Posts by HiFlyer

So, even if there is a host of freeware available for AeroflyFS2, it takes quite some time to properly install it, even more, as it usually comes without any installers.

Yup. There are a few large scale sceneries out now that I have a passing interest in, but...... No installers, scant instructions, Confusion about which files are even required and which are outdated........ leads to massive time investment and hence self-limited uptake.

I've been a NZ fan for ages and would give :thumbup::thumbup:for this. LINZ is good quality, I tried a few tiles around Auckland in AeroflyFS2 time ago, which looked good but would require color corrections, too. BTW, there is a complete LINZ-based NZ-photoscenery available for X-Plane (Lyndiman NZ, not available for download but via Torrents).

As a sidenote: The freeware list has not been abandoned, but I am ill right now. Will continue as soon as I feel better.

Kind regards, Michael

I really wonder what happened to Toprob and his NZ kickstarter.......?

It's one of those things that's always baffled me. Ipacs RC sims have several effects that show the company has the technical skill to create them, but they have seemingly deliberately chosen to withhold them From FS2.

Sometimes performance reasons have been mentioned, but considering the things even even fly by night bargain basement sims on steam can do, the plausibility of that excuse appears increasingly more strained with time. :/ :?:

Might be a while to see our sims supported though.......

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/…e-ready-driver/

The new feature of interest is called Variable Rate Supersampling: To Improve Image Quality In VR.

Variable Rate Supersampling (VRSS) is a new technique to improve image quality in VR games. It uses NVIDIA Variable Rate Shading (VRS), a key feature in NVIDIA’s Turing architecture, to dynamically apply up to 8x supersampling to the center of the VR headset display, where the eye is generally focused. It intelligently applies supersampling only when GPU headroom is available in order to maintain the VR headset fixed FPS and ensure a smooth VR experience.

Compared to alternative techniques that supersample the entire screen with large hits to frame rate, VRSS’s adaptive use of Variable Rate Shading boosts image quality while staying about the typical 90Hz fixed refresh rate of the VR headset. In the VR game Boneworks, VRSS keeps FPS above 90, whereas a fullscreen 4x supersample drops frame rates to unplayable levels.

To enable VRSS, open the NVIDIA Control Panel and select Manage 3D Settings, then scroll to Virtual Reality – Variable Rate Supersampling, and change the setting to “Adaptive”.

For advanced users, the Control Panel also offers an ‘Always On’ setting that applies up to 8x supersampling regardless of performance. Note, this may bring your frame rate below the VR headset’s refresh rate and impact your experience.

VRSS is supported by the driver--no game integration required--and can be applied to DX11 VR games or application that have forward renderers and support MSAA, and have been tested by NVIDIA. At the time of writing, over 20 games meet this criteria, including:

• Battlewake
    • Boneworks
    • Eternity WarriorsTM VR
    • Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades
    • In Death
    • Job Simulator
    • Killing Floor: Incursion
    • L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
    • Lone EchoMercenary 2: Silicon Rising
    • Pavlov VR
    • Raw Data
    • Rec Room
    • Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
    • Robo Recall
    • SairentoVR
    • Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
    • word not allowed: VR Target ShootingSpace Pirate Trainer
    • Special Force VR: Infinity War
    • Spiderman: Far from Home
    • Spiderman: Homecoming – Virtual Reality Experience
    • Talos Principle VR
    • The Soulkeeper VR

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just finally had a chance to sit down and try it, and have to say it exceeds all expectations! A great addition to my stable of fine aircraft for Aerofly. Even the VR hands are nicely done, something krzysk1was also working on before he was apparently driven away.

I hope you see fit to make planes for a good long time, and even make the jump to payware. Your work deserves it.

He is a bit too free in criticising the sim for not operating the way he thinks it should when he really has very little idea of how it or a real plane works. He was moving the autopilot bank knob and saying that the aileron trim doesn’t seem to work, he said the GPS time to go (or similar) made no sense when he had Zurich runway 10 in a route and he just eyeballed it onto runway 34, he announced that there were no VORs anywhere near Zurich! There is no harm in doing a first impressions video but for anything even slightly resembling a review, not doing any sort of systems study is not good enough. That video is a recent YouTube entry viewable to anybody and it let down IPACS and JustFlight.

The thing to remember about progrmr, is that his videos are pretty much all like that, for whatever sim. Think of them as a look at whatever, by a student/casual pilot, still in the process of learning. Usually what happens is somebody corrects him in the comments.

Just checked the Microsoft official page, and I stand corrected. However, technical correctness and public perception are two different things. You may still be inviting confusion unless you consider naming it "Aerofly 2020".

Meanwhile at this exact moment, there is a thread on the Avsim forums where the OP is arguing that because MS has not named their sim FS2020 we should stop calling it that.

1st world problems..... :P