Posts by HiFlyer

Well,

this, OTOH, makes me think if we'll ever be able to see a PMDG add-on for AEFS2... since AEFS is also tied to Steam ?

If I understood Jv correctly, AF will also be available through the Orbx store?

Project A - Massive. A huge investment in new tech, new tools, new apps and new staff. It will surprise many of you, and delight you all. It will focus on both Europe and North America. It will perform like nothing you have experience in your simming life. It will support VR. It will be a VFR flyer's wet dream. It will be sold on OrbxDirect. Oh, and it will be 64-bit.

So, feeling like a bit of top gun action, I blasted off of a runway somewhere in california and pretty much headed straight up until my plane lost lift and began to head back to the ground on its own.

In the meantime, I got a nice view of earths curvature, and the textures seemed quite sharp and realistic.

The question occurred to me however: What altitude is the maximum that The Aerofly engine can depict before some sort of limit is reached? Could a low suborbital aircraft be depicted?

Could Spaceshipone be modeled?

An X-15 Flight?

A Mercury mission?

Could the Space shuttle be modeled as in X-plane?

Should we go for a moon landing? :cool:

[Blocked Image: http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7721/Ie6dlX.png]

My situation is a little more complicated, and once was even moreso: I have my computers internal music card, A soundblaster music card (inactive) and my monitor has internal audio via displayport. Not to mention the Nvidia 1080ti high definition audio output (disabled)

As a general rule, when Aerofly starts, I'm obliged to manually switch from my speakers to the Oculus speakers under playback devices.

It's just that in the last month or so, I have noticed a lot of apps are now doing that automatically, and it would be nice if Aerofly did too without bringing in the (possible) complications of an outside program.

It looks like a possibility, but if possible, I would rather go through whatever internal settings the oculus software is using to handle this. Like a lot of people, I suspect, I would rather not bring in the complication of an outside solution.

Thanks for the info though: I didn't know about that at all.

Hi!

I've noticed that many of the more recent Oculus apps have gained the ability to automatically divert sound to the Oculus headset when you run them in Oculus mode, which removes the need for the user to tediously switch playback devices manually in the sound settings.

Its pretty convenient, and I was wondering if Aerofly could implement this feature as well.

Thanx!

Can't speak for anyone else, but 144Gb wouldn't bother me a bit. I've now deleted and reinstalled Aerofly (125Gb) several times, and as I mentioned before, I've now specifically raised my connection speed so doing things like that doesn't tie up my internet for long periods.

Heck, just yesterday, installing creators update destroyed my Steam folder and I had to download Aerofly again. (took about 3 1/2 hours)

Anyway, I've just purchased a 4TB drive that I'm pretty much devoting to Aerofly (well, maybe all my flight sims) so there's no storage problem for the foreseeable future.

If there was an optional 144gb download for higher resolution worldwide, I would certainly go for it.

Honestly it's not incomparable to the 100s of gigs of add ons many simmers collect over the years, many warehoused and not even used, but lovingly preserved, just in case. :o

Yup, that's about what I get as well. I do know that JV over at orbx mentioned the hd sizes needed to make a worldwide scenery coverage at a higher resolution, (about the same as FS9) but his numbers seemed a bit optimistic.

I suspect it would be ginormous, but I think many of us would go for it, especially if we could download state by state or country by country.

So DTG has released news of the impending release of their long awaited sim, Flightsim World into early access sometime this month.

Seems very conveniently timed!

Anyway, Dovetail have never been slackers at marketing, and this announcement already shows all the slick showmanship they are known for.

Having already established themselves at Avsim and other communities, their PR department has unleashed a very professional announcement video, debuted a slick looking new website, sent out announcement emails to pretty much everyone in the world, and undoubtedly we will soon be flooded with preview videos from carefully selected aviation-themed YouTube personalities.

The sim itself appears to be a prettier FSX so far, (surprise surprise) and the video gives me eerie flashbacks to the look and feel of Microsoft Flights environments and graphics.

Of course, the entire simulation community, having been expertly primed for several years, is going to absolutely explode with this news, and if nothing changes, expect Aerofly to become a bit of an also ran for a while until the release of this new sim.

I just hope very much that Ipacs takes the needed opportunity to come out of its shell and communicate a bit more, and be a bit more aggressively self promotional. This has been said before over the years with little result, but I hope right now is different, and you don't allow yourselves to be absolutely buried beneath waves of superior marketing.