Posts by donka

I left AF2 running on my works iPhone 5 when plugged in so I could test flying round the globe. With brightness up, it got very hot. It gets warm on the IPhone 6 but more localised and not as warm. I have the brightness turned down and limit framerate turned on. Never noticed it in my iPad Air 2 or mini 2 but they both have a decent case on. Will try the 5s today.

With the ability to fly around the globe and new regions getting added, it would be great if we could A.Fly between regions and B.Skip forwards through time or more likely distance.

I'm thinking of the scenario where you can set SFO as the departure point and select Paris say as the destination airport using the Navigation page if Paris was an available region. Now when you take off and set autopilot for your heading, it would be great if there was a distance skip feature where by tapping it progressed you in 100 mile increments. This would make long haul flights a real option in the game as you could you keep tapping the skip distance button to progress through your flight and then fly the last ~ 100 miles in to land. A real long haul flight could be completed in about 20 minutes if needed. At the very least, you could skip past all the lower resolution imagery and focus on the more involved parts of the flight.

I think this could be a great future feature.

I want this to act as a master list for known bugs so people can update with bugs found or search to see if it is a known issue. Please let me know of others and I will update the list in bullet form on the first post. Please keep the thread on topic and advise if anything listed is not a bug or is now resolved.

Bugs:

• Learjet cockpit view can look through ceiling.
    • Navigation aid isn't dynamic so if you take a short cut then distance reported is inaccurate.
    • Able to land on water.
    • Permanent aircraft image and shadow on water on approach to SFO - not sure if you can edit supplied map images?
    • Crashing on take off with full throttle puts you back on runway with full throttle but no speed.
    • HUD view on the Aermacchi is too low so on the runway the bottom quarter of the screen is under the tarmac.
    • Speed display not working on autopilot console.
    • Pilot's hand and throttle knob animation are out of sync in the Cessna 172.
    • Flickering polygons on the P-38's cockpit.
    • Flickering on start of Oakland runway 29 on approach from cockpit view.
    • DME not working in most IFR capable aircraft.
    • RMI does not work correctly in any aircraft as the VOR needle points permanently to 090 deg.
    • If you load a new aircraft during a flight then the controls do not calibrate properly and the aircraft pitches violently nose down.

Thanks Gary. I haven't tried this kind of navigation so will give this a try over the weekend if I get some time. I'll just need to try and summarise your instructions into a more palatable flight plan of sorts as it is a lot of information to go through during the flight.
    Should be fun. :)

Not a glitch as such but just tried out the 737 on the iPhone 6 there and the Autopilot controls at the bottom are very hard to distinguish against the cockpit dials in bright sunlight. I much prefer the positioning of the AP controls down here as opposed up top but they may need a little contrast or colour option to make them more visible in such scenarios?

And that reminds me, there is a similar issue at the start of runway 29 at Oakland as you come in to land. It is easiest to see in cockpit view but can be seen from some other views to depending on aircraft and angle.

OK, I can replicate the flicker on both a mini 2 with Retina and the Air 2. It's harder to see on the mini and best to zoom in to see it. It happens in normal flight but I think it is exacerbated by the slightest of movements.

I noticed that if you set autopilot for altitude and once you reach that altitude, the flicker is much less pronounced, to the point of disappearing. If you then pan your view a little left or right then it returns so I suspect it is related to the current point of view and because the view in the is cockpit is dynamic, anything that alters that such as normal hand movement or moving the angle of view when on the level brings it back.

Great video Donka!

What software are you using to capture video and audio with such high quality?

Btw, I can't see the flickering glitch on top of the cockpit's panel. Can you confirm if there's any noticeable artifact in the cockpit of your P-38?

Thanks. I'm just using Quick Time player on the Mac with the iPad plugged in via USB.
    I'll check again did this flickering but I haven't noticed it so far.

An overview of the P-38 Lightning in 2.0.5 on the iPad Air 2. No commentary, just raw video.

[video=youtube_share;vMNaoaGfa1o]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]