Posts by Silvoc

I completely agree.
    The reason why I got the iPad version rather than the desktop one is that I can't afford anymore to dwell in the beauty of a desktop simulator in which spend time perfecting the settings and the techniques. On the other hand, I'd love some casual fooling around... Exactly what the iPad is for...
    Personally I think a simulator should be a simulator. You can still appeal the 90% of people that doesn't know how flight works by dampening the difficulties. But please, leave us the choice for a -ahem- real flight experience.
    I vote for a 3 button settings (like the wind options) to choose between various degrees of realism.

Well, in the previous version was not possible (the best you could get was a spiral, and even stalling wasn't a real stall)... I wonder whether they have fixed the control of the deflection in the new version...

You are absolutely right.
    Since it is rather difficult to infer the AOA, I looked at the reaction of the ailerons while decreasing the speed, few moments before the onset of a condition with less than 1g (of course this is possible only on some of the aircrafts). In short: as I wrote above, the only one with what I considered a proper response was the F18 (of course I'm not sure whether what I see is aileron control or some strange interplay between the ailerons and the elevons). All other planes just kept full control of the roll.

S

Actually, I'm not sure whether it si just a problem of elevator deflection: I found that in very specific conditions (above 50k) it is possible to put the F18 in an inverted flat spin, and that at that height the ailerons at low speed (<70knots) are not effective. Below that height, the ailerons maintain control even at 20knots (couldn't get slower), which is quite strange. I tested all the other aircrafts at 33k, and it seems that,no matter how slow you fly, the ailerons retain control. This suggests that the wings are still flying: even if the elevator can't deflect enough, most aircrafts shouldn't be able to maintain control at that speed.

Silvo

Well, the usual way: cut the power, slow down, pull up and full rudder (sometimes I add aileron in the opposite direction). It seems that at best I get into a spiral. It seems as if the airplane is still able to fly even after being stalled (the ailerons seems to keep control way beyond the stall). It's the same if I try with other planes as well.
    Actually, now that I think about, also the stall is a bit weird: the nose does not drop the way it does in real life. It is more of a buffeting than a nose-dive.

Thanks,
    Silvo

Hello,

Just a quick question. I'm trying to pu the extra in a spin, but it seems that, apart from dropping a wing, it is impossible.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Silvo