Posts by RockNBurn

Well, usually you need a closed object to calculate light diffraction, but usually on rendered images or movies.

I still haven't experienced on modeling an airplane for Aerofly, so I don't know how it behaves with open surfaces. It will probably only render surfaces which the normals are facing the camera.

Maybe you don't need closed objects on windows and stuff, of maybe you have some normals facing the wrong direction. Or maybe you have a z-sorting problem. When it comes to real time rendering, like games ans simulators, the VGA have a hard time figuring out which transparent object (or faces) is nearest to the camera, and that causes some issues.

Hi you guys.

Recently I've noticed a strange behavior. I don't know if it's caused by the update, but... (BTW, I bought it on Steam)
    Some helis, like the goblin, the engine rev goes up even without input, on acro mode off (Idle 0).
    Some helis, like the T-Rex 700e don't have the same behavior but, when I give aileron or elevator input, the engine revs up a little.

Did someone else had that same behavior?

I'm using this USB controller.

Thank you for the info =]

So...as far as I could barelly understand, I model each component individually (wings, rudder, fuselage, etc...), Name the objects properly, save as MQO and use the conversion tools? No rigging or animation required?
    It seems pretty straight forward.