Posts by Wrog

I have used the sim more and am getting more comfortable with the way the copilot works, however, there is a problem at least with the Dash. Once the copilot has been engaged, and then later disengaged, the aircraft flies like it has full nose up trim, which makes it nearly impossible to control in pitch. Also, I would prefer a fully manual mode with an autopilot interface. It wouldn't take up anymore space on the screen than the current set up. I would prefer to extend and retract the gear and flaps as I please, not as the copilot thinks it should be.

But again, well done! It's a really awesome flight sim.

What are the issues that you have and what the problems that you experience?

The issue I had was with the Dash 8. I flew it around a little trying to figure out how to use copilot (I think the older version is much better). I turned it off and that's when the problems began. After lowering landing gear and trying to extend flaps (it wouldn't let me select flaps), the airplane became nearly impossible to control in roll and pitch. Then the gear raised on its own.

Disappointed its an entirely new app, but it is amazing! The main issue I have is with the new Copilot. It is not intuitive and I have had problems flying with it. Please please please add Utah/Nevada, Florida, New York and Switzerland! I would gladly devote the storage space on my device and pay for the addons

I know this is on the PC thread, but I still hold a small glimmer of hope for updating the mobile version. Aerofly 2 is still the best sim for mobile. There is a large audience to be found on the platform. That being said, a search on the U.S. apple app store today for “flight simulator” shows Aerofly 2 as #107 on the list (most of which aren’t even flight simulators). I wonder what affects the spot on the list: maybe number of reviews, time since last update, etc? Something could be done to increase its visibility. I’ll keep hoping.

Its an absolute shame the mobile version has been forgotten by the developers. X plane recently released an update with a fully programmable FMC, while Infinite Flight is on the brink of releasing its remarkable "global" update. I had high hopes for this sim, but it's been ignored. Sad!

It's too bad IPACS doesn't pay attention to their mobile fan base. IOS users have waited patiently for 6+ months. And I don't remember the last time Android was updated! This is ridiculous! I'm logging out of the forum. You can find me over at infinite flight. At least they engage with their users.

Dear IPACS,

Please update us more often on what is going on! It has been almost 4 months since the last Facebook post. And the forum is nearly silent. One of your main competitors is very active in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. And they have a thriving community forum. They use it to build hype for upcoming features and to connect with users. To be honest, you risk losing your mobile audience when you don't communicate. For instance, you teased the 777 months ago with no word since. You even teased a Robinson helicopter years(?) ago with nothing since.

Sincerely
    A concerned but dedicated user

It took a little while to learn the quirks and limitations of the copilot in Aerofly 2 on ios. I wonder if in the future, we can have traditional autopilot controls (like LNAV, Approach mode, etc.) The copilot will fly the plane into a mountain because it's so eager to descend to 2000 above the runway too early. Also when I stay higher arriving to an airport, then go back to the "route" as flown by the copilot, the plane goes into a 30-40 degree climb, instead of capturing the glideslope.

It's an iPhone 5 ios 10.1.1. The last version worked fine although it sometimes lagged a little since it's an older phone. With the new update I can get into the menu. I see the F-15 and Switzerland as new in app purchases. But when I press start to fly, it shows "loading" for several seconds then crashes. I tried with different aircraft, locations, and various settings. Crashes every time.

@bbrz
    I flew the Embraer 145 regional jet which seats 50 (same as Dash 8-300) and has gross weight of about 50,000 lbs, a little more than the -300 at 43,000 lbs. The main reason I prefer the Dash is because it can do things jets can't. For example, we could hold 180 kts to a five mile final to fit in with jet traffic, then slow to ref speed and land and stop in about 1200 feet. Also ATC would give us clearances to us that they wouldn't give to jets like the ILS 15R circle to land 4L at KBOS or the Anacostia River Visual 33 at KDCA. Can't speak to Boeing and Airbus, but I have been on the Jumpseat plenty of times. I saw a lot of jet pilots that were overly dependent on automation.

With over 3000 hours flying the Dash 8 (100 and 300) I feel I should weigh in. I've never flown the q400 but the 100 and 300 are an absolute pleasure to fly, a real pilots airplane. I have over 1000 hours on jets and personality would prefer the Dash any day.