Posts by JasonUK

Hi Jan,

Wow, the feeling & view you have from riding and piloting a glider must be amazing. Just yesterday I visited my local flying field and there was a small group of us flying our RC models and one of the guys was flying a 2m carbon composite glider.

I can see the fascination with gliding as you glide from thermal to thermal and ride the invisible wind* I never knew that there's quite a lot going on in terms of locating and transitioning between thermals, down wind etc.. Also, the ability to fly an RC glider for up to 30 mins+ Which is amazing compared to the 3D aerobatic models.

I've had a play with some gliders in the sim, and it's a fun challenge! :)

Regards,

Jason

Hello Jan! :)

Yes we've met online in multiplayer, great seeing you again, many thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes, crashing in real life is a tough (and expensive) one to swallow, I've crashed & rebuilt many times, it's part of the joy of our great hobby, right?. So I'm working on making each flight count and minimising mistakes.

More importantly, from each mistake, we learn what we need to improve, and what we need to do to correct it for the future. It's a continuous learning process.

I've been flying real fixed wing RC aircraft for around 8 months, and my favourite type of aircraft are the 3D acrobatic/stunt planes.

How long have you been flying real RC aircraft as well?

Kind regards,

Jason

Hello all Aerofly pilots, I've just joined the forum and am quite new to Aerofly. I've previously been flying on Aerofly Pro Deluxe and it really taught me a lot about the fundamentals of RC model aircraft flight.

Just recently I've made the upgrade to Aerofly RC 7 and was really blown away with how the developers have improved everything! Scenery, models, flight characteristics, sound, simulation menus, and added Multiplayer capability! :) As it's no fun flying on your own lol

My preferred type of aircraft is currently the 3D models. However, I do sometimes fly the scale planes, helis, drones and jets, just to explore the variety of models available in the sim.

When time & weather permits I do fly real RC aircraft, and the skills I've learnt from Aerofly really do help and translate well. Though I've had many crashes along the way! lol

Would be nice to see fellow pilots in multiplayer, happy & safe flying :)

Jason