Posts by Rodeo

Ian,

yes, the aid files are the coordinate files directly used by aerofly geoconvert.

TFW were necessary during preprocessing, either because they existed already or they could be created from the INF files of FSET.

INF to TFW converter was written before IPACS made AID public.

Hello Thomas,

these are some problems, which can appear with Sketchup models.

I import them into AC3D and try to correct this. I don't know whether you use AC3D or direct conversion with ModelconverterX.

Double sided faces: AC3D set single-sided faces

Face invisible: AC3D flip normal

BMP 32bit: Save as 24bit bmp with Gimp or Irfanview

Regards

Michael,

can you please cultivate the scenery east of Padova? This will be good for approches and departures at Marco Polo airport.

Thanks in advance!

Just leave the airport itself as you can see the tarmac surfaces.

I'll finish the airport and Murano Island for the Venice scenery.

Regards

Rodeo

Ian,

gable_01 goes always with wall_01 (if present!!!).

So if you have a certain wall color, your gable should have the same color.

Actually the 1024x1024 wall image covers about 5-6 levels of a building. I create that often by copy and paste of a whole level.

If the cultivation building is smaller, aerofly pastes only a part of the texture onto the building.
    Sometimes the placement of a window at the building's edge is unfortunate, but we have to live with that.

Ian,

great, I like your new results!

Do you have the template BMP files of the default building_textures?

If I remember correctly, I included them into the Airport design package

This will give you an idea about the roof slates. It is indeed important to find the appropriate size.

Regarding wall textures: From today's view I recommend to make a kind of basement texture at the lower end of the image.

- You can have less textures.

- They will be chosen randomly, so a certain house may look different next time you start aerofly

- _color is the daylight texture, _light is the night texture. aerofly switches automatically dependant from the time.

- the roof texture is from directly above, the gable line is horizontal in the center

A full set of textures for a house with gable consists of:

res_gable_00_color.ttx

res_gable_00_light.ttx

res_roof_00_color.ttx

res_roof_00_light.ttx

res_wall_00_color.ttx

res_wall_00_light.ttx

No problem,

1. download my template and rename the .txt to .tmc

2. place the content_converter_config.tmc into the same folder with your textures,

3. edit the output path to your needs
    (I often use a converter folder for output and move the files then manually into the final folder),

4. run content_converter_config.tmc.

This is the only line you may modify:

PS: You have to install the aerofly SDK package to run the converter program.

Hi,

we could design an invisible grid in AC3D or 3Dmax called ground__airport__outside.
    This creates a 'slight' flattening of the original ground mesh.

It has to be added to the TSC as ground object and can be rotated there to match the position.

So please tell me the size you want to have for such a grid.

An object like __airport__runway causes 'heavy' flattening, but always needs a visible texture.

There is a great tool from Vogel69, which displays the position and levels of aerofly tiles:

AFS2 Grid Generator

"...

2/ generate an Aerofly FS 2 grid covering all Ground Image or Elevation files of a selected folder

How to:

Go into "Folder Grid" Tab. Enter the path of your folder containing AFS2 Ground Images or Elevation files and clic on "Generate Grid".

the .kml or .kme file obtained can be viewed directly in google earth"

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

After watching this video I'm wondering: Why do we design so many runways, taxiways and ramps??? I'll immediately stop developing airports! :D:P8o<X

Hi Fabian,

this is your suggested workflow:

1. Export your sketchup model to .DAE

2. Open modelconverterX to import the model.

3. Export the object to aerofly FS2 TGI object.

4. Add an entry with the positional coordinates to your TSC file.

Some more informations:

In modelconverterX go to options, set the aerofly converter path in the exporter settings.

Please check, whether you have to set the AC3D axes to NUE, I'm not sure about it, since I convert always into AC3D.

Go through the material editor to minimize drawcalls, set textures to a power of 2 and save them as bmp.

If your sketchup file does not contain colors, use the Special Tools - burn material colors into texture.

There is even an function Export Scenery to aerofly FS scenery (TSC) in modelconverterX.

So please try to find all related information about this tools and you'll succeed with your objects.

Rodeo

Same from me: Welcome back Krzysztof :!:

I gladly remember our great time with AFS1.

And you may have noticed already: Another pioneer adak47 is very active here. :)

Regards

Rodeo