Posts by aeroflyfan1

Thanks Jan,

Those camera types you mention would indeed be awesome.

Do you know if there is a hot key or command line parameter to allow larger camera x/y/z movement and to display the camera coordinates and angles?

or perhaps a tool that can help with defining views?

With a lot of trial and error, I have defined some new external views for the 737. I call them "Glamour shots". I also created an internal passenger view looking out the window at the wing, but something to help with this process would be very helpful.

I've made a couple of glamour shots for the 747 as well.

These are all amazing in VR.

(The desire to create additional external cameras could be overcome to some degree, if we could get the external zoom function back in VR, although an external "move camera" feature would probably be better (less distortion). Ultimately, one day we might then be able to save this camera to the aircraft .tmd file from within the sim.)

Thanks again for the c172 mods. They are terrific.

*** Edit: Aha !! I see that VR still honours "X0" camera rotation settings in the aircraft tmd file. Please retain this feature as it will allow independant camera rotation values for VR and Non-VR modes.

Note: many of the VR camera views are broken now because there are no X0 values in the latest beta tmd files and the VR cameras ignore the "Direction" paramater. (eg: c172 rear seat window view points straight ahead in VR)

Having discovered the retention of X0 for VR, much of what I said below is irrelevant now, except I would still like to respectfully request to reinstate external zoom in VR mode so that we can zoom in as well as rotate around the excellent aircraft while in VR ;) . ***

==================

It appears that, in the latest beta (Aug 26), in VR mode, all the camera "Direction" definitions are ignored.

This severely limits the options for cameras in VR, as they will always look straight ahead. This is especially relevant with external views. For instance, you cannot create a VR external camera view facing the aircraft from the front/left or the side for instance. The camera will always face directly ahead.

This also "breaks" some of the existing default camera views (like the view out the rear passenger window in the c172 as well as the Left wing external view)

You may have guessed that I have already created extra views (without a much desired camera editing tool), and now they don't work in VR.

If this is a permanent situation, can we please at least re-enable VR zoom for external cameras so that we can rotate around and zoom in to enjoy these excellent aircraft.

Thanks.

Did you try our tutorial here for setting up triple screen:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=738066887

Some users reported, they were quite happy with this setup. We have to fix the mouse cockpit interaction with this mode, but we want to know if its actually what you were looking for.

Thanks IPACS,

If you look at the photos of my setup above, you will see that my left and right screens are at about 15 degrees to the center screen.

When I tried this approach with my monitors and set the "z_axis_offset_in_degree" to, -15 and +15 respectively, each display seemed to bank around the roll axis independently rather than one central axis shared across the 3 screens.

So it seemed to be really only useful if my left and right monitors were at 90degs.

Was I doing something wrong? Would nVidia Surround bezel correction cause problems?

Here is a copy of the settings I used .....

<[list_tmsettings_separate_3d_view][separate_3d_view_list][]
    <[tmsettings_separate_3d_view][element][0]
    <[float64][x][0]>
    <[float64][y][0]>
    <[float64][w][0.333333]>
    <[float64][h][1]>
    <[float64][field_of_view_factor][1]>
    <[float64][z_axis_offset_in_degree][-15]>
    >
    <[tmsettings_separate_3d_view][element][1]
    <[float64][x][0.333333]>
    <[float64][y][0]>
    <[float64][w][0.333333]>
    <[float64][h][1]>
    <[float64][z_axis_offset_in_degree][0]>
    >
    <[tmsettings_separate_3d_view][element][2]
    <[float64][x][0.666666]>
    <[float64][y][0]>
    <[float64][w][0.333333]>
    <[float64][h][1]>
    <[float64][z_axis_offset_in_degree][15]>
    >
    >

The display seems to have too much zoom when using a triple display system. eg: Zooming right out only reveals the top row of gauges in the c172.

We need an FOV slider to set the base FOV (before Zoom is applied). Like the widescreen setting in FSX, or some sort of value in the main.mcf that we can tweak . The FOV values in the main.mcf seem to only reflect the current "in game" zoom settings the user has set in each view, so we would need an additional "base" value.

I originally got around this by following the Triple Screen setup instructions on the FS2 Steam Community guide, but only setting up a single screen (and setting it's FOV), but this now breaks the control hotspot locations on the screen in the Aug 26 beta.

BTW, these Community Guide triple screen instructions work fine if your left/right monitors are at 90deg. It doesn't seem to make sense with any other angle as each display rotates around the roll axis independantly.

The display seems to have too much zoom when using a triple display system. eg: Zooming right out only reveals the top row of gauges in the c172.

We need an FOV slider to set the base FOV (before Zoom is applied). Like the widescreen setting in FSX, or some sort of value in the main.mcf that we can tweak . The FOV values in the main.mcf seem to only reflect the current "in game" zoom settings the user has set in each view, so we would need an additional "base" value.

I originally got around this by following the Triple Screen setup instructions on the FS2 Steam Community guide, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041786331/myworkshopfiles/?section=guides&appid=434030 but only setting up a single screen (and setting it's FOV), but this now breaks the control hotspot locations on the screen in the Aug 26 beta.

BTW, these Community Guide triple screen instructions work fine if your left/right monitors are at 90deg. It doesn't seem to make sense with any other angle as each display rotates around the roll axis independantly.

thanks for ID, will try to adjust to my needs.
    hopefully settings will not reset at future initializations.

It looks like these values are just storage of the amount of zoom you apply to the views whilst in the game.

I think we need an overall FOV (to set a base zoom value) to cater for triple screen setups etc. (Like the widescreen setting in FSX)