Posts by Overloaded

Has anyone else noticed that the Controller Setup (Settings/controls menu) now has a section for HELICOPTER controls? Maybe this is a good sign for that R22.

Quick reverse throttle input choice?

For a normal sense physical joystick-device throttle movement 'up' (which could be increase or decrease throttle in normal use, depending on the hardware layout) to give Aero collective 'increase'. I have XPlanes 9 in mobile and PC, the mobile slider gives down to increase collective (!) and it really is horrible. The PC version's collective can be reversed which suits my ancient Saitek AV8R joystick.

I'm sure you have this covered.

Could slider 'up' do collective if you ever release the R-22 in Aerofly FS2 mobile?, (PC users still use and love mobile, the silence in the mobile forum does not mean that it is not used, it is just that no information comes out of Tübingen).

This is magnificent, thank you all for the biggest grin on my face for a long time.

The 737 ADF works and it is brilliant !

I have tried the ADF panel's ANT, BFO and gain together with the audio panel, they do move but is audio ident working? It is superb the way it is, just being sure of the precise frequency is a bit tricky, for 268 KHz RT at New York 270 looks best from the right seat, I must try it from the left seat, the 2 KHz difference from 268 might be simulated parallax?

My 2GB GTX 950 didn't go well with Vulkan, I got an enormous permanent diamond shaped cloud shadow like patch on the ground flying east of JFK together with some panel frame flicker, changing the antialiasing setting did not affect this.

Has anyone got the manual ILS working on the 747?, I get the left side ILS entry come up with the VOR selector but of course don't get a glideslope. The ILS selector shows a random setting irrespective of the left frequency and course set, is it perhaps reserved for the copilot route function?

I must read the changes list! Thanks again. The ADF alone is an amazing achievement.

My favourite FS2 scenery is where many of the great rivers of Europe start just a few miles apart at the base of beautiful high alpine lakes and glaciers. I'll be able to Aero fly the Rhine all the way along its spectacular upland passage as far down as the junction with the Mosel at Koblenz and then feel the anticipation of what is going to be of interest from several thousand feet above the flat lands leading to the North Sea deltas. Perhaps there will be some cranes and container ships in Rotterdam?

I don't think the planes are 'fine' either.

I absolutely know that Aero is a brilliant sim but the cockpits are not near perfection just yet, unfortunately we can't operate essential pilot control functions such as functional, working magnetos, mixture controls and cowl flap operations with coughing engines and responsive exhaust gas, oil and cylinder head temperatures?

The promised manual control of navaids in the ultra glass cockpit jets is exceptionally welcome, it would be glorious if it meant a nod towards working CDUs and less reliance on the mobile app mode navigation set up. As mobile development appears to be in geological-time deep freeze, there is less need to retain the tiny phone screen friendly functionality in controlling sim' navigation. There is a risk that such a limited system could develop more and more convolution in an attempt to mimic real world capability in full size computers. GPS and FMC/CDU controls cover it all in real life and offer almost unlimited simulation potential, how about goodies such as leg altitude and speed inserts, range arcs and definable radial dme fixes?

The performance improvement of FS2 is a wonderful development. With better graphics output I hope the view out of the windows will soon show more realism with more uneven fog, convincing stratus cloud (99% of real bad weather) layers and some sort of lighting responsive water, even an interim FS (actually very nice) copy.

I have just bought Monterey, Miegs and Innsbruck sceneries, nice as they are they did not give me 1/10th the enjoyment that I got from the Dash 8 aeroplane. The view of the ground is now 'fine' to me!, remember we are simulating flights in aeroplanes. The vehicle we are virtually in is as much the experience as the passage over the ground.

I obviously know very little about this, I had thought that part of the wiki article was about the Vulkan's CPU multi core and threading implications and so supposed that this absent support item was related to the CPU usage. I admit that I don't know enough to make full sense of the article.

I hadn't at all thought of the CPU integrated graphics! Why I wonder, would Vulkan even be available for the most recent CPU integrated graphics, surely they are aimed at slow stuff like office work and web pages?

Would the minimum spec' two core, 3 GHz hardware requirement computer be likely to benefit from or be affected by this?

I got no response to suggestions that the CDU could be used to enter the nav override page allowing the Aerofly customer to manually control all of the nav frequencies.

I wanted it to at least display the actual NDB in use as obviously the 737 leaves us guessing, the difficult 737 ADF control box does not operate and being a needle dial it would definitely need a working audio ident. The Aerofly 737 hopping NDB tuning would have to be based on virtual FMC operation.

The 747 ADF frequencies displayed on the CDU are false unchanging numbers. The 737 ADF dial and knobs do not move.

Of course Tübingen can do whatever they want, it is perfectly 100% their Simulator program, the suggestion would just be giving some more optional control of the simulation experience to the user.

(Just after posting!) Just saw the very wellcome post from Jan, sounds really good!

Looks like Boeing just left out the EPR gauges, the next one down in a -200 was N1. The Aero version swapped around the top two '-200' gauges instead of leaving one out as in your real -500. I see the right seater got to play with the CDU. I'd thought the Aero HP fuel cocks sat a bit low in 'on'.

Well done Ray, you have an actual N number after all and someone has the original performance manual, some nice homework to be had there!

I wonder if the Aero fuel flow numbers in the cruise are JT8D or CFM56 ? There should be a two or three fold difference. Of course it doesn't matter in Aeroland, fuel lasts for ever.

I posted 'edited -200' hints ages ago but got no nibbles.

I had posted several pre-FS2 comments along the lines of it is obviously a -200! The facebook preview images included a vague sideways view that was a bit engine ambivalent - remember that both the -100/200 and all subsequent '37s all had high mounted engines not at all like the B-47 or Dash 80 engine pods.

I base my performance around reducing to 170 kt = flaps 25 and increasing past 200 = flaps up. We have no performance manual or weights so it is all suck it and see.

(It might posibly be a virtual 'one off').

When the first facebook screen shot previews were released I thought the new FS2 737 was a -200. After a lot of searching online I found a few references to analog panel -500s. They must have been selected by less flush operators and those wanting as little retraining of their -200 crews as possible. The single FMC/CDU and the Cat II autopilot also suggest a cheap fit.

The presence of a pair of EPR gauges makes it look like an edited -200 panel. Calculating EPR in a high bypass turbofan is very complex as the ballance between the fan and the core shifts during different phases of the flight. Rolls Royce offer it for their big 3 spool engines, rpms alone would be a handfull to assess.

The basic wing design, wingspan, flaps and length of the -200 and -500 are very similar. I wonder if the Aero 737 started as a late autopilot -200?

Ray what sort of resolution and lighting do you want?