Posts by HiFlyer

Some of the attitudes about sims in this thread are soooo different from mine...

(Not for the first time, I feel like an alien in the community, sometimes)

So many seem to act as if there can be only one sim in their lives, and once the decisions been made, all others must of course be deleted and given up for dead.

To me, that would be sooooo boring!

I don't even know how many flight sims are on my computer at this point, but none of them are perfect, and each in its own way has something to offer.

Will I fly aerofly today? Maybe not, but there's always War Thunder, or P3D or.... whatever. It changes with my mood, and when my mood is for smoothness and other things in VR, it's back to Aerofly and maybe a trip over Lukla.

Or Florida.

Or.....

Even when the new God-Sim (supposedly) arrives, I have no doubt I will still be Visiting Aerofly. And X-Plane.... And Wings of Prey, and.....

Why should there be only one? Or even just two? Or Three! (or six!)

To make photo scenery of Scotland I just checked in my "AeroScenery" and its 85 tiles based on size 9 that's a lot of downloads and editing of the sea.

Perhaps if we had a group of volunteers to just make a few tiles and then upload them to flght-sim.org it would be an interesting winter project for the FS 2 community.

Don't all rush at once............................................

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Maybe its about time for me to begin learning about some of this. Nothing complex, but Im probably past due to at least start reading the instructions and watching the videos.

No airports? No basic tsc files? Where can I start? Is the mesh flatten in the area of the airports and/or airfields so someone can build them? If not, I would have to build my own mesh as long as AFFS does not support a kind of external flatten definition. What about the cultivation. Are the airports/airfields excluded or are they also covered with buildings, lights and trees?

There are several pictures there showing lighting cultivation and Etc.

Again, very well done. Not only an excellent rendition of the airport, but also a very nice photorealistic representation of the whole Samos island. Congrats!.

Any chance of getting a similar job for another island nearby to complete relatively short flights in Greece?. I heard you were working on Skyathos too, but I’m maybe wrong, Maybe just in my dreams!.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ed

You might want to join the Aerofly facebook group, where he posts more frequently about what he's up to.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/aeroflyfsfangroup/

I mentioned that I thought one side of the island was unfinished, but that was my mistake. What's really happening is that part of the island does not appear until you are right on top of it.

I believe this is a known issue and the solution is also known, though you will likely have to ask others that create scenery. (unless you already know the solution)

Video from Jesper Raben

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can link one that I remember on the top of my head. It's from Progmr's channel when he tries the Duchess. He talks about the moving map freezing at around 7.30. I've seen another video too describing the same, but I can't remember which one. This happens with me also every time I try to use the GPS.

https://youtu.be/Ov0MzcGwUUA

I love prgrmr! Not least since he is just like me and messes up constantly. His viewers often have to correct him on what he did wrong on a given video, so while I find him entertaining, he's probably not the best example.

Maybe Martin has the same problem as I have: the needle is static after setting the fuel pump to LO. In order to make the needle work again you have to set fuel pump to HI for a few seconds and then back to normal. As soon as you enable LO the needle will go back to zero and stop moving again. It's a bit odd that it seems to work well on your end.

(Raises hand) Have you made any modifications to your aircrafts Tmd's?

As I mentioned, the one thing to always expect from this contributors offerings is steady and even rapid change:

world_airports

krzysk1 committed 3 days ago: runways added: Now runways are added to airports - 3d models of runways come from FSCLOUDPORT Runways have different surface textures: asphalt, concrete, dirt and gravel, according to the defined in source file.

krzysk1 committed 2 days ago: runway textures updated

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It is worthwhile feedback to have this point raised. Especially when this price point is creeping close to an A2A for other platforms. I doubt that Tom is alone in this regard, there are still many people who budget their FS spending... Including me. Sales figures do not always reflect demand, sometimes they reflect spending patterns of the user base.

- Kenneth

Its legit feedback, but honestly fsx goes for about $10 on Steam so you can use $30 or $40 dollar aircraft, and it's the same for scenery. It's been the status quo in the sim world for years, and not sure how/why Aerofly would be much different.

Just Flight has been selling those same planes for other sims at the same price point.

Realistically, considering the smaller market and smaller number of sales to be expected from the Aerofly world, partially due to just the concerns you mentioned, I doubt there would be an Aerofly price cut unless you happen to catch on of the planes during a Steam sale.

As I said, Just Flight did it on their own and their two independent teams figured it out themselves. I only gave a few explanations along the way and as long as I have the time to do so I'll help any other developer. Also kryzk seems to have created quite a number of aircraft and I didn't set up a single landing gear for him. So it is not impossible. Not easy, but doable, even without tools.

Yup, but with this very subject in mind I've been watching Kryzks planes very carefully the last few months, and note that he keeps his landing gears extremely simple, and tends strongly towards birds with fixed gear.

Even so, his planes can kind of bounce around disconcertingly on the runway and do other odd things upon contact to the ground, and I speculate that he has undercarriage issues as well. That's not a complaint though. Keeping the difficulties in mind, I'm ecstatic that his stuff works so well.

His years long devotion to Aerofly and determination to press on through all barriers makes him a bit unique, however.

Matts plight seems more the norm, and the same thing lost us the planes of Dino Cattaneo and also the many planes of Lionheart, which would have had third party aircraft for Aerofly on the scene much earlier if they too had not faltered at the altar of the undercarriage.

S-211 and F104G have working landing gear.

Yah, I was pretty sure Jet-Pac did those, and when I saw him beta testing for Just Flight I made the assumption (my fault) that he was going to have to do it for them as well. Problem is, the situation is kind of tenuous. Should Jan ever become unavailable for whatever reason (school, etc) , it seems right now, any hopes of third party aircraft development would come to a screeching halt, or at the very least be seriously crippled.

It should not be this hard, it and if it has to be, there should be robust tools to mitigate the difficulty!