Posts by HerveF

Ok, I've done new tests :

- with a custom mesh (tryed with Rodeo's Martinique) the problem is also there but lesser

- with a slope runway like on the picture bellow there is no real problem to control the planes, only use a lot of rudder when the plane really slows down

- in the same place with default mesh it's instant crash with Jungmeister for example, and it nead really so much rudder for the Dornier and sometimes it's finally uncontrollable when it slows down.

So is it possible to design an invisible runway in grass or snow slopes ? For the Switzerland mountain places for example ?

I land daily since one week many times per day with the dornier on the drassaud Switzerland moutain landing places, as well i help our friend a little bit testing his creations and « scouting » the « flat » areas nearby the official places to find the possibility to land in aerofly there.

According to my experience, it goes better and better the more I practice such difficult landing, but yes, the dornier has tendencies - not at the first contact which is ok, but more using the brakes and when you have to decrease the rpm and the place.... to be able to correct heading when the plane rotate mostly on the left, you need to apply more power, which is critical because most places are very short, and because using the dornier brake must be very very sweetly managed, otherwise the nose goes down.... and of course, the landing places are far from flat to be.... and mostly not flat at all...

So I don’t know if it helps, but if it would be possible to set the dornier (and other taildaggers planes) brakes less sensitive, perhaps it could help ?

Best regards from Switzerland

Really good Job ! great places. some of them really challenging: Wildhorn, Blumisalp, Rosablanche et Ebnefluh are to my opinion the most difficult. Living in Sion in Switzerland, surrended by all these moutain landing places, I can confirm that these are really realistic, and are used now in winter - until April - regulary by private pilots with their SuperCub, Maule, Aviat Husky or Jodel...

Let's hope a modern and powerful Carbon Cub with retractable wheel/Skis option, for a even more realistic experience.

Thank you drassaud , and we are looking forward for the following 20 last....

Best regards from Switzerland

Glider towed by an AI aircraft - or even more exciting - in multiplayer - would be really great.

In fsx I used a lot a little utility (I don’t remember the name of), which simulated a towing airplane: was great. I use towing plane now in xplane 11 as well.

I really think to have the asg29 towed by a Dr400 would be fantastic experience (even better if we can program the route)

Regards

cool ! I owned the Aerofly fs1 model.... the flight model was a bit strange (too heavy it seemed to me).... But of course it is a really good news ! The Just flight Warrior or Justflight Arrow/Turbo arrow would be great models in FS 2 too ! We can hope that major planes developpers like Carenado/Alabeo jump in !!!!

Regards

...very interesting Herve! And which Helicopters are in use there for glacier landings/take offs?

Switzerland is world wide famous for its mountain rescue, and I'm really hoping that the R22 Robinson will not be the only heli in AFS2 in future !!!!

Mostly some AS-350 and some Bell 407 for VIP transportation, aerial work and Rescue... only one R22, one Colibri, and 2 R66 Turbine Robinson (all these only used for training)... For sure, in AFs2 the R 22 has already a lot of problem to climb in the alps over 12'000 ft ;-)... we need a powerful Bell 407, for example.

Fantastic project ! For me the fx3 or X Carbon Cub would be my dreamhorse, with retractable ski/wheels option to enjoy to land on Swiss Glacier ( our friend Drassaud is currently working on the 40 official moutain and glacier landing strips (all between 6000 and 12000 ft), so it is necessary to have some power in the engine ;-).

Unfortunatelly, I’m unable to help for the 3d design or the .tmd settings.... but if it would be appreciated from talented comrades here spending time to make for us a high quality Carbon Cub, I’m ready to give some gift (paypal or let me know), or bucks.... because work deserves salary... but I don’t want to offend anyone here, hope that all can understand me (and my poor english).

And I want to salute and pay hommage here to the very very positive spirit and new dynamic that is coming since some months in our community, particulary with all the gentlemen here that have make us fantastic sceneries, repaints, utilities and new freeware planes, like the dornier, the f-104g, the dhc-1 or the jpcoming Bestmann... to all: a big up, a big thank you !!

Let me know if i can help !

Friendly from Switzerland, Herve:)

i fully agree with you ! Only a Super Cub (with 150 or 180hp) can climb, land and take off from Switzerland glacier landing places situated usually between 9000 and 12000 ft.... I’m living in the swiss alps (Sion Airport - LSGS), and we have at the airport many Super Cub, one Carbon cub, an aviat Husky, and a maule mx 7.... such planes are workhorses for glaciers landing and tkoff... the classical J3 or L4 Piper Pa 18 « cub » from 65 to 90 hp is clearly flown as a vintage plane, and none is used since more than 40 years for such wheels/skis operations.

Regards, Herve

I still would love to see the Carbon Cub in Aerofly. Maybe Jay can send someone else the files to continue the project so that we don't have to start from scratch...

It would be for me in AF2 the absolute bush plane, perfect for Switzerland DLC or Colorado DLC.... like many other here, I would be ready to pay to help some talented plane designer.... :P

Argivo Once again, thank you sooo much for you nice plane : I use it to land on Switzerland glacier mountain places... Could you imagine to provide us a repaint kit, or some other liveries ? would be nice to have a swiss registered Do 27....

Thank you very much, Regards from Switzerland