Posts by donka

When using navigating, if you take a short cut, the distance does not update to reflect the lower nm e.g. if a route takes you past an airport then doubles back to approach the runway, if you double back sooner, the distance remaining does not update so I could have landed on the runway and it is still reporting 8nm to the runway. This ideally needs to be updated so you have an exact distance to the runway to better gauge your approach.

As the title says, when flying with autopilot set and you hit pause, when you return, you are back to the same place as expected but autopilot it no longer engaged so you immediately go off course until you get full control back again. It would be good if autopilot remained engaged when returned from pause.

Creating a new thread at the request of support.

One thing regarding shadows - as we come in to land, the shadows can help judge where you are but they don't meet up with the wheels on the tarmac the shadows only relate to the body of the plane, not the wheels. This is a little disorientating as it should give a visual reference to where you are in relation to the runway and it appears as if you have landed before you were expecting to. If the shadows for the wheels were present then they should meet the wheels as the plane touches down on the tarmac.

One thing regarding shadows - as we come in to land, the shadows can help judge where you are but they don't meet up with the wheels on the tarmac. This is a little disorientating as it should give a visual reference to where you are in relation to the runway and it appears as if you have landed before you were expecting to. If the shadows for the wheels were present then they should meet the wheels as the plane touches down on the tarmac.

I'm certainly not condoning censorship and we are all entitled to our opinions but I thought your post in general was a bit harsh and given iPacs own these forums, I can understand why they wouldn't be happy to have 'negative advertising' on their own website. These are support forums after all and some of your comments were assumptions and not necessarily based on fact. It's the same reason why they wouldn't want competing products posted in these forums and is listed under the forum rules.

If you want to help improve the product, constructive criticism makes more sense. The app isn't perfect but as someone who enjoys mobile flight sims, I'm hoping these forums will help shape the future of this app.

Thanks for the update. I'm genuinely impressed with Aerofly 2 and what constructive criticism I offer is purely in the interests of improving your app based on a user perspective.

4535jacks
    I know a HUD view may not be for everyone but it is no coincidence that the big two competitors feature such a view as an option. I occasionally select the cockpit view but it is compromised on mobile screens and a HUD view makes the most of the available screen space. As I say, if it is another optional view then I think it would be a great addition to Aerofly.

Okay, my initial thoughts on Aerofly 2 and I will make some references to competitor sims but of course won't name them.
    As some background, I have Aerofly 1 which I enjoyed to a point but ended up removing it as it was missing some much needed features which for the most part are included in Aerofly 2.
    Also, I'm looking at this from the perspective of a mobile flight sim and not some hard core accreditation software.

First up I would like to thank iPacs for a great app. Although in many ways it is very similar to the first app, I can see where a lot of effort has gone and I have no problem with paying for this as a new app.

The good:
    Great graphics. The plane models were always good but the new variations in time and lighting really add to this sim. The extra modelling of ground objects is also a great addition, it really is a big improvement over one of the other competing products in this regard. What also impresses me is how fluid things are. I have ran this on an iPad mini with retina and an iPad Air 2 and it is buttery smooth. One of the other competitors really struggles to hold a decent frame rate, even with the Air 2 which surprises me. Aerofly 2 is clearly well coded and optimised.

Sound again is very good, the variations with engines is well done although I do feel there are some additional sounds that could be added to enhance the game. I'll come back to that after I spend more time with the game.

Replay feature. This was one of my must have additions and it is in place and functions well. It is fairly basic in the sense it is just the last 2 minutes and you can simply play it back and scroll through if needed but it does all I need and have no complaints.

Time of day. This was another needed option and it looks good, especially when coming in to land at night with the excellent runway lighting. I just don't like how it is implemented. Instead of the option of simply picking daytime, night time or dusk, you select the time of day. This is based on UTC time zone but the region included in the US west coast. The result, to get night time, I need to pick around noon which I presume translates to around 4am. In its current guide, this isn't very intuitive as one would expect daytime when selecting noon although I am assuming it is done this way with having downloadable regions in mind. Again, I would have preferred a simple selection of lighting but the time zone setting may be required should the global flight model materialise i.e. it can't be daylight at both London and Sydney at the same time.

Interface. This is probably my biggest gripe with Aerofly 2. The interface works well enough but if you are holding your device with both hands and want to invoke autopilot to set to the current heading, you need to take one hand off to reach up to the heading indicator to turn on autopilot. In doing this, you are likely to knock yourself off course slightly. One of the competitors has interface icons on the left and right sides that can be activated without taking your hands off the side of the iPad. This to me is the right way to control things and I urge iPacs to introduce a similar feature of but buttons down either side that will automatically hide when not in use. As it stands just now, it also means you obscure your view when using the icons at the top of the screen.

One other thing with regards to the interface, I would love to see is a HUD only view. This allows you to see all of the scenery around you as you fly or come in to land but still have the needed information directly in front of you such as speed, altitude, heading, pitch and roll. It also assists with getting lined up perfectly with a runway because you have a frame of reference in the centre of the screen.
    I have the option of using the follow camera view with no model to give me a clear outlook on things but it means I still need to keep glancing to the top of the screen for all the pertinent information which is actually distracting.

Camera views. One additional camera view I would like to see added would be from the airport or control tower. This would really add to the app in my opinion. Also, while I don't use the in aircraft views such as the passenger cabin in the Lear jet, they are really well done and I know a lot of people like this kind of thing.

I'm still new to Aerofly 2 and will give it a much thorough going over this weekend so will be able to comment more on the flight instructions and ILS etc. although I do like the flight instructions that I have been through so far as they are short and concise.

Bugs.
    I have found a couple of small ones so far.
    In the cockpit view for the Lear jet, looking around will let you look through the roof into the sky - presumably due to the proximity of the point of view being too close to the ceiling of the cockpit?
    The engine sound on one the turboprops wasn't spooling down correctly with less power. If increased power, the sound was spooling up but if I decrease the power or even lower it right down to zero, the sound remained like full power. Only on a couple of occasions did the sound correctly spool down so it seems to be a glitch.

I'm hoping this is constructive criticism because unlike Aerofly FS, this will be staying on my device. I genuinely believe there are a few changes or additions that would make this the undisputed king of mobile flight sims.
    I really do enjoy this and I'm sure I will do even more when I spend more time with it.

Still no 'Replay' Mode then? According to a review I just read on the iTunes App Store. Haven't the Devs been listening to it's customer/fan base? This was one of the most 'Wanted' features!

There is a replay function, hit pause and then the replay bar is at the bottom. Just tap the play icon in the bottom left and you can scroll through it using the timeline.

I think it just confirms that we are fortunate to have some great simulators to choose from. I personally will be picking up Aerofly 2 when released alongside the others. They all have their pros and cons but they all appear to be excellent titles in their own right.
    I just wish we had a video of Aerofly 2 in action while we await Apple's certification... ;)

Are there any teaser trailer videos you can release to pique our interest while we await the release on iOS? I would love to see it running. Also, can you explain how the bundle purchase works for the new version if we already own Aerofly FS please?

Many thanks for keeping us updated on the progress. Very much appreciated. I like the ideas last idea of the bundle purchase for existing FS owners although hoes does this work if you already own the first version?
    Anyway, your efforts are much appreciated and you have given us an excellent sim for mobile devices which will be an instant purchase for me.

Unfortunately, the switch to lightning means the HDMI out actually uses the Airplay protocol for video output. It means you are getting a compressed image, possibly poorer resolution and compression artefacts, and there is still a little amount of lag but not as much as using Airplay over Wifi to the likes of a Apple TV. In short, it won't look as good as it should.

I do not like too much infinity, because exactly no building, not animated instruments. I like flying in a virtual cockpit and I find the bigger realism in Aerofly FS.

But I have a doubt after my previous message without answer. The new application will not be compatible iPhone, only iPad... (?) At present I use Aerofly on an iPhone 5s and the result is very good. I have write an little review On an french associative site (http://www.latitude31.fr/articles/?url=…ur-iphone-ipad/)

On the Facebook page they posted a couple of pictures of the upcoming release and said it was from the iPhone version so the iPhone will be supported.