Posts by mhab

Hello

Repaint 19 of the AS350 Écureuil is Mont Blanc Hélicoptères, registration F-HADE.
    Mont Blanc Hélicoptères base is in Annemasse, France.

I felt it is high time to add a french version to the repaints, given the fact that AS350 is originating from France. This repaint was quite a challenge. Take a look at all the elegant curves in the painting ... :p

See the Mont Blanc Helicopteres version in the Dolomites Euromeeting scenery.

This repaint will be part of #5 of AS350 repaint downloads which will come up some time in 2015 ...

Mike-DE

Hello

Repaint 18 of the AS350 Écureuil is Heli Bernina, registration HB-ZMU.
    Heli Bernina base is in Samedan in Switzerland.

See the impressive Heli Bernina version in the Californian Parker Mountain scenery.

This will be part #5 of AS350 repaint downloads which will come up some time in 2015 ...

Mike-DE

Hello

Repaint 17 of the AS350 Écureuil is Eli Friulia, registration I-ULYA.
    Eli Friulia base is in Ronchi dei Legionari in the north of Italy.

See the beautiful Eli Friulia version in the german Rottenburg scenery.

This will be part #5 of AS350 repaint downloads which will come up some time in 2015 ...

Mike-DE

Hello

I'm not sure how familiar you are with heli's. Anyhow you should first check if your RC radio is adjusted/configured well.
    If your stick movements are as expected and the selected Mode is as you are used to (what I mean by this is where throttle/pitch and the rest of the channels are assigend) then a lot is already fine.

I sometimes experience that my radio looses it's calibration, especially when I switch between aerofly and other sims and then I need to recalibrate it in the Windows settings for the joystick.

Some heli's however may have throttle curves which can result in what you see and in real model flying it is a recommended trick to mix some throttle with the aileron in order to compensate for the loss in upward momentum once you get out of horizontal hovering ...

Maybe these ideas can help in finding a solution ...

Mike-DE

Hello

I try to make a Bump-Map for the AS350 Heli. I read all docu about it, got the tools, etc...

First it seemed to me, that things should be quite strait-forward.
    I assumed that all I need to do is create a *_bump.bmp with the same name as the texture file *_color.bmp.
    The tool converts it to *_normal.ttx and fine.

As the texturing for the AS350 uses a fuselage_left_color.bmp and fuselage_right_color.bmp for left and right side texturing, I created a fuselage_left_bump.bmp and converted it to fuselage_left_normal.ttx

Well sad to find out it doesn't work and there is not much written about the bump map handling in the docu.

I didn't give up and found for the AS350 there are some other *_normal.ttx files with some arbitrary names.
    I copied my fuselage_left_normal.ttx on each existing *normal.ttx and found out that smooth_normal.ttx gives a perfect result, wow.

On second sight however, it was only perfect for the left side. On the right side all bumps are mirrored.
    Well now my logic is through and I guess I hit the wall to no success ?!

Seems without fixing the 3D model, there is no solution to this inconsistent texture/bump map handling ?:confused:

See the screenshots:
    Perfect Left Side Bumps:

Wrong mirrored right side Bumps:

Any advice ?
    Mike-DE

Hello Rob

Thanks a lot for making this point. I couldn't have explained it with your words.

My experience was, in simple words, that Aerofly (and it's predecessors) give you the illusion of being far more capable than you are (and I always switch the options to "most realistic/expert").

Once you turn to "real life" the shock for "newbies" hits hard. It hit me in a way that I destroyed my first Extra 300 model (1m span)
    I would have never dared to try it, had the sim been more realistic !!

Thanks a lot
    Mike-DE

Hallo

Ich vermute, daß VMs vieles gut können, aber bei der Grafik Schwachstellen oder besser Begrenzungen haben. In unserer Firma nutzen wir VMs intensiv und auf die Frage, warum wir trotzdem noch Desktop Rechner haben kam die Antwort wegen der Grafikleistung ... !

Ein i5 ist auch nicht gerade das schnellste was es gibt und Du brauchst schon eine möglichst gute Grafikkarte mit ausreichend Speicher (prüfe mal die Anforderungen von Aerofly RC7).

Wenn Dein Rechner die Anforderungen diesbzgl. halbwegs erfüllt fällt mir als Variante ein: Win 7 Home Professional kaufen (gibts für unter 50 Eur bei Ebay) und als alternatives Betriebssystem installieren (Stichwort: Boot Manager, Dual boot ...)
    aber beim kaufen aufpassen bei HW Abhängigkeiten, Produkt Key etc ...

Ich hab es so nicht ausprobiert, aber billiger als ein Mac wäre das auf alle Fälle ;)
    Mike-DE

Hello again

I just checked if I have all Win7 updates installed ... OK
    I tried Bauernwaldweg ... OK (takes loooong to load, but I think less than 2 min, maybe less than 1 min)

My Machine: Win7 Home Premium SP1 64Bit, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT540M (1GB dedicated Grafics memory, 4GB total)

So far no special problems with Bauernwaldweg.
    Mike-DE

Hallo

Ich hätte es mal im Controller Setup (Advanced) probiert. Dort gibt es bei mir links neben Flaps ein + Zeichen und wenn man das clicked geht eine Einstellung für "Flap links" und "Flap rechts" auf. Die müßte man dann belegen ...
    Ich hab das selbst nicht ausprobiert, mangels übriger Kanäle ;) und vermute also nur ...

Im Modell spezifischen Setup sollte das evtl. auch gehen. Ich habe aber bei dem Modell das ich probiert habe da keine Möglichkeit gesehen ...

Vielleicht hilft das ja trotzdem so als Idee ?
    Mike-DE

Hallo

Zur Sache:
    Ich stimme zu, daß man von Seiten aerofly wohl davon ausgeht, daß sich jeder selber zusammensucht was geht und wie. Das hilft nicht gerade neue tolle Features zu promoten ... ist aber wohl Stil in der Gaming Generation ;)

In diesem Fall war mein Lösungsweg so:

1) Modell-Funktions Anzeige einblenden (Shift-M), und man sieht: AUX-1 und AUX-2 werden genutzt
    2) Man belege AUX-1 mit z.B. Keyboard Q. Wenn AUX-1 aktiv ist, holt es den Copter automatisch "nach Hause"
    3) Man belege AUX-2 mit Keyboard W+E und damit steuert man den Tilt der Kamera. Die Kamera kippt so weit wie AUX-2 gestellt ist
    4) Der Kamera View geht nur in 4D Szenerien und ist einer der Cockpit Views die man mit F8 durchsteppen kann
    bei mir der zweite ...

Das wärs ...

Anm.:
    Wenig cool sich über fehlende Antworten zu beklagen, wenn man auf Rückfragen nicht reagiert. siehe anderer Thread.
    Auch wenig cool, dann gleich noch einen neuen Thread zum selben Thema aufzumachen :(

Tip: Den eigenen Thread Subscriben, dann bekommt man autom. mit, wenn jemand reagiert :)

Mike-DE

Hello

Repaint 16 of the AS350 Écureuil is Grand Canyon Helicopters, registration N836PA.

If you ever have a chance for a heli flight over/through Grand Canyon don't miss it. It is an unforgettable experience.

See the Grand Canyon version in the Sevenmile Canyon scenery.

This will conclude part #4 of AS350 repaint downloads which will be available soon ...
    and it will most likely be the final repaint for the AS350 from my side :(

Mike-DE

Hello

Repaint 15 of the AS350 Écureuil is Austrian Polizei, registration OE-BXH.

This heli has been in service for quite a while (built 1986) and has changed paintings several times. This one is the most recent one.

See the POLIZEI version in the MFC Salzburg scenery.

Just one more to go ...
    Mike-DE

Hello

The AS350 heli, which is new in RC7, seems to have some shortcomings compared to other helis ...

1) It is the ONLY scale model without a pilot
    --> this is just a visual shortcoming

2) It doesn't carry the distance measuring balls (red/blue) in the "Heli Precision Flight" exercise
    --> this is a BUG

ad 1) I love the AS350 and really miss a pilot, but I think its not possible to configure one without changing the model as a whole ?

ad 2) I checked another heli and found the missing code for the distance-balls.

So this can be fixed by editing the as350.tmd file:

Insert the red part after the blue so the file looks like above (and create a backup copy of the file before you start, just in case).

Question: Do people of IPACS read the posts here, and can I hope for a fix, if I post BUGS here ?

Background: I'm running into more and more issues in RC7, which worked in AF5 and I hate to waste my time with ignored error reports or double post issues ...

Mike-DE