Posts by flightxtreme

Really nice... :) I HAD to do it. :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Can you compile the toc files? The scenery would work a bit more smooth.

In between we all known the extra_user_folder tweak to move sceneries away from the c:\users\[user]\documents.... drive.

But what happens, if this drive is also full?

I tried it with normal links from one directory to the other, this does not work.

But windows know since Win7 another possibility: symlinks.

With these windows thinks the linked place is a part of the same harddrive.

And this works with aerofly fs 2!

Example:

My addon folder is here:

D:\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Addons\

Here I have the szenery Tanzania that I just move (not copy) to a different harddrive.
    from

D:\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Addons\scenery\Tanzania

to

Z:\Hardlinks\Tanzania

Then I open the command line (cmd) and enter:

mklink /J "D:\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Addons\scenery\tanzania" "Z:\Hardlinks\Tanzania"

After "enter" he build a "hard" link "Tanzania" in D:\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Addons\scenery\

it looks like a standard link in the file explorer.

Start Aerofly and you will see that the scenery still loads perfectly. :)

You can see a german explanation here:

https://www.giga.de/downloads/…llen-mit-mklink-so-gehts/

or just search for mklink or symlink

Uhm... I do not have a steam version. Just the DVD version.

Best, Micha

The replay works exactly like the 2d replay, just without the slider.

Press P for pause,

PlaybackStart to start the playback

PlaybackStop to stop the playback

PlaybackBack to rewind to start.

You have the freedom to change between any view, under VR or 2d or both.

Just try it.

I just wondering, if I can change/add the view configurations. (Of cause, making a backup of the mcf file before.)

<[tmsettings_view][element][7]

<[string8][name][view_model_01]>

<[float64][fov][0.760278593442839]>

<[vector3_float64][position][0 0 0]>

<[matrix3_float64][direction][1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1]>

>

Anyone played around with this part before?

I can also zoom, just had forgotten how. :D

Uh... terrible first part... It was better under VR. Start in the middle of the video aprox 8:50.

External Content www.twitch.tv
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I just complained a lot about not having a replay functionality under VR conditions.

How can I be so wrong (or did I miss when this was implemented?)

Just assign buttons or key strokes to these functions, it is working in VR mode as well.

(Now I just miss to save and reload flights. ;) )

You can see the used script in the working folder. Open sceneprog and run the script generated by osm2affs2 manually. There you should see what is going on.

For the first: Yes, just take the newest version of scensproc and modify the template the way you described it. I have not tested it yet, but it should work.

Second: I build some building_textures variation for the comores. If you put the files into the template folder from osm2affs2 you have more variations but it is more designed for Africa. Or just drop your own variations into it.

I will redo all the cultivation for Czech Republic after finishing the tiles with elevation and ortho and so on. Then I will use the newest script plus much more building_textures variations.

Interesting that it should not work for you with the external user folder.

At least for the DVD-Version this is working for me:

<[string8][extra_user_folder][D:\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator Addons]>

But important is, that inside elevation, images and places is another sub folder. If not it can lead to not display the content:

Let us just come back to the topic of this thread, should we? ;)

I asked my questions to decide, if the offer is suitable for me. I can do the ortho scenery. This is just a time problem. I can also make some basic airports, if necessary. I just want to make sure, the mesh offered is suitable to land and not too bumpy at all the scottish airfields. And that no cultivation is in the way of installing airports that may come. If the first is the case the mesh from this addon I cannot use. If the second is not the case the cultivation I cannot use.

If both is ok, the addon is an option.

No airports? No basic tsc files? Where can I start? Is the mesh flatten in the area of the airports and/or airfields so someone can build them? If not, I would have to build my own mesh as long as AFFS does not support a kind of external flatten definition. What about the cultivation. Are the airports/airfields excluded or are they also covered with buildings, lights and trees?