Posts by Trisnpod

Hi tadydrift, welcome to the forum. If you look around some of the threads on here multiplayer has already been suggested a few times, even once on this thread I think and the devs have said it wouldn't be possible due to device limitations. Because of the high standard graphics on aerofly it wouldn't be possible to have more than one plane flying around on the map. Radio has also been suggested and is a feature that is supposed to be coming up soon in an update.
    The devs also say they have plans to extend to map, but as mention in another thread you can already fly around the globe, just with lower res textures and no navigation support.
    I think it would take a while to make a flight school individual to each plane, and there wouldn't be much point; the same skills apply to pretty much every plane except the gliders. A seperate flight school for gliders would be good though. You can find many good tutorial videos on YouTube and some people here have even offered to make some and post them on this forum!
    I quite like the way that the brake is on the same slider as the throttle, and when the controls confusion glitch (as mention in the bugs thread) is fixed, it will work much better.
    Tristan

When I bought my ipad mini1 I did know that the 2 would be coming out soon, but back then I hadn't discovered aerofly so I didn't think I had real need for a faster device. I don't remember if they actually said that the 2 would be faster, I just remember that it was to have retina. I feel most sorry for the people on iPods, because they cant upgrade to a faster ipod because there isn't one.

On infinite flight you can watch a replay and start flying from any point in it. I think this would be a good feature for aerofly as it is great for practicing landings.
    Also, the navigation feature draws a route that is often unsuitable for larger, faster, less manoeuvrable aircraft such as the 747 and the A320. I struggle to get a good landing when I have to turn right before landing. It should draw the route depending on the type of aircraft you are flying. The route also doesn't take takeoff into account and wants you to turn immediately after leaving the runway.

Wow Gary there isn't much difference for you between the AF1 A320 and the AF2 A320! It must be because I am on a lower end device. I didn't realise that AF1 also had a system to select better graphics depending on your device, but I did suspect after realising that the screenshots of the cockpit interior on the app description looked better than they on the game.

Another thing for the wish list - we still don't have the piper archer, the swift s1, the robin DR400, the discus bm, the Beechcraft duchess or the wright flyer on Aerofly 2! I hope IPACS have plans to put these planes on in an upcoming update.

Hi Gary, that is interesting to know about the eye recognising camera thing because I was wondering whether it would be worth getting one of the future generation of iPads or getting an iPad mini 2. I don't think there is much memory difference between the iPad mini 2 and the 3, the only difference seems to be the Touch ID which I'm not too bothered about since it costs and extra £100 or so.

Hi, I have been out most of today and I was suprised by all the posts that have been flooding in! Even as I am writing this, I have just got a notification of a new post here. Overloaded my night lightning and shadows are fine, it is just at sunset/sunrise that the ground seems far too dark. On my earlier post I was referring to RAM but I didn't word it very well; to many difference kinds of memory! On retina, the little squares and lines (aliases?) are much less visible but without retina you really notice them, particularly on the baron.

This is the baron on Aerofly 1

This is the baron on Aerofly 2
    The white lines around the instruments on the AF2 version must be some sort of extra detail that looks good when you have retina, but without retina, it draws too much attention to the pixels due to the contrast between the white lines and the black background. I wonder if this picture shows this if you view it on a retina screen.

I just tried to recreate those shots on my ipad but I found I just couldn't get that orangey pinkish hazey sunset light! I tried pretty much every time setting near 3:45 but you will see how close I got below. I also found that when I put the plane on the very same runway as the first pic, I couldn't see the buildings from San Francisco in the distance even on the furthest distance setting.

the reflections on the side of the fuselage look great here

As you can see in this comparison the higher end graphics work MUCH better in darker light. The mini 1 scenery graphics are much to dark compared with how bright the sky is.

Hi, unfortunately I was impatient and didn't wait for the iPad mini 2 to come out so I got the 1 about 4 months before the 2 came out. I hadn't seen what retina was like then but now I wish I had it! I only found out about aerofly around 6 months after having my iPad so when I bought it I didn't think I would need the extra memory of the iPad mini 2. Another thing I wish I had is 32gb of storage - I ran out a lot faster than I thought I would. "The clarity of San Jose, seen in my last and your second pic must be due to difference device available memory when downloading the app." Do you mean that aerofly sorts out graphics settings based on how much available memory there is when you download the app? So if I had aerofly 1 and a load of other high memory consuming apps open when I downloaded AF2 do you think I would get worse graphics? That would be interesting because I could well have previously been using AF1 when I downloaded 2.