Posts by jcomm

Some questions regarding the modeling of the features you have successfuly implemented Jan:

- Does mixture actually work requiring leaning with altitude ?
    - Is it possible to, either through config file editing or SDK, modify temperatures, pressures, cloud cover, time of day / date ? And, regarding temperature and pressure, does Aerofly model density altitude ?
    - I believe in the present version there is no fuel consumption, but I wonder if the necessary hooks are available for more detailed modeling of fuel systems, starting with basic fuel consumption, and affecting weight & ballance ?

Thx!

Although not related, and btw, I think Jet-Pack's answer is correct, and I have all sorts of experiences with different gliders IRL, I would like to know how the ASG-29 is regarding stalls and spins.

I somehow noticed in Aerofly 1 that it was extremely easy to get into a stall or spin when performing higher bank turns in the default gliders... Is it different in this model?

So, I know Aerfly FS v2 is set for a date somewhere in June, but I would like to set it to a given, precise date.

What internal variable(s), and in what conf file, can be changed to specifically set a given date / time ?

Thx

Thank you both IPACS Support and Overloaded for your answers.

I look forward for the possibility to set the date, even without any consequences on seasonal changes - it's the same in X-Plane, a platform in development for quite a long time, while Aerofly FS v1 and now v2 are newcomers - but already doing an excellent job in terms of graphics, smoothness and flight dynamics...

The positions of the sun and moon are correctly computed for the current location and time. However, you can only set the time but not the date at the moment, so the times for the sunrise and sunset are correct only for the default date (some day around mid June).

The moon is always rendered as a full moon - shame on us.

At the moment, there are no plans to implement seasonal variations for the ground textures.

Thx for the answer, but when you say "are correctly computed for the location and time" do you mean the "full time" including callendar date, or time for that reference day somewhere in June where the simulation runs by default ?

Do you plan to make date setting available ?

Could we expect the Moon to have phases some day :) ?

The date is not featured. Were you planning to do bubble ***tant readings over the ocean at night? In AF 2 the plough and polaris looked about right in the night sky. This forum program still censors the (space added) s extant word.

Thx Overloaded.

All I want in a flightsim is to be able to fly on a given date and have proper sunrise sunset times and lighting according to the geographical coordinates and day of the year... I also fin it important to at least have proper Moon rendereing, with phase and set / rise times according to RW.

For some reason the IFR tool I used for my training in the past - ELITE Flight Simulator - has that. Also MSFS has it since FSX ( maybe even fs9 I don't recall... ) and also Flight Gear.

Is Aerofly ready for date/time-based position of Sun and Moon as well as daylight?

Even if in the pre-release I can see in some videos the Moon, I wonder if that virtual Moon will be there in the skies according to the correct ephemeris, like in FSX and Flight Gear as well as ELITE Flight Simulator with Moon and Sun, based on geographical poisition and date ( YYYY-MM-HH:MM:SS ) ?

I would rather prefer to have a date-based system, like in MSFS.

YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS, preferably with according Moon phase and position.

MSFS has it, MS FLIGHT had it, even ELITE professional simulator has it.

In X-Plane it's as bugged as many other things regarding daylight, etc...