Posts by Overloaded

I went around the world using old mobile Aerofly 2 doing that, no nice nav page great circles back then8) it was fun waking up and waiting for a landfall in ultralow resolution world scenery. The compass settings varied with simulated real world magnetic variation just to add to the fun.

Play with friends in something appropriate.

Do you want to be an instructor, a co-pilot, a flight attendant, a passenger?

Do you want to simulate a criminal gang of ten year olds flying in close proximity in a bunch of stolen light aircraft? something that realistic?

Version 1.00.17.00

Crossing the Alps, they are flat.

Tilt calibration is faulty or completely lost.

Fault

On a take off from Munich 26L the 737-900 immediately almost went out of control.

For pitch control the tablet needed to be held about 90 degrees greater than the calibration position. It had been calibrated about 15 degrees forward of vertical (top edge away from the user). It needed to be held about 75 degrees back from vertical (top edge towards the user).

For roll control the tablet needed to be held about 50 degrees anti-clockwise.

Calibration attempts did not work.

On TWICE turning off the autopilot on finals to Rome runway 25 tilt calibration was lost. No tablet posture allowed recovery. Several plus 500 feet height gain button screen touches allowed for several calibration menu attempts but the sim remained out of control.

Selecting a different -900 livery normalised the calibration.

Background

At Rome a long flight from Istanbul was flown using Autopilot Heading, LVL CHG and ALT HOLD. FL400 was reached.
    All the master caution lights came on permanently mid flight.

At Munich a complex route was entered (with the late SID legs overwritten). A manual Rome STAR was entered. LNAV and VNAV were armed and the TOGA instrument panel screen touch was used. Turning finals for Rome 25 I disconnected the autopilot and like the Istanbul flight tilt control was totally lost.
    The below GS P-Inhibit light came on permanently at high altitude.

iPad pro M1 11.9" 8 gb

UK location.

Global scenery was on.

The tablet had SkyVector and internet airport navigation pages open in FIREFOX. No other apps were open.

Buying an expensive device is going to feel uncomfortable but it would be likely to last much, much longer. I’m still getting 100% pixels at 1,800 vertical resolution at 30 fps with Aerofly FS2023 on a 2016 Google Pixel C tablet. It was (supposed to be) the best android tablet of its day.

Buying what seems to be more than you can afford is likely to save you money in the long term AND in its ‘youth’ the device will excel and give you thrilling performance.

SHOCK, HORROR !

I tried Courcheval in the 172 and after a GO BACK 10 SECONDS I could not establish my position and the nav aids made no sense. I was over Ambri a hundred miles away!

My Courcheval in the iPad has 04 and 22 back to front on the nav page, seriously undesirable IPACS friends. The runway has no painted direction numbers.

Entschuldigung, dass ich die verwendete Sprache geändert habe. (Google translate, sorry if it says something rude🤭)

MartinM: Please do not use '\', instead use '/' and also add a trailing '/' at the end. We will change the code here in a future update.

I seem to have missed all this streaming! Is the storage location selection still as just described or have there been alterations? I tried reading every streaming post!!!
    I was against the idea of constant downloading until I tried the new mobile versions.

Remember how useful the flight path vector in the attitude indicator is, carefully holding a 3 degree glidepath you quickly spot any undesirable speed or descent rate trends.
    This is better than trying to chase a flight director if you are not set up right for the descent.

I remember a HS 125-700 and getting sim training in an old turbo jet 125 based cockpit sim. The reverse thrust levers needed a gate lift otherwise the whole centre console lifted clean off the sim booth floor … if operated by a gorilla who hadn’t been briefed properly. I must get some bananas from the shops this afternoon.

HS 125-400 cockpit.

The airport we see the most and watch the most intently is around the landing threshold and the approach lighting equipment and the localiser antennae arrays and similar. Why on earth after so many years are we still being subject to =O those dwarf working PAPIs? The insult is that the scenery usually depicts the true size and true location PAPI lights in frustrating non-working form. Instead of another spam-can airliner give us VASIS. How about VASIS and the visual strobe lead in lights for JFK 31L?

San Francisco's threshold presentation is way, way overdue being brought up to an acceptable standard, if some pretty sheds near the airport centre have to go to provide any extra performance overhead I will not miss it in the least.

Our favourite super wonderful amazing etc. sim', just some polishing suggestions that would make the simulation look a lot better.

Try the Learjet, the yoke trim knob is really easy to work with ordinary touch-swipe. It greatly transforms what had been a difficult plane once all the ‘beginner friendly’ and ‘smarter than you intelligent co-pilot’ annoying assistance rubbish😠 was turned off. Trim and feel is very nice and the apparently authentic flap trim is now tamed, it used to want to run away (non cancelling accumulation) after a few approaches.

It also benefits from a good instrument scan to check what is happening on the trim indication, nothing at all wrong with that.