind of faulty autorudder function is kicking in. I get a full rudder input immediately after lift-off, making some aircraft almost uncontrollable. My rudder is working on the ground, but unable to override that input in the air. To reproduce, just take off and try to fly a circle.

I did:
    - assure autopilot is off
    - check my controls, tested rudder on other flightsim
    - reset to default settings and re-entered control settings
    - removed all wind/weather (used higher wind setting before)
    - tested several aircraft
    - restarted aerofly FS2 several times

The behaviour is definitely new after that latest update. The description said:
    "- Fixed rudder assist / autorudder turned off "
    ...so that's my suspect. Does anybody have an idea how to turn on/off that rudder assist function? Or any other idea/help?

Kind regards