Posts by rififi2712

Hi, just bought Aerofly FA Global after skipping the last 2 releases and I am blown away by the content.

Lots of super detailed new planes, global scenery, pushback!

I just wanted to request a new feature for the UI.

A little 2 way trim switch. It would really help with flying and would be much more practical than what we need to do no (operate the little trim switch on the yoke with touch controls)

I know auto trim can be turned on but where is the fun in that ;)

Also, something to use the favorite view with the touchscreen, like dragging up/left/down on the camera switch to quickly access views we marked as favorite.

Thanks for reading.

Rififi

In A320 flight computer in INIT / APPR it's BARO & RADIO what you are looking for. You can only set one of them (I don't know why) but in both case they have no effect in Aerofly FS 2019.

• BARO is your minimum altitude (airport elevation + MDH (minimum decision altitude)):
      • BARO+100 Airbus callout is "100 ABOVE"
      • BARO Airbus callout is "MINIMUMS"
    • RADIO Airbus callout is "RETARD, RETARD"
      • RADIO is 20

I'm sure they will add it one of these days (auto programmed in the flight computer based on flight plan maker of course)

RADIO and BARO is just a different source for the minimums and hundred above calls.

BARO is used to set a DA or MDA when doing Non Precision approaches or a CAT I ILS. Minimums will be announced with reference to barometric altitude.

RADIO is used to set a DH when doing a CAT III ILS for example. Minimums will be announced with reference to the Radio Altimeter.

The RETARD callout is automatic at 20’.

I understand your position, I think having such a simple UI with complex aircrafts is really pleasing. I understand you cannot map every switch in the cockpit to a UI switch, and it’s not required at all since we don’t have to constantly interact with them. However I believe that the trim in particular would make a lot of sense. Maybe make it optional depending on the option for auto trim selected by the user for those with little space?

It’s just that IRL you have a nice little switch right under your thumb that you can use, while scanning and operating all the other essential controls.

Auto trim kinda feels like cheating and gives you less feed-back about what’s happening, for example if you have to keep a nose down input you know you are fast, etc

The autotrim on mobile sends trim signals to the aircraft if you keep holding up elevator or down elevator. This reduces the need to keep holding the device tilted and makes it easier to control the aircraft. It's very helpful for aircraft with a wide speed spectrum where you need a lot of trim. Of course the fly by wire aircraft (A320, A380, F18,...) already do this on their own just like in the real world.

The B777 does use autotrim but not directly. You trim it to a certain airspeed and if you then pull pull up and get slower you will need to hold back elevator.

If you turn the option off you will have to look down during the flight and either trim with the yoke switch or by manipulating the trim wheel.

If you fly on copilot or on autopilot the trim is also done automatically for you.

Please consider adding a two way trim switch on the UI, it is really an essential control in fast jets and being able to operate it properly (the trim is very hard to use with the fingers, especially if it’s a switch and not a wheel) would make the experience much nicer.

Thanks !

Hello IPACS, sorry for creating a lot of threads recently.

The feature we need the most now is a trim switch on the User Interface. Trimming is one of the most important things in flying and in planes like the C172, it’s not an issue because the trim wheel is fairly easy to operate with the fingers.

However in the C90 B58 L45 777 747 737 it is very hard to trim.

it is always nicer to fly in trim but when for example you disengage the AP at 280 knots and slow down for a manual approach it is essential to trim in order to retain full nose up elevator capability to achieve a good approach and flare.

I believe a simple rocker switch somewhere on the UI at thumbs reach would be immensely useful.

Thank you in advance and please consider it :) sorry for the many threads recently.