Posts by Airwolf

I would love to have a go at repainting the RC7 Airwolf model (which, from what I can gather came directly from RC5?).

Lots of little problems with it like the:

- main rotor blade colour (should be white)
    - rotor mast (should be white)
    - the tail rotor (should have one red stripe with white tip)
    - the ADF Pod
    - inside the wing sponsons (should be dull green)
    - the pilots (grrr! nothing like on the show)
    and a few other little things.

However, the RC7 model is vastly superior (I really like it, in other words) compared to Phoenix RC version of 'Airwolf' on their rival R/C sim. Only thing that is inherently wrong with the 3D model itself are the guns (there should be 3, not 1) and the looped tail stinger shouldn't be there, but the candy cane (red & white) should be on the proper tail stinger behind it. But minor details.

I have so much reference material from the show.

I'm also having the same problem on MacPro 3.1 8-core, on Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

Have an AMD Radeon 5870 1Gb, which I thought might have been the issue with this, but on reading this thread, the problem seems to be with all configurations of Mac OSX.

I've a newer Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2Gb about to replace the Radeon this month (I want to get into the Cuda Core era of cards for Premiere & After Effects CC work), so I'd bet that'll probably not solve the issue either, but I'll report back if I see any differences using the Nvidia drivers, which unlike AMD Radeon can be loaded directly from Nvidia's software on Macs.

Like the other guys, the problem with the video tearing on AeroFly RC7 v7.31 happens when you're doing fast, horizontal fly-bys with photographic backgrounds. It doesn't happen when you've the aircraft flying towards or away from the camera (in general).

MacPro 3.1 - 8-core 2.8Ghz
    32Gb DDR2 FB-DIMM 800 MHz
    Nvidia GTX 680 2Gb
    OSX 10.85 Mountain Lion
    4 x BenQ GL2460 monitors at HD Res.