Posts by HerveF

...that such companies like Carenado/Alabeo provide in the near future their nice GA fleet to Aerofly fs2 ??? I think it would be great to have some quality GA planes. like Piper Archer, or so... Once again, I come back with the idea about having a nice Maule MX / or Piper Pa18 Supercup with Skis, it can be funny and challenging to take off from Saanen and land on some glaciers in Switzerland DLC: I've done that many times with the 172, but of course, in the reality it would be fantastic to do that in a real ski taildagger plane. In real Switzerland, we have around 20 glaciers landing zone for planes, it would be great to be able to do that. Anyway, a nice classic taildagger like a piper supercub, would be great.

Everyday, I'm thinking more and more to leave definately FSX, and only fly with Aerofly fs 2.

Dear IPACS team,

Sure now that we are able to repaint some of your fabulous aircrafts using your SDK, Aerofly FS2 will become my number one !!!

But comes to me now a question : as I fly only over Switzerland, I would be able - like it was the case in FSX - to enhance some of your airport, by using some of your very nice scenery objects like old military grass hangars (like in Ulrichen, or Raron) to place them in more locations where in reality more are still located. It would be very easy if Aerofly FS2 has some kind of "scenery objects Library", and if it is possible to edit scenery files by placing such objects using some kind of codes that "call" these objects in a Library. Is that possible ? Doing that with chalets, hangars, old barracks and trees could improve incredibly some RWY approachs or surrounds....Thx in advance for your help and kind reply.

Once again, you are doing a wonderful job, and we are more and more hard fs-simmers and programmers believing in your incredible simulator.

Best regards from Switzerland

I got in my working folder : E:\aeroflyfs_sdk\aircraft_workshop\c172\swiss

The following files:
    convert.tmc
    repaint.tmr
    model.tmc
    preview_c172.tif (which is the default american c172)
    fuselage00_color.bmp (2048X2048)
    fuselage01_color.bmp (2048X2048)

Sure I've edited all the strings in model.tmc, repaint.tmr and convert.tmc with the "swiss" instead of "blank", with my target folder (Inside aerofly fs2 main folder located here :C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\aircraft\c172

What am I doing wrong ?

Thx for your help

It seems like some textures, e.g. either normal maps or ambient maps are not converted properly. Please tell us your exact PC configuration, be as detailed as possible.

Interesting fact perhaps: in my config, Aeroflyfs 2 is installed in HDD "E", not in HDD "C". And I saw that the aircraft converter installed automatically the converted DR 400 in "C:/users/.... and so... I tried to manually move it in "E:/users..... and to delete the DR 400 in C:/users..... . Even manually moving the converted "DR400" folder in "aircraft folder" works, but the textures are still very low quality... Perhaps is this bug linked with the location oft the converted plane folder ? Because when you install the SDK, it never asks you WHERE your Aerofly Fs 2 is located. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one, with aerofly fs2 not installed in "C", but in "D", or "E" HDD.... Thx for your support.

My config is Win 7 64bits, with I7-2600K, and Nvidia 750Ti, aerofly fs 2 is running very well, otherwise....

Hi,

First thx once again to the IPACS team for this wonderful simulator... I'm flying PC and Ipad version both, just a suggestion/question: it would be great to have the option to switch on or off the autogen tree vegetation in the IPAD version: i understand that for performance reason trees autogen is not so great in IPAD version, but some users like me would appreciate as an option, even if the performance goes down, the wonderful PC trees autogen version: it is a little bit sad to fly overs this "no relief" vegetation photoscenery.... Just a suggestion ;)

Thx you and best regards !!!

From LSGS, Sion, Herve