Posts by Hoinz

After flying the iPad version a little in the last days, i would like to add the following to my last post:

-there is a strange behavior with the 747 on take off. I can not reproduce it, but sometimes, after rotating, the plane starts to vibrate (view in the cockpit is shaking, wing flex on the outside view shows vibration too). Looks like flutter from the outside. The plane will not lift off und break at some point (crash is detected).

-please disconnect the movement of the steering column in the 747 cockpit from the actual accelerometer input. It's fine with the Airbus because you normally don't see the sidestick, but seeing every little accelerometer input makes the overall look off the cockpit very nervous. Maybe it is possible to only depict inputs that are consistent over a certain timeframe and/or exceed a certain value. Would be a general improvement for all planes, in real live you get punched by your instructor if you move the controls like that.

-check if the inner doors of the main gear bay on the Baron don't close when the gear is out. It looks like that on the pictures I find and they don't close in aerofly.

-the airliners need GPWS announcements really bad (especially on the last 50 feet!). Of course thats a larger to-do, but the ground effect makes perfect flaring really hard (and realistic!) so it would be a great addition to know "where" you are.

-regarding long-term development, i would like to point this out: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/umoove-…d731389410?mt=8

Of course thats an really early stage of head tracking on iOS devices, but it works pretty well. Maybe view control can be done this way at some point!

-UPDATE: Something is odd with the rudder slider. Sometimes it gets stuck when it has been in the total left or right position for a few second (getting the Airbus to the runway in Altenrhein without leaving the taxiway...). It will only return once it is touched again. Could be a feature, but doesn't come up every time.

Same problem here with the achievements. I don't need them anyway, it would be nice to make them optional to begin with. :(

Talking about clutter on the display: the method to control the autopilot via the flight informations is nice, but has a huge disadvantage: people who don't want the flight information (in my case because I want to declutter the already small display and stay with my normal instrument scan routine) have no autopilot. For user who switch the flight information off, a (optional!) return to the old input method would be nice.

I really want to congratulate IPACS on this Update for the iPad version of AeroflyFS. As I have written in my german review on the App store, you are now selling the by far best flight simulation for mobile devices, leaving Infinite Flight and X Plane far behind. You were making it really hard to believe that there would be an update someday, but now, given the quality of the already released products, it has never been so easy to spend 17€ on the App Store (obviously I am not the only one thinking this way - 24. place in revenue on the german App Store! You earned it!).

I want to especially emphasize the quality of the flight model of the A320. This is JUST AWESOME! Envelope Protection, Ground Effect...you really blew my mind on what to expect from a mobile simulation here. Again.

When you get back to development after fixing the few bugs (I don't have any so far, but updates of this size...) I would recommend that you get on Flight Planning and NavAids next. The Airbus, KingAir and Learjet are just crying for VOR Navigation and ILS Approaches! Your solution for entering values in the Autopilot (big buttons on the right side, actual values depicted in the corresponding part of the Virtual Cockpit* is working perfectly and should be extended for NAV/COM purposes.

*...at least in the Airbus. KingAir and Learjet could use a depiction of the values in the PFD.

After playing the iPad-Version of AeroflyFS for a while now, i'd like to thank IPACS for this awesome sim. Looking at the other available Flightsims for the platform I would not have thought that anything that comes so close to a Mac/PC game could be done at this point. The Sims runs incredibly well on my 3rd Gen. iPad and controlling the plane by accelerometer while touching the screen to look around in those beautiful cockpits works way better that I expected.

There are only a few things that could be improved in my opinion:

1. The upper part of the screen that shows the PFD or menu once tapped should be optional. The idea is great and the PFD is really helpful to stay level while looking around, but I would personally still like a reduced interface better.

2. The rudder-slider should be moved to the right side of the screen. Using throttle and rudder simultaneously during take-off doesn't work well right now. All control axises including throttle should be accessible at the same time.

3. The speed brake of the F-18 could be bound to the lower throttle/wheelbrake axis. Same with the Discus, although the demand of fast change between acceleration and deceleration is reduced. I have never flown a Discus bM in real life (only Duo Discus T) but newer Ventus M-Models definitely have adjustable throttles unlike the non-selflaunch capable Turbos. This is of course not a "real" issue, it would just add some realism to have a throttle axis.

4. The angle in which the wheels of the planes can be moved for taxiing appears really small - it could be alright for the Robin, but I don't think an F-18 made for carrier decks needs that much room to drive a circle.

That brings me to more complex suggestions:

Add more real competition to the Game Center Achievements. Take a look at F-Sims Shuttle sim. The game is (compared to Aerofly) not really complex, but it is really challenging to get up in the Game Center list. This is what makes it so popular among players. You can take your iOS-Device and make a 2 Minute approach without great preparation, just using fundamental skills and its still HARD.

Hitting a defined touch-down zone is a good start, but in Aerofly you can also do complex Aerobatic programs, Airraces and once adding other planes Glider-Towing, Dogfights, and Airracces with several planes. Don't be afraid of frustrating users, as long as its doable there will be several people who really spent time with your sim and get other people to buy it for everyone who fails and writes App Store Reviews with more spelling mistakes than this text right here.