Posts by HiFlyer

I have a 27inch 2560 x 1440 monitor. At 100% this forum is about the size of a printed page, (surrounded by a huge, empty ocean of blue) which is not very readable from 2 or more feet away. :D

In fact the text is about 1/4 of an inch high.

I'm wondering if the forum is one of those best seen at a lower resolution.....

EDIT: You are right though, the forum looks much nicer shrunk down that way, but unfortunately I then have to press my nose against the monitor to read it! ;););)

I notice the forum header seems to have changed, with a picture of the Learjet and some other alterations. Unfortunately, the picture and text seems to be surprisingly low resolution, and for me at least, suddenly gives a sort of "bargain-basement" 16 color vibe to the forum.

Is there a higher resolution version of that picture available?

2018 i'd say for a CV2, but pimax may upgrade their 4k headset this year with vive's lighthouse tracking. If they did that well and it was genuine 4k, not upsampled 2k which i think it is now then it would be very interesting. I think current pc's should be ok with the power to run it as you wouldn't need supersampling enabled (or you'd need less)

Or you could just buy a PIMAX and use NOLO for tracking

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You would think it would have to be a thing. PImax a Chinese company, are releasing a 8K VR headset this year. That is two 4K screens, one for each eye. I imagine SLI would be the way to go to render enough complexity for each eye in the time available. Also with a 200+ degree field of view. FS2 would look amazing in that, but what graphic card could handle it alone?

Pimax has a few tricks to cut the graphical workload.

Well, not sure if we are going to get a video or not. Every time I try to record with Fraps, it records a few seconds and stops. I will see if there is anything else out there that may work.

Nvidia Shadowplay also works quite well, and I've used it for almost all of my videos.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I remember when Ipacs mentioned the possibility of ATC, but said they weren't sure how to implement it, and requested some community input. If I remember correctly, the input was rather sparse, but them watching what sort of things people request for Voice Attack might be very informative.

The question is, how many hours do I want to put into this? Any clue when an ATC will be integrated? Will it be voice responsive?

And there's the rub. We have no idea how far along Ipacs are on their own ATC nor how it will work. Now, if there were system hooks that allowed you to see the aircraft state......

But then, there kind or are, aren't there? It occurs to me that if a program like Avare can be made to work, then Aerofly is already outputting a significant amount of positional, height and other data.

I suspect a dedicated and clever programmer could make a quite worthwhile product by pulling all that information together, but would it be worth it?

Depends on how long Ipacs takes for their own implementation I guess, and how versatile it is.

Even after Ipacs releases its version, this might remain a popular option however, due to its easy programmability by users.

Since Voiceattack has no information from the sim as to where you are actually located, or what you are currently doing, it's probably best to keep things as generic as possible, even if some veracity is lost.

This was also a problem with VoiceAttack and Elite Dangerous, though it appears that in the latest versions that either Frontier Development or VoiceAttack must have made a modification of some sort, since VA now does seem to have gained at least limited ability to know what your ship is doing in realtime and respond appropriately.

If that ever happens with Aerofly, the possibilities will become endless.

Google's speach recognition works out of the box. I can ask it to get the weather for the next day and it searches for it automatically. And Apple's counterpart "Siri" also does not need any training by the user. Both of these are probably "trained" in advance to understand more people out of the box.

They also send your queries out to a Darpa/Calo AI machine-Learning type supercomputer to figure out what you just said. :cool:

Neither work without an active online connection, because the devices they operate on simply don't have the onboard computational power to parse speech that accurately on their own.

Its kind of an apples to orangutans comparison, because of that.