Posts by Overloaded

I’m thinking new phone and it won’t be from Apple.

Android smartphones allow 1,660 and 1,440 pixel vertical resolution and I carry suitable reading glasses!

I have Aerofly in PC, iOS and Android. I only got a new iPad because Aerofly Android is now so decrepit;( (no scenery add-ons, no updates and broken flight planner).

Can you say Yes or No?

The Sion instrument approaches as an example use many local fixes that are hard to program in by eye and their Aerofly generated names cannot be edited to match published names. If they could be saved then typing in the position would be a one-off task which would be more popular than one might think.

Not even using the Aerofly FAF at this time as a 2,000 ft/10 miles-through-the-mountains solution, would be easier if the published fix altitudes could be entered and associated with the fix on the flight plan page, even if they are visual only and not followed by a 3D auto-flight sim’ approach. Vertical speed mode control is used in following the non glideslope procedures anyway.

Perhaps assumed user adherence to the 3D auto-flight sim’ approach feature stifles flexibility?

The 737 DME in statute miles instead of nautical, the MB 339 HSI DME not working and the Baron 1/2 power on approach remain. There is no profi mode for the R 22 helicopter like there was in the initial PC version.

Your FS2019 is truly excellent, thanks again.

Is there something funny about the spinner graphics? The starter ring on the crankshaft is a nice touch and there seems a good nod towards the wonderful Cessna internal mechanism Fowler flaps which enormously impressed me in my student PPL days. I’m not a fan of external trimmings such as chocks or pitot tube covers but an occasional new birds nest on top of the cylinders would be quite acceptable. I’m getting a sweet memory back of the foot hold on the landing gear leg and of course individual doors, a luxury once Cherokee types were encountered. The air vents in the leading edge wing roots hopefully fall out if opened too much. I hope it creaks and groans.

I think I’ll give it a go, looking forward (?) to a realistic 550 fpm climb with two on board a dear tired old flying school plane.

I presume the various advanced tools do not allow a gauge edit?

I miss being able to modify the MS FS cockpit bitmaps, I redrew a FS 98 twin add-on cockpit as an Aztec and added dead flies and bird pooh traces to the windscreen for a better attitude.

You can’t pull the rudder pedals by finger swipe but you can do joystick, throttle, mixture, altimeter setting, magnetos, primer/wobble pump(?) and the tail wheel lock. I think that is the Jungmeister cockpit A to Z.

The updated Baron now needs 23” of manifold pressure to maintain a near sea level, full flap, 500 fpm descent at 100 knots with the blue rpm levers and the mixture fully forward. That equates to about 340 horsepower, is that intended? I have not flown a Baron but it seems very high to me, it used to do it on 15”.

If you are in a shared household try it when everyone else is out or asleep. Have you any apps that would interfere with an installation? Try denying internet access to anything that is permanently active and disable any housekeeping activities. Has your internet account manager (parent?) given you limited bandwidth or capacity access through a 'guest' allocation?

Flying in an unstable manner is desirable in a good sim', the real world Cessna does hold height a bit better than a Cherokee series but planes should roll off level flight with slight inattention and drifting up or down a few hundred feet is what normal piloting gives! It takes serious training and professional standard airmanship performance to hold height deviations inside a hundred feet, if it comes easy in the sim it is wrong.

That video's stall's significant wing drop with the slip ball centred is a let down, that is what a Cessna does.