Posts by pmb

Just made the Maiden flight from Charles de Gaulle to Orly. What a scenery! I also own the Prepar3d counterpart, but this one looks so much better and natural. Besides it's running at 70 fps (under 2D, will test VR later) and moreover textures are razor sharp even at 1000'.

Great work and I for one would look forward to more France VFR scenes. Please, please, don't follow ORBX, Aerosoft, and the like and be a bit more patient.

Only issue, it crashed during taxi at CDG twice when running under Vulcan. Here's the crash report.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: aerofly_fs_2.exe, Version: 2.4.9.17, Zeitstempel: 0x5e621bdc

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.18362.657, Zeitstempel: 0x64d10ee0

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000374

Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000f92a9

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xc384

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d5f406a7de6ec2

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: K:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Berichtskennung: 81cf7f16-1164-4d9e-8228-79cc466af7b9

Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It worked after switching to OpenGL. Not quite clear to me, I have been running Vulcan since day 1 when it became available.

Kind regards, Michael

Quick answer from myself: Just looked up the Hokkaido, JP, area, which I once was experimenting with for AeroflyFS2, in the browser and it seems to be quite cloudy.:( Colors seem to be rather consistent, though.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks for making this available, Nick.

Has anyone experience with this? Is "Here WeGo" (which is the former Nokia Maps as I understand it) better w.r.t. clouds (or rather lack of) and color consistency than Bing or Google?

What do we know about licensing/redistribution terms?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

After that, I'll wait until Nick releases his new beta of his great tool AeroScenery - which includes "HereWeGo maps" - before I possibly continue to create new scenery from Norway (with the hope that "HereWeGo maps" will work).

Sorry, a couple of words what "HereWeGo maps" are?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Little projects...^^

My votes: Austria, as it would fit well to what we have now. Plus my special favourite Japan, which has been notoriously neglected in any flightsim so far.

I wouldn't touch France at this point of time as there's an (albeit faint) chance France VFR might transfer their excellent sceneries, if Ile de France will sell well.

Kind regards, Michael

Donation sent. You might get more exposition if you placed a donation link or remark on the Italy download page(s).

You may try to contact IPACS in advance of starting work on Germany. I've seen a few (as usually rather cryptic) hints they "might" be working on Germany at a point as well.

Kind regards, Michael

Why don't making another change?. Just buy another sim, you can have three choices: the upcoming new one, P3Dv5 (coming up later this year, but no news about when exactly) or X-Plane (who I think is preparing the new version 12).

I own all currents civilian sims (P3D4, XP11, AeroflyFS2 [not to mentions FlyinsideFS]). Based on my experience, this suggestion may have some merits, but also some drawbacks.

(i) You must be really rich to stuff all of them with up-to-date addons (that's what John Venema suggested time ago ... for obvious reasons). Or you select only one of them for adding addons only, then the other ones will look poor and you soon get tired of them,

(ii) You have to maintain all of them with updates, not only for the sim but also for the addons. With at least three sims, this time stacks up considerably. So, even if there is a host of freeware available for AeroflyFS2, it takes quite some time to properly install it, even more, as it usually comes without any installers.

(iii) All of the simes need special configurations, keystroks you have to recall, sometimes little tricks to get them running properly, notably under VR etc. I use a configuration with my controls connected to a networked laptop for P3D using SPAD.neXt, while I have to reconnect them to the main machine for XP11 and AeroflyFS2. Then, there is often "something" not working properly after changing configuration.

And so on. Personally, I got tired of spending money and time for just buying addons for and maintaining three sims instead of flying. So XP11 fell out of the loop. I'll certainyl have to re-evaluate the situation after the new MSFS will become available.

Kind regards, Michael

With the Reverb (or possibly any VR HMD ), I heartily recommend the ORBX Monterrey scenery. It just seems to be one of the most real and best performing airports. Stay close to it in any aircraft and fly low over it in the biplane or whatever and you will be amazed at how good it looks in the Reverb. Low passes down RWY10 let you test for smoothness of reprojection and is just plain fun! There are other good airports (like LOWI ), but they did this one very nicely.

I've done this several times in the Turbo Arrow, previously using my ACER AH101 and now the Reverb. Taking off from KSFO and flying along the coast line finally approaching KMRY is a great visual experience indeed. The whole airport up to the jet parking plus the whole Cannery Row city is outstanding.

We really need more of this class of aiports. But that's been done by Jarrad Marshall who's just a class of his own (but unfortunately gave up on AeroflyFS2).

Kind regards, Michael