Posts by 4535jacks

I have just noticed the new liveries for the C172, very nice! I do hope you can add the robin in the future.

I do not agree with the remark about a HUD view. I think that is better suited to the arcade style of your competitors. I for one fly pretty much exclusively from the cabin view and appreciate the extra detail. I do hope you look to increase the aircraft functionality in 2015.

Have you considered using some of the avid and knowledgable fans on this forum as beta testers so we highlight the bugs on future updates before public release and provide customer feedback and critique?

There seems to be a lot of negative points on here. I think most people are very impressed with the release and it is certainly an achievement. People always prefer to pick faults rather provide praise where it is due. Most of us realise that this is V1 of the new app and is just a taste of what is to come and still fully support the IPACS team in their endeavours. So on behalf of the fans, keep up the good work and well done.

P.s. Can't wait for the 737 release.

Regards as ever,

Gary

I am loving the new app and I can't wait until we can fly international and until we have increased functionality, particularly changing VOR and ILS freqs for ourselves. I am not going to request any major changes as the app is so new and I am still finding my way but I would like to request a few hot-fixes:

1. I cannot use both the power and rudder sliders at the same time, instead it just zooms in and out. This making landing tricky.
    2. The autopilot speed gauge on the flight director panel on the A320 doesn't work, all the other gauges on that panel do.

I look forward to seeing the high resolution terrain if my iPad mini with retina display is powerful enough!

Gary

Thanks for the progress report, a few more questions if I may?

Will Aerofly FS 2 runs smoother or quicker on iOS 8 rather than iOS 7?

Will there be the option to add more features on the iPad mini with retina display (1.3GHz A7 chip) or this tablet already too old and not powerful enough.

It is great to see these developments but I am concerned that if development of apps like AF continue at its current rate, many devices will become too slow within 12 months of release which will make it expensive hobby for those wanting the full AF experience. I am personally toying with the idea of buying a powerful android tablet such as the nvidia tegra. Since these devices are generally cheaper to buy, it will be easier to replace regularly in order to keep up with the fast pace of app development.

Do you any plans to prioritise android development alongside iOS so that updates would come to both systems at the same time?

Regards,

Gary

Unfortunately I am running an ipad3 with retina display and a new mini again with retina display. I prefer to use the larger ipad as the instruments are easier to read and it is more immersive but may have to switch to my mini for the better performance :(. I assume that we will keep aerofly one as it is now.

Does that mean that the new feature like night and ILS will only be available in California and not Switzerland or will both regions be available on the new version?

Infinite Flight have just realised a 747 and it will be interesting to see how it compares to aeroflys. Without working instruments I know who will get my vote!

The new screenshots look great and it is great to see the localiser and glideslope indicators working on the MFDs. One thing in particular that I am keen to see updated is a way of using the autopilot whilst having the info bar disabled. I know you guys have put a lot of time and effort into working instruments and so I like to use them as much as possible!

Out of interest, what sort of system have you used to control which ILS, DNB and VOR freqs are selected? Does the programme automatically select the nearest freq like on infinite flight or can the user choose them from a list or by entering the relevant freq manually?

Please ignore the comments about the cost of the update and the requests for free aircraft. Those of us that are true fans are appreciative of all the hard work that goes into the sim and it's updates. We are more than happy to pay knowing that we are effectively investing in the future of sim and that our money will enable further features and aircraft to be added further down the line.

Thanks again for all your hardwork.

Gary

Dear Aerofly,

I have been watching the recent Facebook posts with interests and I am certainly looking forward to the upcoming major update. So far the posts have hinted at new features such as a global map, replay and night flying including lit cockpits. I am also assuming that there will a handful of new aircraft as well.

Over the past nine months you have hinted at further features such as more functionality and ILS and VOR Nav but I have not seen these mentioned in your recent posts.

Are you in a position to give a summary of the new features and major changes that can be expected in the new iOS version and what will delayed until a subsequent update?

I have been watching the progress of Aerofly and Infinite Flight with interest and I have to say that for me, Aerofly is the winner. I am after a more adult sim where functionality and realism is favoured over aircraft types and multiplayer. I hope that one day the iOS version of Aerofly will allow us more control of the aircraft including prop and mixture controls, modelled carb heat, switchable lights, engine on and off and mags and a usable radio and transponder.

Another question I have is whether you will be selling any addon scenery with a higher level of detail that can be used outside of Switzaland such as Heathrow. I personally would be happy to pay for extra orbx style scenery packs to add to the lower detail global scenery and I am sure that it would be a god source of revenue for ipacs.

Keep up the good work.

Gary

I was wondering if you guys were planning an update to the autopilot controls so the autopilot can still be used even if the flight info bar is disabled?

I like to fly with the flight info bar disabled so I have use the instruments to check altitude and speed.

Regards as ever,

Gary

I will give this challenge a go. I have been meaning to come up with a new challenge, possibly an instrument flying challenge where you will have to fly with the vis right down and follow a flight plan with a series of headings, speeds (wind will be set to zero) and leg times. The final leg will include a set speed, heading and rate of descent and will effectively put you on finals to a certain airport. To prove that you completed the challenge all you have to do is state the destination airfield and runway number! Simples.

This will be even better when the update comes out and we can rnav and ils.

Gary

Thanks for the reply, I am not trying to push for a date of release as I realise that these things take time and I am happy to wait. The whole earth system you mention is interesting and I assume that being developed for international travel for example using the airliners and biz jets as those wanting a short flight in a light aircraft will probably stick to the currently map to enjoy the stunning scenery. I am sure that the basic scenery will still look great at 30,000ft plus which is the height at which most of it will be viewed by most pilots. Will the mobile devices have sufficient memory to support more detailed scenery around particular airports such as Heathrow, Paris and Berlin for those wanting to simulate international commercial flights?

Gary

Recognising that we still have some time to wait for the release of the new update, could IPACS please provide their fans with an idea of how the development is progressing and if any other new features are to be added.

Also I hope the developers are watching the release of infinite flight live with interest. The multiplayer seems very popular although currently very young players are ruining it for the more serious simmers. I don't think that Aerofly FS would experience the same issues due to the very different customer base and target audience.

Keep up the good work.

Gary

Dear IPACS,

I would like to know whether your planned update will reduce the quality of the game on ipad 3 due to the limitations of the device. I remember that the last update reduced the quality of the aircraft models on ipad 1&2 and for that would put me off of the simulator. I am hoping that the next update will be fully compatible with ipad 3 without any reduction in gameplay or graphics quality.

Gary

I would love to see some multi engine vintage aircraft added to the game. In particular I think that the Junkers JU-52 would be perfect as it is unique, slow enough that it would take time to fly from Geneva to Zurich, was flown in the Alps and can be landed on both concrete and grass. Here are a few pictures.

Who else would love to see the beautiful JU-52 added to Aerofly FS?

Gary

I think that multiplayer is the only way to remove the repetition that you find with other games, particularly if Aerofly can introduce gliding comps and air races but for me having a multiplayer but no working instruments and visually offensive scenery is not a recipe for success. I think that without these fundamental features the game will be very limited and people will soon tire of it. I can see Aerofly developing into the adult sim for those who want greater realism whereas infinite flight will become the sim for kids (just look at their Facebook page). If in a few years, Aerofly introduces a multiplayer with working radios and navaids then I think it will be much more enduring and the choice of the serious simmers.

I don't infinite flight's multiplayer will be that good as it will be full of kids declaring emergencies and purposefully crashing into each other. Some fans are already planning multiplayer rooms for serious simmers and are demanding that people complete a VFR written test in order to gain access! For me this still won't be enough due to the lack of working instruments and radio/nav functionality.

I don't think Aerofly will ever be as popular as IF as it's target customer base is not so lucrative but I really hope they keep developing the game for adults, experienced simmers and real world pilots. Aerofly should better recognise their customer demographic and increase the difficulty of the game (fully realistic flight dynamics inc spins).

I am happy to wait for good updates from Aerofly but it would nice to hear more from them and for more dialogue between developers and customers.

Gary

I completely agree and I don't understand why it is so popular. For me working instrument, realistic scenery and buildings are more important that multiplayer, replay or a large fleet of airliners. I think that IF is designed for the arcade hungry masses whereas Aerofly is for the more discerning simmer who wants a more realistic sim and is likely to spend the majority of his/her time in cockpit view. So keep up the great work as we can't wait for more functionality and VOR/ILS.

Also since I like to spend 99% of my time in cockpit view how about modelling a large vintage commercial aircraft with a cockpit teeming with lovely dials and gauges! This is missing from both Aerofly and IF.

Tristan, I took a different route that used more low ground so didn't have to thermal as high. Gliding is great way to learn to fly and understand attitude and energy management. I leant to fly gliders before I started powered flying and I am so glad I did! In fact I am off for a weeks gliding next week to brush up some of flying techniques that have got a bit sloppy due to flying with an engine up front. It will be nice to see some more powered challenges but until we get vor and ILS then is quite limited. Someone could come up with a flight plan where we have to fly on particular heading at a certain speed for an exact time and complete several leg that will end us on approach to an unknown airport. We then name the airport to show we have completed the challenge. Obviously weather will need to be the same for everyone but this will be a real challenge of accurate hand flying and the rules will be no use of info bar, auto pilot or map from start to finish. This will mean the whole will need to be flown in cockpit view and using the instruments. Players will also need to climb to altitudes at set climb speeds and descent at particular rates.

Gary

My route:

I have a challenge for you, it is one I completed recently. Fly from schänis to ulrichen in a glider. You start at the normal start height above schänis (1000ft AGL) and you cannot land and relaunch anywhere and cannot increase height using the button or use the engine if you choose the discus or use autopilot. I used the ASG29 and it took about 1.5hours of hand flying and ALOT of thermally. The beauty of this challenge is route selection. There are many routes available each with its own challenges. You can select nil wind but once at Ulrichen you must complete a LH circuit and land on 05.

Good Luck