Posts by donka

The missing shadow objects are a performance improvement, so we wouldn't call it a bug. We raised this limit a little for the upcoming update, but we still don't show all objects in the shadow.

The blurry textures from low angles is something we cannot do anything against. Its a limitation of the 3D graphic card in the iOS devices.

Aircraft lighting is a matter of taste.

You can leave the other points as it is, we will try to address them in future updates.

But it would be nice if you could change the posting title to something like "Notes regarding update version 2.0.3".

OK, I have updated the first post and removed the items that are not bugs. Regarding the missing shadows, this doesn't affect all aircraft. Is this because the affected aircraft already have high performance requirements? Just wondering why it is inconsistent.

I will change the title of thread if you wish but I think it should remain as bugs as it helps others who see these issues understand and not report a duplicate. It's not a negative thing, yours is the only aircraft sim I care would about which is why I spend so much time here working through issues and posting videos to help promote Aerofly 2.

Here is a quick overview of the new 2.0.3 update including Boeing 737. Best viewed in full screen on YouTube and the quality in the video doesn't reflect how crisp this game looks on the iPad Air 2.

[video=youtube_share;wLtMZG5f9DQ]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]

Its out intent to release a new update within the next 14 days that will fix some of the major flaws.

Some points on your list are not really bugs, e.g. the missing parts in the shadow are done intentionally to improve performance.

I see the landing gear shadows were fixed on the F18 and Airbus. Are there plans to fix the rest of the aircraft in this respect? The 747 and 737 are also fine but I think the rest of the aircraft are impacted.

I see some bugs being reported in different threads but wanted to make a list in a single thread of known issues. Please let me know of others and I will update the list in bullet format and please advise if previously reported bugs still exist.

Bugs:

• Learjet cockpit view can look through ceiling
    • Navigation aid isn't dynamic so if you take a short cut then distance reported is inaccurate
    • Able to land on water
    • Permanent aircraft image and shadow on water on approach to SFO - not sure if you can edit supplied map images?
    • Crashing on take off with full throttle puts you back on runway with full throttle but no speed.
    • HUD view on the Aermacchi is too low so on the runway the bottom quarter of the screen is under the tarmac.
    • Speed display not working on autopilot console

If you set the controls to fade, it seems the only way to get them back on screen is by changing something IE changing throttle or changing the current view. After that option changes, the controls are visible again. Is this the only way to get them back on screen our am I missing something? I would prefer to be able to bring the controls back into view before changing something.

Airplay is simply native support for TV out over the likes of Wi-Fi to an Apple TV. You could sit back on the couch with Aerofly being beamed from your iPad to your TV at its native resolution with the iPad being the controller and the iPad screen could be displaying a Map and all supporting controls like autopilot etc.

OK, I was a little premature with the undercarriage shadow statement. It's fixed on some aircraft like the Airbus and F18 but still an issue with many of the aircraft. Hopefully the others will be addressed soon.

Shadows are also fixed ie all undercarriage now cast a shadow and panning around doesn't cause part of an aircraft's shadow to disappear. Undocumented but great fix.
    The luminosity of shadows is still too high in my opinion and they still get blocky but hopefully this is something that will be improved too.

A little disappointed the 737 was more expensive than the Airbus and 747 but purchased straight away anyway. It's a good addition. Haven't had much time to go through everything yet but it is a solid update. Thanks Devs. :)