Posts by jetpeter1

wow this is the story I just posted the other day..... after 30 years of simming (I can't believe it at all as I feel like I am only 30 years old) ... the last week I rediscovered AF2 and was shocked! Now I haven't messed with X-plane 11 or FSX SE since. With the addition of a utility called Soundplant I have enhanced sounds while flying AF2 (the biggest downfall is a weak sound engine).... I am sure the future will fix this natively. I check daily for news... what a beautiful sim, exciting. So far I've taken real time flights out west and soon want to try the 744 to Europe.

good to meet everyone here... Peter

I've been using the X-Box 360 Windows controller (around $30 at Best Buy or online) as my number two unit on sims for years... in FSX and here in AF2 it's my autopilot unit with buttons easily performing master on / off, HDG lock, HDG knobs, ALT, SPD, exterior lights, reverser axis, etc... It's great.... just a recommendation.... I fly with a normal Logitech joystick as all this tucks away great in my suitcase while flying for a living....

Peter

Need a new or improved sound engine ... but for now go get soundplant utility (soundplant.org) for added sounds! It's a great uility usefull for trainsims and flightsims.

Alaska or PNW, KJAC etc... would be fantastic or New England regions

great comments and thanks..... when flightsims are good enough for a real pilot who is filling his original dreams of flying jets.. .and then when I get to the hotel room the first thing I want to do after a day at FL450, is to FLIGHTSIM!!! haha, my wife and my flying partner in the jet think I am a nutcase. Oh well, more for me then... their loss!

I just want to connect with others. I am a real world Challenger 300 PIC, and have been flightsimming since 1979. I was design leader on Looking Glasses' FU3 back in 2000. Since then I have been flying corporate jets etc... and use FSX SE and X-Plane almost daily. But suddenly I have rediscovered the beauty of AF2. Despite me griping about the lack of sound effects and vibrations, I have fallen in love with the sim. The smoothess, visuals, Frame Rates naturally, Flight modeling, view from cockpit and interface! I recently discovered a great utility called soundplant.org where you can assign unlimited .wav files to any key board key! I am surprised this has not been discovered by flight simmers world wide. Now, the sounds I have imported will play upon any key press! Gear sounds, spoilers, wind, ground roll, cabin announcements, autopilot disconnect etc etc.

Happy flying and hope to be here a lot!

peter

https://soundplant.org/download.htm

This is stunning add on for ANY sim but brings life to my AF2 !! Spoiler, autopilot disconnect, ground roll, wind, pax brief, clicks, ATC chatter, anything and everything you just drag and drop any wav files into a keyboard map and pow! Works in background and turns AF2 audio world into the quality we have been used to in FSX or X-Plane.... until the designers here redo the audio engine ! I’ve posted videos of this in action on Facebook/ peter