Posts by Overloaded

Can Aero be made to display reversed side by side (Right on the left AND Left on the right) stereo images? With fairly easy crossed eyes viewing, high quality full colour 3 D images can be seen.

I use the Nvidea card Ctrl plus T selection to view Euro Truck Simulator 2 with red/cyan glasses, the colour is not perfect but the stereo image is good and it is cheap. I haven't seen or tried side by side in the graphics card software.

I believe Jan has said it would not work with Aero Open GL software? Is there another software route?

(Rodeo I viewed the Corsair cockpit with the stare into space parallel gaze method and got a really nice 3 D image, the firewall and pedals are way behind the instrument panel and the flap lever is way forward!, I would like more.:p)

Thanks, I found the new HUD items menu once the HUD had been enabled. If the HUD is too small it seems to not show the minus 10 degrees pitch line well. The HUD slider control does not seem to do anything.
    Doing an ILS with the HUD on is so easy, the flight path vector symbol reponds much faster than the Vertical Speed Indicator and fine pitch adjustment is really clear.
    I wonder if a HUD is allowed in an initial Instrument Rating test?, it would be like driving an automatic versus a manual gears car.

They have made the mobile version rudder self cancelling since about the past two or three updates. God knows why. It might have been supposed to improve over sensitive nose wheel steering? I hadn't noticed it in PC.

Just posted after you Jan! Is that why the mobile Airbus 380 has apparent adverse yaw? If it banks it will not yaw into a turn for a few seconds.

Could the HUD be made a little smaller, a bit like the Boeing fold down screen? 5 degree marks on the horizon and pitch scales would be great.

The Nav and App functions do not work in the Learjet but the manual nav' radios are super!:cool:

Check the mobile section sometime. Quote :-

January 20th, 2017, 15:25 #3
    IPACS Support
    IPACS Support is offline Member

We have delayed the airplane for now as we are not satisfied yet with the engine physics and the sound. So please give us more time.

It is a bit lighter than these two images suggest, it is also of quite low contrast.
    There was a consensus in the mobile forum a while back which favoured that look. The idea was that the eye adapted perfectly to night darkness, I've done a lot of night flying and the view outside was always pitch black in rural areas, must be because of the instrument lights and of any occasional chart or plan checks preventing perfect dark adaptation in the eye.
    Built up areas can have a diffused illumination from street and industrial lights reflecting off cloud or mist/fog.
    With the adjustable cockpit and instrument lighting in PC FS2 it might be possible to adjust the graphics card or monitor settings to have a prefered environmental darkness and still have very good instrument visibility.

Steam seems to do screen captures in 8 bit/256 colour. The original quality is smoother. This is JFK 31L. The inside image is good as the ambient cockpit and instrument group lighting is adjustable. Outside aeroplane lights switches also work.
    The outside artifical lighting gives runway edge lights and faintly illuminated 3d buildings with lit windows. There is no night lighting menu and streets, roads and taxiways are dark.

I'm very happy with the published improvements in the iOS FS2. Switzerland is a bit soft in my old mini 2 iPad but the dusk and night effects are great and the partially working nav-aids are a step up from iOS FS.
    Android FS1 is actually close ignoring the time of day change. I have Switzerland now in iOS FS, FS1 in android and PC and 2 versions of FS2 (iOS and PC, ignoring beta programs).
    iOS FS is so handy!, it's my old favourite.

The normally disappointing Berne scenery looks much, much better with the autogen trees turned completely off. The buildings are flat photos and trees kill them and ruin the attractive complex hills and the bends of the steeply banked Aare river.
    A couple of propper bridges would help a lot.