Posts by donka

I sure will, I'm planning on posting a series of video clips on Aerofly 2 once the update is out. I want to ensure there is good coverage on YouTube so people are aware of this fine sim.

I'm happy either way. I'm just making a point of updating the first page page on people's replies so if someone does update the thread then the first page should reflect that. That is a single post that hopefully includes all known bugs or all of people's wishes for this app.
    Hopefully the first update will be here in the next 2 weeks. :)

I wanted to start a new thread devoted to Aerofly 2 videos since a few are starting to pop up in other threads.
    To start it off, here is my overview that is going to be included in a comparison article on a couple of other forums. It covers most aspects of Aerofly 2 and also touches on some bugs. Apologies for the synthesised commentary but I don't get enough quiet time to record a voice over for longer videos.

[video=youtube_share;2AN4RLcXBCA]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]

Thanks support. Can I ask, I'm assuming these very low resolution images are already included in the app and don't require any internet connection? If so, this is actually quite impressive. Do good have any idea when new regions will be available and will we be able to navigate between them ie set the starting point in one region and set the destination as an airport in another region?

Well managed to clear the east coast and reach the Atlantic. Checked the coordinates (roughly) and they showed me a little north east of New York. I only saw some of the ground before I got back to the iPad but it looks like there is elevation data but no detail as such.

You're welcome. If you can hold off, I'll add the commentary to the video but keep it at its current length as it will make more sense for the viewer when things are pointed out. I'll then make that video public. I'll also add a series of shorter videos - each on a single subject.

Yup, I figured out the coordinates from the location page but once you have been in there, when you start the game afterwards it resets your location to a point in the mapped region as I suspected.
    I've now started from the easterly most point on the map and heading east so I'll see when I reach the east coast of the US and then record the coordinates and check on google.

Won't the scenery location map give you a look down view that you could zoom out on to see if the shapes of the land look like Japan?

That is only for location. I don't want to access that just now in case it resets the flight. I have been using the in flight navigation map but of course it only lists airports so nothing on there. The only frame of reference I have at the moment is the distance from the nearest airport which is showing Merced Regional 4134NM behind me. :)
    Once I'm properly over land I will try that location map to see.

Okay, I have just flown over some small strips of land - I suspect the northern most islands of Japan but ground textures are very blurry and I have no way of confirming location. This seems to confirm that the global flight is already possible - albeit without much in the way of navigation assistance. This makes the whole UTC time slider under Conditions much more meaningful now.

Okay, I know iPacs talked about a Global Flight model for Aerofly 2 and I assumed that was something that would be coming in an update when there are more regions available. I saw earlier today someone posted a review on iTunes talking how they managed to head out west and fly right around the world. I thought it was someone just making stuff up but curiosity got the better of me so I have my iPad mini sitting on my desk and have the F-18 currently flying on autopilot heading due West. So far I am 2700NM from Santa Rosa and I'm roughly tracking this on Google Maps which has me in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. All I can see just now is water below me (obviously) but I even have the moon tracking through the sky! It will be interesting if I encounter land in a couple of hours but this is hugely impressive. It may not be particularly practical due to the real time nature or even realistic (at least in an F-18) but it opens up a lot of possibilities. I would love to be able to map a flight plan and then fast forward through it on autopilot to make flying long haul flights a real option.
    I'll update on this as the flight continues but I'm surprised more hasn't been said about this!

Got another video here. It is a work in progress but too long at the moment @ 40 mins. I'll trim it down and add commentary before it is final but it may be of interest to those who don't have Aerofly 2 yet or some of the aircraft featured.
    I've covered the interface, Lighting and shadows, a full flight, dusk and night time landing, high altitude graphics etc.
    Some points of interest are the lack of landing gear shadows on the F18 prior to take off and the over exposed aircraft and blurry aircraft textures from an angle - very noticeable on the 747. Also the wing flex on the 747 as it lands - such a nice touch.
    Aircraft featured - Aermacchi MB-339, Airbus A320, Boeing B747-400, F4U Corsair, F-18, Learjet 45 & Baron 58.

[video=youtube_share;2AN4RLcXBCA]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media]

Thanks guys. Yes, in replay mode, the flight information bar is frozen since the game is technically paused. The surface of the bridge is not completely solid which is why the wheels keep sinking in and popping back up. Trying this in the Corsair which is already more unstable proved a fruitless exercise - I nearly got to a halt once in it but clipped the bridge and crashed.
    I do have a video overview I hope to finish up this weekend which I will post. Its fine to link to this video in your playlist.

And yes, I do agree, I would love to see clouds in Aerofly 2. The devs did say it might be an option on the Air 2 - I would be well chuffed if they could pull it off.

Okay, video is up at the following link. You will soon see why it is a nightmare to land the Corsair on - check out the wheels on the external view when landing. Quality isn't so hot thanks to YouTube - it looks much sharper on the original - not sure if there are settings on YouTube to improve that or not...

[video=youtube_share;a0ANTUwZC1c]

[/media]

Okay, I managed to land with the Italian jet, I forget the name, but the Corsair proved to be impossible. I can touch down with the Corsair but the bridge is not 100% solid and the plane gets thrown about like a rag doll. You can't keep it straight for long enough to avoid crashing and I must have had around 20 attempts. I'll upload the successful landing in the morning. I suspect it will be possible to land the Corsair on one of the other bridges though.