Posts by mhab

Hello

I am wondering why there is no reply here ?

I started a repaint for the AS350 and what I did is to follow the instructions for the aerofly5.
    look here for detailed instructions: http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthre…29895#post29895

After I got the tools, and registered (which is another interesting step :))
    see how-to here: http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthre…29922#post29922
    ... I was able to repaint the heli

My result up to now:

So now I got two questions left:
    1) How to get a proper preview image ? (seems a bit ridiculous after repainting the whole heli :confused:)

I created a 1024x768 png and the conversion tool makes something strange out of it.
    It is way too bright, black color is gone ... simply put it was a lot of work to remove the background and it is rendered to unusable by the conversion tool.

Maybe somebody has a hint for me ?

Here is what I put into the conversion tool:

Here is what I see in RC7:

2) I wonder where I can put my repaint
    ... so others will be able to download it ?

Thanks
    Mike-DE

Hello Jan

That was really, really helpful.

I finally got some Hawk Smoke modifications to work in RC7, mostly by text diffing old (AF5) vs. new(RC7) Hawk model.
    I had to patch lots of differences in the smoke-related .tmds of AF5, due to changes/improvements in the RC7 Hawk

One pitfall was, that in smoke definition e.g.
    <[uint32] [PositionsID] [SmokeLeft.Positions]>

needs to stay .Positions, a string which needs to be exchanged in other locations for .Output as you described.

So it it not a 100% rule to exchange all .Positions ....

Thanks a lot
    Mike-DE

P.S.: really wonder if/when the original contributors will update their work for RC7 ?

Hello

I would appreciate a bit more clearness about how incompatible AeroFly RC7 is about AeroFly5 Models ...

I read in the what's new of latest update 7.0.7 that models are not compatible with AF5. Sad enough ...
    Now I badly missed some of the repaints of some of my favorite AF5 models like the EC135, MD500 and Hawk and gave it a try ...

You see me happy, as everything seems to work in RC7, at least for the repaints of AF5 models.:):)

So I wonder what about other mods like the afterburner of th F-16 or the additonal smoke options of the Hawk ???

Thanks for any info
    Mike-DE

Hello

I ran into the problem, that I wanted to get rid of the FPS display in lower right corner of the screen.
    As there is not any dialog with a checkbox for this setting :( I tried the user manual. Nice to read that Shift+I toggles the display ... :confused:

Only problem: Shift+I toggles Flight info and NOT FPS display

If somebody runs into the same issue here is the hack to get rid of the FPS display:

Find the file: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\aerofly RC 7\config\main.mcf

Open it in a text editor, and change the line

<[bool][show_fps][true]>
    into
    <[bool][show_fps][false]>

B.T.W.:
    No guarantee for wrong editing, so be careful if you do this !!!

Mike-DE