Posts by celt43

Before this gets out of hands as usual:

Yes, the update did change some configuration files due to bugs in the old system. However aircraft modifications and aircraft flying times should still work. This was unfortunately a necessary step, so we are sorry if you have to repeat some steps again.

Some users on Steam wrote in fairly unfriendly ways that we don't respect. If somebody has something to say or report a bug, we will listen to it, but please write in a nice way.

All good, most settings are now back although my favourites are going to take a while to sort again.

As far as some steam users writing in a unfriendly way when someone is angry & frustrated I guess it's hard to write in a friendly way. No forum rules were broken as far as I could read. And being nice should also work for the developers comments as well as some can be rude, & sarcastic. LOL

Sorry but that was not the question. I have never heard anyone call the modifications OR the simulator settings "fine tuning" in the past four years that I am active in the forum. Thats the reason why I was asking weather you mean the simulator settings (volume, simulation speed, graphics settings and so on) or if your are talking about aircraft that you modified.

After the latest big update via steam the Simulator was like it had never been installed. All settings, modifications, model and scenery favourites all reset like on first install? I have no idea why or how but that what is was like. Thus why I was so angry. All was working fine for me so the update from my point of view set me backwards not forwards.

They deleted my post on Steam..........WHY?????

Who knows? Your post was about being annoyed like me about the latest update. Which I guess is why you posted it under my topic in steam. LOL You never used bad language, you broke no steam forum rules so I have no idea why it was removed?

Hi celt43,

what exactly do you mean by "all your fine tuning"? Do you mean the simulator settings or do you mean the aircraft that you modified using the internal aircraft editor?

Please call the aerofly RC 7 a flight simulator. It is not a game, it has very little game aspects in it. Its a simulator that costed more than a game would and it is intended to train your skills and prepare you for real life flying with radio controlled aircraft. Rarely any game creates a benefit for the real world. A simulator does.

Cheers,
    Jan

All as in ALL.

I'm not worried if it is called a game or a simulator. I know what it is and what's it used for.

Sorry, but changing the format for our configuration files was really necessary to incorporate new features. The old format had a serious flaw that caused some input devices to not work properly.

Please do not post comments of other people here, the issues of Thunderbird have nothing to do with your comments, so lets keep this separate. The user has been informed to contact us for further details, but hasn't done so yet.

There was nothing wrong with my game or input device, all worked fine as I stated from my point of view.
    Now all of my fine tuning and favourites are gone. I won't be bothering starting over with it. So an update that fixes a issue and causes owners to lose interest in the game? Not the outcome you imagined.

And as far as other steam members comments they were both comments connected to being annoyed about your update that reset the steam game back to the start, so they were connected. Both of their comments were posted under my post in the steam forum. I noticed you deleted their comments from my post in the steam forum? I bet they are impressed. All I did was pass them onto you, my post and the comments that were connected to my post.

Steam owners use the steam forums for their games but you hardly ever read them, maybe it's why the forum there has gone dead and silent.

* This is from the games steam forum.

Reference to the games large steam update that ruined the steam version settings, fine tuning and favourites of the game.

There was nothing wrong with the game from my point of view and you went & done some huge update yesterday that has reset the entire game. All of my settings I fined tuned over time now gone, all of my favourites now gone. Hey guys don't do me any more favours please... All you have done is annoy me and make me think twice next time about buying your products.

Other steam members have left comments such as:

HeLiAdIc writes:

"Same here all the models I had set up and fine tune gone. They could of let us know there was an update coming...Now I can't be bothered to set them up again."

Thunderbird writes:
    They've really annoyed me too !!! In this new version I have NO Sound at ALL !!! NO aircraft sounds and NO Music either !!! Lucky I had made a backup of 7.3.1 so I re-installed that version and now I have all the sound back and have set it so that it won't accept any updates. The Devs really Stuffed up this so called update for sure !!!!

Hello..

I love my new Aerofly RC-7. :)

I would like to request future models to be added if possible by Aerofly or fellow users..

My list of models that I would really like to see in RC 7. Are any of these possible?

---

Messerschmitt ME 262 jet

B-25 Mitchell

Boeing B-29 Superfortress

Heinkel He 111 bomber

Focke-Wulf 190 D9

Lancaster bomber

Hawker hurricane

Stuka dive bomber

McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom jet

Boeing 747 in Qantas colour scheme livery.

----

Thanks. :)