Posts by 4535jacks

I used play the live ATC app for Zurich in the background (on the same ipad) while I was playing Aerofly to simulate radio traffic. This used to work well and both the engine sounds from Aerofly and the radio chatter would play at the same time. Now the two apps won't run at the same time.

Is there anyway that I can play the two apps at the same time as it adds to the realism and is an easy fix for the constant request to add ATC sounds.

Gary

A helicopter would be great but on mobile devices they are often over simplified without the requirement to input yaw to counter the increase in torque turn when collective is increased. Also they generally have an auto-throttle linked to the collective rather separate inputs for collective and throttle.

I remember that IPACS had a Robinson r22 in development on their facebook page so fingers crossed it will released this year.

Gary

With two very nice WW2 aircraft in the sim, have you considered introducing a standalone combat flight sim. I like the idea of the following two options:

1. A Pacific campaign with a scenery pack containing a few islands but mainly ocean (should reduce the memory requirements). Small airfields on each island with some belonging to the U.S. and some to Japan. Keep the corsair and lightning and add a fighter (wildcat or mustang), dive bomber and a medium bomber (B-25 Mitchell maybe). Add similar aircraft for the Japanese. The real challenge would be creating the AI or multiplayer mode and animating destruction i.e planes being shot down and bombs exploding. Gunship3d has proven this that this can be done well on mobile devices but add in your level of scenery, flight physics and cockpit details and you have the best on most popular mobile combat flight sim on the market which would attract a new customer base to your products.

2. A WW1 Northern France campaign with a map of the trenches. Keep the camel and add few other allied and axis aircraft such as neuports, fokkers and RACs. The good thing about this idea is that the aircraft are simple and although the scenery would need to be more detailed than in concept 1, the map could be small because of the low speed of the aircraft.

Just some food for thought!

Gary

I have to use a lot of rudder (nearly full and one wheel brake) on my real world aircraft (tailwheel) when taking off with a heavy crosswind. Especially at the early stages of the take off toll where rudder authority is minimal. Quick and positive footwork is a must for any taildragger pilot!

Gary

I really like all the extra airports and like the tips that come up on the load up screen. One of the tips explains how to minimise the autopilot controls.

There are lots of subtle changes in this update which all add up to one major improvement, well done ipacs!

I really like some of the new airports particularly those to the northwest of San Francisco as the surrounding scenery is stunning.

What is your favourite airport or airfield in AF2?

I would live to see one two small grass strips for the light aircraft and any bush aircraft included in the future.

It would seem that you can now fly a 180nm straight flight between airports.

Gary

IPACS, thanks for the new update which has now sorted the speed display on the autopilot control panel on the 737. It makes the 737 so much easier to fly from the cockpit view. That said the autopilot speed display is still not working in the A320 and B747. Hopefully you will be able to fix this in one of the next updates.........

Love the P38 BTW!

Gary

I think to keep this simple, everyone should limit it to the three things they would like to see most. For me:

1. Increased aircraft functionality e.g lights, eng on/off, mags, carb heat, extra slider for prop and mixture, trim, parking brake, separate air brake, nav etc.
    2. selectable nav freqs inc vor, ADF and vor hdgs
    3. Revamped navigation page with ability to create plog which can be easily referenced when flying. nav page/map should show all navaids including NDBs and list freqs.

I don't like the f-18 app as it does not have rudder control. All of the phanovatives games (soaring 3d, gunship etc) have cumulus clouds that you can fly right up to but no cirrus or stratus clouds that would give real depth to the aerofly Sky. My guess is that implementing clouds is not that difficult but implementing clouds that react to the changing lighting conditions and time of day in AF2 would be a real challenge and would use a lot of memory and processor power to render.

Brilliant, will the hotfix update also fix the autopilot IAS indicator on the A320 and B737 as well. At the moment this instrument does not work in any of the airliners which makes using the autopilot without the flight info bar near impossible.

It seems that a lot of customers of both this and rival sims are asking for some regional commercial prop aircraft to make best use of the limited scenery. People seem to want ATRs, Dashs, Saabs and dorniers. Still no developer has filled this gap in the mobile sim market and I for one would love to see Aerofly be the first.

Any plans to add such an aircraft?

Gary

I like the new autopilot as you can use without the flight info bar but because it is difficult to use due to the lack of a speed display on the autopilot panel. This makes speed control near impossible with AP engaged. Also it appears that there is no autoplit master off to turn all AP systems off with one click instead you have to turn alt, Hdg, spd and VS off individual.

IPACS are going in the right direction with the AP in this update but are not quite there yet.

Happy landings,

Gary