Posts by HiFlyer

An explosion on news in the VR marketspace in the last few days. I'll try to post anything that seems interesting.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi,

is it a way to force the VR frame and avoid the auto reset at startup. My goal is to have always the VR cockpit at the same place relatively to the fixed VR sensor (Valve or oculus)

thanks in advance,

People have asked about that forever. It's one of those things that is just never implemented, and eventually you feel you are just talking to yourself.

As a relative newbie, I've been trying to install some airports and area cultivation files, but seem to be doing more damage than help. I've done scenery adding with FSX and didn't have to many issues, but the file structure seemed more predictable (to me). So I tried putting the nice Atlanta cultivation in along with KATL from fscloudport. At first I got the airport but not the area. Then I was able to get them both showing by moving the files per the instructions. But then when I go to "Locations", it's black. I seem to have had some files structure screwups...not surprising. What should the file structure be for scenery? Thanks!

It's an ongoing question. There is an approved/suggested installation folder protocol and naming convention, but Ipacs is reluctant to enforce it and some scenery developers seem unable or unwilling to follow it. This has led to a predictable mess that was never headed off at the pass when the number of sceneries was small and getting everyone on the same page would have been relatively simple.

Now, years later and it's just madness, and god save the newbies trying to figure out where all this stuff should go to work peacefully together, since some contributors don't like writing instructions, either.

@HiFlyer: The problem is, we can publish guidelines of course, but our experience shows they are not followed consistently by all users. User created scenery is very nice, but it also has a huge impact on start up and runtime performance since lots of content doesn't follow our guidelines. We don't really know what to do against it, moderation would be one possibility, but we don't really want to control anybody here, Aerofly FS should be an open platform.

It's a shame. After dealing with several authors doing it in completely different ways, almost defiantly so, I finally gave up and stopped downloading these extra sceneries at all.

I wonder how many others feel that way?

Oh, well.

POOF!!

Essentially this just came out of nowhere. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1271440/Ne…_HP_VR_Headset/

As far as I can tell, this seems to be windows mixed reality, version 2

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So, messing around with my latest infatuation, SkyRim, I eventually encountered ENB's, which I had always avoided before in any application you can name.

In this case however, I was intrigued by a fairly new feature called ENB particle lights, which promised to utterly bypass the games limitation s of only 4 dynamic lights by essentially going completely around the whole issue, via the ENB particle lights feature.

After finally messing with these few days, it quickly dawned on me that if possible, these might be an acceptable user workaround for the persistent (almost aggressive) lack of dynamic lighting in Aerofly, but I don't really know enough to judge whether there are technicalities that make it inapplicable or not.

So I will just submit it here, for bigger heads to ponder and opine.

In the meantime, one could imagine navigation lights, maybe landing lights, runway lights, and possibly other EB+NB-based effects........

Now there is one very important fact which allows us to create particle systems ONLY dedicated to light emission: meaning particles which are INVISIBLE on the screen but emitting light. This fact is that a particle will emit ENB light even if its texture is set to full transparency, if the rest of the conditions are met. This allows us to design a finely tuned ENB light source without messing with the visual appearance of existing particles.

A website called 3dbuzz is shutting down and they’ve made their entire library of subscription tutorials and assets available to the public for free!

https://www.3dbuzz.com/

They have tutorials, guides and examples on like RPG API Core, Python stuff, C++, C#, Unreal tournament map making and modding guides, Blender and Gimp

Starting up the excellent Aerofly Lynx MK7 with the aid of voice attack profile. Flight in less than 20 mins 🙂

Video and Voice Attack profile by John Gregory