Posts by flightxtreme

Trespassers "There's some adjustment needed to get a satisfactory Hardwinter with the routine, no big deal, I can give you some hints if you're interested."

Sure, I am interested.

You are right about "the rest" beside of the Ortho textures. But it is a try. Also cultivation needs to be changed for the roof textures, I guess.

Concerning cultivation I really looking forward for any update to give us much more flexibility here. Would be a big help.

Well... I don't see the point doing trans continental flights if you don't fly the whole time - there are enough inner continental destinations to use if you have only short time available. But of cause, this is just a personal opinion from a GA pilot who likes to feel the wind from the prop in front. :)

I know, there is only one season in AFFS 2. This is ok, especially because there are no choice of Ortho downloads, currently you can get normally only one season.

Now, FSET is producing for FSX with some picture manipulations different kind of source bitmaps to offer seasons and night textures.

So I thought, is there a concept to easily switch between the texture sets?

Well, there is one, and only one very interesting entry in the main.mcf file, one that possibly a lot of us already use: extra_user_folder

So what I try to do now is:

Having for each season one extra_user_folder destination, putting all season specific files in there. All the season independent files getting straight to the normal Addon folder C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery

I can even use different physical hard drives, so the argument the size will be much too much for one dive is not really an argument.

After compiling the sources for each season I only need to change the entry in extra_user_folder.

I will try this with the Bavaria scenery. :)

This content switch could also be a solution, if the loading time will get too long. If you know, you will not fly from continent to another, you can split the addons by continent. Then just switch the extra_user_folder to the continent you want to fly and only the parts you really need will be scanned during the sim start. But this is only a guess since there can be different loading times if Aerofly finds new files, I just don't know how aerofly handle this. This is just a guess.

Any comments?

(Of cause a disclaimer: Any manual change in the main.mcf can lead to a corrupt mcf and any configuration could be gone afterwards. So make a backup and please, be very careful what you are doing. Don't blame IPACS or me if it goes wrong. :P)

Well that was the point in including the world. Its okay if you stay up there and the world below you is still recognizable. So for cruise its actually not that bad. And for the trans Atlantic route where its just water.... :D

Hey, water is not water. There are so many different types of water... *just kidding. :D

Well, I should be able to do a basic airport tsc file with cultivation. (The same I do in all other places at the moment.)

French airports I haven't got source data yet.

If you like, make the airport at cloud-port, so I can integrate it.

Concerning ILS: I don't know much about to implement this if it is not already there.

yes, this one more reason to go down there. I know your project. I really don't want to do your work, just make the transition nice. ;)

If I get my hands on a version and / or a bit information about the size of your area I can try to find the best way to integrate your scenery.

This is looking fantastic. For the next sector, I would vote L - I'll be in the minority, clearly, but that contains my birthplace. If only I had some spare time I'd get working on it though (but my 16 months old daughter still wakes up many times every night, so at this stage I'm not even flying AFS2 more than 1h per month (sometime less)

Where is it? Possibly I can do the cultivation at one airfield for you personally.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…-germany-1-0-0/

Aerofly FS 2 Addon Scenery flightXtreme

Included are 105 (very) basic airport data and cultivation of the whole area.
    Version 1.0

This is the first part of scenery I try to build for the Aerofly FS 2.
    I decided to make Level 7 Parts to make a manageable aera as well as a suitable size
    for your foto scenery. Sadly I cannot provide you with the foto scenery. You need to
    build it on your own, tools an help can be found on the IPACS Aerofly homepage.

If you have already an airport scenery in this area, simply rename
    the ...tsc file to ...off so the file from this package will not be used by the sim.

Install: Copy the scenery folder into your addon folder of your aerofly fs 2.
    Be carefull to place also the building_textures folder in the correct place, the ZIP
    include the correct layout.

If you have IPACS Switzerland:
    There could be some duplicated cultivations.
    If so, try to turn of TOC Files by renaming them to 'off'
    Also turn off (rename from ...tsc to ...off all airports,
    already covered by IPACS Switzerland:
    LSMF_Mollis
    LSZX_Schaenis
    LSMD_Duebendorf
    LSZH_Zuerich Kloten
    LSZK_Speck-Fehraltorf
    LSZR_St Gallen

If you have improved airport files or other landscape objects you want to provide,
    so I can include it into a future package, it is welcome.

Use it on your own risk, I take no warranty.

(c) 2018 flightXtreme
    micha@flightxtreme.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want the photo scenery, use this data to build it for example with the tool FSET:

Area

Area

Name: 8600_A600

Level: 7

Ref Point:
    Latitude: 46.7444003950914
    Longitude: 8.4375

BoundingBox: (minX;maxX;minY;maxY)
    8.4375;11.25;46.7444003950914;48.6138704750471

Height: 207.719 km
    Top width: 206.603 km
    Bottom width: 214.142 km

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airportlist:
    LSMF_Mollis
    LSPV_Wangen-Lachen
    LSZX_Schaenis
    EDTZ_Konstanz
    LSMD_Duebendorf
    LSPA_Amlikon
    LSPH_Winterthur
    LSPK_Hasenstrick
    LSZH_Zuerich Kloten
    LSZK_Speck-Fehraltorf
    LSZN_Hausen am Albis
    LSZT_Lommis
    EDS048_Hilzingen
    EDS049_Klippeneck
    EDS050_Leibertingen
    EDSI_Binningen
    EDSL_Blumberg
    EDSN_Neuhausen ob Eck
    EDSR_Radolfzell-Stahringen
    EDTD_Donaueschingen-Villingen
    EDTS_Schwenningen
    EDU022_Sauldorf
    LSPF_Schaffhausen
    EDS072_Haiterbach-Nagold
    EDS073_Musbach
    EDS074_Farrenberg
    EDSA_Albstadt-Degerfeld
    EDSP_Poltringen
    EDSZ_Rottweil-Zepfenhan
    EDTE_Eutingen
    EDU032_Laitgai-Hechingen
    EDU033_Boesingen
    EDU034_Sulz
    EDU035_Pfalzgrafenweiler Durrweiler-Heselbach
    LSZE_Bad Ragaz
    EDNY_Friedrichshafen
    EDS043_Wildberg
    LOIH_Hohenems
    LSZR_St Gallen
    LSZV_Sitterdorf
    EDMB_Biberach an der Riss
    EDP004_Bad Waldsee-Reute
    EDS051_Markdorf
    EDS052_Heiligenberg
    EDS053_Riedlingen
    EDS054_Bad Buchau-Federsee
    EDTM_Mengen-Hohentengen
    EDTP_Pfullendorf
    EDTU_Saulgau
    EDU023_Amtzell
    EDU024_Berg
    EDMC_Blaubeuren
    EDP006_Metzingen
    EDPB_Bad Ditzenbach
    EDPJ_Laichingen
    EDS063_Ehingen-Schlechtenfeld
    EDS064_Hayingen
    EDS065_Oppingen-Au
    EDS066_Berneck
    EDS067_Dettingen-Teck
    EDS068_Huelben
    EDS069_Rossfeld
    EDS070_Muensingen-Eisberg
    EDS071_Uebersberg
    EDSG_Grabenstetten
    EDTN_Nabern-Teck
    EDU031_Magolsheim
    EDU032_Seissen
    EDS044_Agathazeller Moos
    EDJA_Memmingen
    EDMK_Kempten
    EDMN_Mindelheim
    EDMT_Tannheim
    EDNL_Leutkirch
    EDS055_Isny-Rotmoos
    EDS056_Kisslegg-Wangen
    EDS057_Ochsenhausen
    EDU025_Argenbuehl-Eisenharz
    EDU026_Immenried-Kisslegg
    EDU027_Goerisried
    EDU028_Wolkenberg-Wilpoldsried
    EDMG_Guenzburg-Donauried
    EDMI_Illertissen
    EDMU_Gundelfingen
    EDNE_Erbach
    EDNU_Thannhausen
    EDNW_Weissenhorn
    EDS061_Leipheim
    EDS062_Urspring
    EDU030_Kettershausen
    ETHL_Laupheim
    EDS045_Fuessen
    EDS046_Poemetsried
    EDS047_Eschenlohe Werdenfels
    LOIR_Reutte
    EDNH_Bad Woerishofen-Nord
    EDP005_Landstetten
    EDPZ_Paterzell
    EDS058_Kaufbeuren
    EDS059_Bad Woerishofen
    EDS060_Geratshof
    EDS061_Peissenberg-Fendt
    EDU029_Peiting
    ETHA_Altenstadt
    ETSA_Landsberg

I take the airport position, the tower position and all runway position data from the suiss addon, put a radius around it and remove all objects from my generated cultivation files inside that area. I like to have the original airport buildings and not the generic generated OSM data objects where ever I can.

Normally I just loop through every object inside the existing airports and make a small exclude radius for my cultivation files. Not working for the swiss addon. :)