Posts by flightxtreme

I also see some loading stutter in Amsterdam. It is just like in the Chicago scenery. I suspect it is inevitable.

Same here. I had similar problems with uncompiled huge cultivation files in my own area. Possibly the big amount of special objects? I should try to move the Netherland True Earth scenery to the smaller SSD to see if it's any difference.

Can someone compare Amsterdam Airport with the P3D Version? Is it the same Detail and just the movable Fingers are missing from the PD Version? Or is it designed from scratch?

Good Morning, Jakob.

-What source data do you use, Google or Bing?

Google - more current pictures, most tie better resolution and some airports like Erding you will find in Bing map pixeled.

-What level do you use in "FSET" or "AeroScenery" when downloading the image data, 0.5 m / Px, 1 m / Pix?

Differently. download in FSET with Level 4 for whole area, Level 1 big radius round airports, Level 0 small radius around airport, Level -1 for special interest areas (heliport) and if google gives this detail.

-What level for AFS2, Level 9, 10, 11 .... 15?

Geoconvert Level 7 to 11 everywhere, Level 12 big radius, Level 13 and 14 small radius, Level 15 spezial interest

-Do you edit your Images (PhotoShop) before using GeoConvert?

I don't. Too much work at this time. But this is why my scenery is a bit dark. One day, when I switch to detailed airport and landmark design I will possibly rework one or two source bitmaps to avoid painted bridges if I have an object of the bridge or similar.

-Did you rework the water "Bodensee / Lake Constance" (to see on your shot: Friedrichshafen?

The water is coming from my conversion.

-How do you design the transition at the border of Germany and the IPACS Switzerland?

:D I just removed the image files from the Swiss DLC. They converted the borders with low resolution source in high resolution map tiles. So I just removed everything and outside looks like inside Swiss DLC.

-What is the name of the wonderfully modeled airfield on the screenshots of your posts # 23 and # 27? And is the airfield anywhere to buy?

This is original Grenchen Swiss DLC.

At the moment my intension is to produce a lot flyable area with minimum time of work. The creation of the photo scenery took most of the time. The basic airport data I have auto-converted from xml data for the relevant countries. The cultivation is coming from a big OSM Xml file for europe and auto-converted by extracting the data, building the script and starting Arnos converter. For removing flickering in cultivation files and exclude cultivation at airport objects I also wrote a tool to automate this step.

All of this makes me quiet fast to add areas in the quality of the screenshots. I don't do regional cultivation, this is just the one from the SDK.

Just some more data:

This are my source files for my Extra repaint, use it to build your own. Or change the Sequence-Card. :)

Package 1 Update. In the description is what you have to disable to avoid flickers.

Beside of that two missing airfields added: EDU021_Taufkirchen, LI001_Brunneck

Working on Bavaria South-West, this will reach into the Swiss-DLC. I could be faster but the rendering of the photo scenery took most of the time.

Again, photo scenery cannot be included.

In general, I am working on level 7 tiles to make it as easy as possible to exchange parts and nobody needs masks.

There is one automation I have done I can share with you.

- First I had converted AFCAD files (Airport-Data) to TSC files. This is not really useful, since the P3D Data is misplaced.

- Then I create the basic TSC files using Google-Maps and entering the data manual. Takes some time. ;)

- Now I use data from https://openflightmaps.org/live/ especially the AIXM 4.5 XML Data. I convert them to KMZ data for display so I can check in which level 7 part the airfields are located, also I already automatically create the TSC files with the AIXM 4.5 data. Works great.

For your favor. ;)

And a video. (I know, there is still some flickering cultivation on ground and the scenery could be a higher resolution, but this is just a landmark.) ;)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well, because normal system checks from Dell suggest to do so. And it is a quiet new model, so from time to time there are updates, also BIOS Updates. Why should I not update? Also I had important updates in the past for the previous laptop, since they made rubbish to control the fan until an update comes out.

So the only solution is to contact support? Or is there a possibility to officially unregister before the update without uninstalling the whole sim?

Their's a thing that I do not understand, what's the difference between calculating the pixels's light level everytime the airplane moves and create a shadow and doing the sme thing for lights?

Well... One source of light against multi source? And shadows just darken the scenery (ok, it depends. If you would render the sun as a disk you would have half-shadows... ) where light is influenced by the material it hits.

Can someone confirm this? Every time, I update the BIOS the Activation of the Aerofly FS 2 is gone and I have to reenter the key which is only possible for one more time?

In the short time I run my Alianware PC I get from time to time an BIOS Update. Every time after that the Activation of AFFS2 was gone. First time I could reenter the key, second time I needed to contact the support for a new key which took some time because I bought the DVD at Aerosoft but both support worked fine.

Today I had a new BIOS Update and again the activation was gone. Luckily the new activation key was working but I expect I need to contact support again the next time.

What is the recommended way for a BIOS Update so I don't loss my AFFS2 activation?