Posts by jcomm

The factor on its own makes it symmetrical but the deflection of the propwash vector makes it asymmetrical... Plus you also have a sideslip for the wings anyway, so its not symmetric even without propwash. But the "how much of the wing is affected by propwash" is fixed, doesn't change due to sideslip or angle of attack yet.

Well, here's a nice chance for further improvement of your FDM :)

It would also bring interesting effects for rotaries, now that they're coming along so nicely ;)

Getting my mind prepared to hover in the R-22.....

As a long time user ( proud user :) ) of ELITE IFT, and owner of two of ELITE's HW modules ( TQ and GNS 530 ) I would really like to see it made compatible with AEFS2.

Contacted ELITE which asked if an SDK is available allowing for such integration.

I don't know if the presently released SDK includes the necessary hooks for controller interface programming ?

Another Dream Feature would be to integrate AEFS2 as a "visuals simulator " only with ELITE ... There are professional solutions that allow for the integration of ELITE with ESP / Prepar3d, but they're very expensive and customized, requiring detailed integration according to ELITE's standards, but a more "game-oriented" port would be a charm to use in a PC with multi-monitor setup, or through a networked solution ( ? )...

Jan,

thx for your answer.

Since that parameter / factor that associates an aerowing with the propwash is fixed, I guess it doesn't differ between upwind / downwind aerowings, so, it should be symmetrical during the takeoff run under x-wind ( ? )

Anyway, I see the propwash vector can itself be affected by the wind, which influences other flight dynamics aspects, and that's good to know.

How does AEFS2 FDM deal with x-wind situations regarding the deflected propwash from, for instance, an aircraft with it's prop ahead of the fuselage / wings taking off under x-wind ?

Is the propwash deflection due to stronger x-winds, specially during initial full power takeoff run taken into consideration, with the "wash cone" being deflected downwind and hitting mostly the downwind wing and fuselage / tail sides, as well as taking it's "central core" away from the tail surfaces and reducing their efficiency during the initial takeoff run ?

AEFS2 is the Perfect Simulator platform presently available to bring to live features ever wanted / requested by the big majority of the simmers after all, and in some ways already, like when we look at it's VR implementation and overall performance & smoothness...

Well, I confess I couldn't give hand of my Condorsoaring v2, but my perspective for the future pretty much lays in the direction of AEFS2 evolution because it is the cleanest approach so far, not tied to old engines and idiosyncrasies and being built from scratch but with outstanding detail and quality.

It's not a sim for those suffering from the typical disease of the XXI Century - Impatience and Consumism, totally forgetting to enjoy what is provided... and instead always focusing on what is not yet provided ...

Thx again for yet another great video!

It actually also shows a particular aspects where AEFS2's way of portraying reality, and one which is important for the realism / accuracy of the simulation, really needs tuning - the PAPI light systems.

Their positioning, size and efficiency, as well as ( afaik ) there being just one type of PAPI and no APAPI, VASI or T-VASI although these are seldom used these days, are additional features I would like to see updated for upcoming releases.

Indeed Herve - happened to me 2 times too :-/

The first one was in 1982 when the first of the only two fatal glider accidents ever occurred in Portugal took place at Serra da Estrela, when a friend from Germany who was flying in Portugal for the season crashed in the club Cobra 15 against the summit when the glider entered a spin...

Then when I as at Portuguese Air Force, I also witnessed a T-37 crash during a training session of the Portuguese Air Force exhibition team, killing it's pilot when one of the wings detached from the aircraft after he pulled at the end of a low pass...

On both occasions it had quite an impact in me... I believe I love everything about aviation, less all being military / combat.

Hope you can recover fast from that bad experience.

All of the Best from here...

Thermals that drift and cant with the wind due to gradient and friction, but also turbulence....

Thermals that have an, even simplified, life cycle...

Thermals that are possibly triggered by Sun radiation ( angle is important and a function of time and day of year, latitude, but also the type of terrain, which could be simplistically determined from the orthos...

So many things I would like to have - the ideal would be something along the line of how soaring weather was modelled in my 3 preferred soaring sims, SFS PC, Condorsoaring and Silent-Wings...

Nice update! Thx!

Regarding the iddle thrust, if it now handles as described, for a considerable range of GW values, it is certainly more realistic!

Regarding the 744 flight model update associated with throttle, I don't know what exactly it means, but I always found the 744 in AEFS2 a lot less sensible tha expected to thrust ajustments - the real thing exhibits very noticeable pitching moments due to thrust, which in good part accounts for the A/T being disengaged in the initial approach, unless it's fully automatic ( autoland )... I hope it didn't get even less pitching moments with the update ( ? )

Well, currently I have nothing to wish for on te aircraft side. Eventually an agile Airbus longhaulr like the A330 would be great. Or the Boeing 777, which they are already working on. (767/787 are also great planes, love the sound on the 767

People from other forums will surely know how important this is to you! 8);):thumbup:

Of course Jeroen, that was what I meant to write, but missed - already edited :)

Very few simmers care about that detail. I do, in every sim I use, and even my IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow depict it perfectly ( including the correct Moon phase ) and DCS World does it too, although not so perfect in terms of Moon phase.

But my IFR long used / preferred training sim, ELITE IFR, has been doing it in perfection since v7 ...

The Q-400 in AEFS2 is actually IMH the most advanced default aircraft ever offered in any general civil flightsim I have used. The level of customization put, for instance but certainly not only, to the implementation of the Q-400 turbines is unique.

People from other forums will know how important --> for me <-- the correct depiction of daylight and Moon according to date is :-). Well, even if AEFS2's Moon always shows the same phase when out of New Moon, it does get depicted with correct ephemeris and the daylight as a function of latitude - given that AEFS2 uses, by default, the PC date ( current ) is very good - tried it at various places on Earth just to check !

Hi Guys

The assigned buttons of the joystick can't manipulate the ailerons and elevator movements.

The trimming in the cockpit can't make the plane fly straight whatever I do.

Very disappointed from this aspect.

Bye, David

I don't think I can get you ?

You have a joystick, but are using buttons to control the ailerons and elevator, or are you saying you were unable to make the trim controls for pitch roll and yaw work ?

Th Q-400 has noticeable torque effects at high power / AoA, requiring consistent use of rudder trim. Aileron trim should only be used in asymmetric thrust emmergencies, fuel imbalance, etc... So your main compensation / trimming should be done via rudder and elevator trim.

Once set in the Controls menu, it's really easy to use in the Q-400.

Can you be more explicit about your problem David ?